League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Future Meta Shift: Replacing AD Carries With AD Assassins (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2647588)

Killzerz 10-06-2012 03:27 AM

The Future Meta Shift: Replacing AD Carries With AD Assassins

So we have all been watching the world championships lately, and you might have noticed the same things I have been seeing. The AD carry seems to be pretty much irrelevant. I mean sure, they do good in lane, but outside of the lane they seem to be outperformed by mid and top laners. Why? Because they are either the first to go down in a fight due to their fragility; or they run around trying not to die, therefore decreasing their DPS.

Let's look at the holy trinity of AD carries right now. Ezreal, Corki, and Graves. What do all of the boast over other AD carries? Burst. Yep, that's right, burst. Ezreal has his whole skill set pretty much, Graves has his Q and R (his E is great for utility though, should not be underestimated), and Corki has his Q, E, and R (a little more sustained DPS than the other 2 [maybe why he is picked less than them?]). I am not saying other picks don't work, but these seem to be the 3 most picked if anything. MF and Kog'Maw were both picked though, probably because Kog'Maw has stupidly good range and a good kite-er (explains why so many carries get Trinity Force [kitekitekite]), and MF has a strong ult when used correctly (also a strong laner).

So now that I have identified the problem with AD carries (they blow up due to the powercreep) I want to offer what I think the solution will be. Teams still need the raw damage, the unbiased deeps that will win them the game. This means we probably won't see carries getting tankier because there is a better option. We will see the rise of AD assassins. Why? First, because you need AD on a team, too much AP will lead to the opponents stacking MR. Second because they explode with damage even if they die fairly fast. In other words, they will do more damage than AD carries though they will die just as quick. Also, they are much stronger mid-game than AD carries (we are seeing games last shorter and shorter now have you noticed?). They can also roam without hurting themselves too much, and sometimes offer utility that carries just can't give.

So who do I suppose will become the gold standard? Wukong and Talon. Both of them have ridiculous scaling compared to most other people in this game (Talon has a burst of 7.5 if he E-autos-W-R-auto-Qs someone, Wukong has 7.7 scaling with E-auto-Q-R) and have strong AoE damage (Wukong moreso than Talon). Furthermore, Talon can silence where Wukong can knock-up their entire team adding more utility.

If you are worried these 2 can't handle poke damage in lane, don't worry: they won't be taking it. Both of these champions are hyper-aggressive in lane, especially so against weak early game opponents. Put them with an Alistar or Taric and fun times will occur in lane against weak early game AD carries. Wukong also has an easy time escaping a gank, he can W and R if necessary and Talon can just juke with R.

Let's mathcraft. Let's say that midgame Ezreal has a TF, QSS, Berserker's Greaves, and a Bloodthirster (about 10,000 gold for the next comparisons). He lasts 2 seconds in a fight. His DPS is 414, plus his Q (trinity proc),W, E, and R. (Warning, I round slightly for more even numbers [like I give or take 1-2 damage]) So he does 830+485+275+300+835. Realize how much of this comes from his ult and abilities and is mostly single target. Ezreal does 2725 damage. Also, most of this damage will hit tanks, not their squishy back line unlike the next 2 assassins.

Now let's look at Wukong. He has a Warmogs, Bloodthirster, Merc Treads, Hexdrinker, Chain Vest, and Ruby Crystal. Let's say he lasts 5 seconds in a fight because he is far tankier than a carry, and his ult allows him to knockup immediate threats. He is able to E, auto, Q, and R before dieing. That means he does 355+255+430+2025 damage before he dies (notice how broken his ult is). Wukong does 3065 damage AND over 2350 of it is AoE.

Talon is retarded though. By this time he has Merc Treads, Hexdrinker, Bloothirster, LW, and a BF Sword. He only needs to last 2 seconds for his burst (then go invis due to R allowing him a deathwish [obviously countered by Oracles, something to note badly), which allows him W, auto, E, R, auto, Q. This means he does 345+485+970+345+940. Again, he is countered by oracles and has slightly less AoE damage than Wukong (and tankiness, AND utility) BUT he does a staggering 3085 damage to a target WITH Last Whisper. Without the autos (done when enemy has Oracles) his burst is nearly instantaneous but will do 2395 instead (Last Whisper still applies).

Talon end build:
Merc Treads
BT
BT
BT
Maw
LW

Wukong end build:
Warmogs
Randuins
BT
LW
Maw
Merc Treads

Tl;dr- Squishy champs go BOOM! in teamfights and therefore unable to do much damage. Putting in an AD assassin like Wukong or Talon bottom might be where a new meta is headed. Talon can outdamage AD carries while doing far more AoE damage in a short period of time while Wukong does considerable damage (slower than Talon) as well as giving utility through his knockup and great tankiness.

This is just an opinion so don't get angry, but I want to hear your thoughts! EDIT: Jayce might work.

Talonted Blade 10-06-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killzerz (Hozzászólás 29937559)
So we have all been watching the world championships

Yes... all...

Night WaIker 10-06-2012 03:29 AM

This would be awesome if it actually happened, it'd make teams a lot more unique instead of just always having an ezreal or a corki.

Killzerz 10-06-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonted Blade (Hozzászólás 29937568)
Yes... all...

Ok most of us! 250,000 is a rough estimate!

Killzerz 10-06-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night WaIker (Hozzászólás 29937577)
This would be awesome if it actually happened, it'd make teams a lot more unique instead of just always having an ezreal or a corki.

I am really hoping it breaks how stale the meta is. GUESS WHAT THE AD CARRY WILL BE!!!??? Oh, Ezreal again...

KalastRaven 10-06-2012 03:30 AM

In these games that are over at 25 minutes it's true the AD carry isn't the strongest character - they pull their weight though, and perhaps more importantly they keep the enemy team honest. If you don' run an AD carry they can just tank hard and your Assassin squad will lack the sustained dps to handle it, and they get to a more powerful lategame with an AD carry.

Destrucshot 10-06-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night WaIker (Hozzászólás 29937577)

This

When the new itemization comes in for S3, we could see the return of AD casters and assassins who don't see much play, and even may see melee carries a viable choice.

Many exciting things to expect next season.

Talonted Blade 10-06-2012 03:31 AM

If AD assassins took over for AD carries everyone and their grandmother would get a gaurdian angel, it would be such an over powered item that it'd either:
A) Get nerfed down to uselessness.
B) Get removed entirely.

TLT Phenomen 10-06-2012 03:32 AM

I would like to add Pantheon, Olaf and Jayce to your list. All of them have range poke and cc.

Meteonyker 10-06-2012 03:32 AM

isnt the whole point of adc is being Ranged?