League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Clan & Team Recruitment (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Coming back to League (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2647428)

10-06-2012 01:10 AM

Coming back to League

I'm coming back from an extended break from league after getting my beta invite to dota 2. I spent easily 300+ hours playing that and learned a lot that can be turned around and used in league. I started in the lower normal skill bracket in dota 2 and finally made my way into the high skill bracket recently. If you don't know exactly how their ranking works then it's pretty simple to explain. Matchmaking places you against opponents of a similar skill level. The math isn't visible and you don't get a number looming over your head. The only way to know how you're doing is by noticing your own skill getting better and by looking up the replays of your games (which are posted and watchable a few minutes after being played) and seeing which skill level it filters in, the only three being Normal, High and Very High.

I don't have much to show in league besides reaching 1400 by solo queue alone in season one. I'm sitting between 1250-1300 right now, occasionally playing a ranked game when I'm bored. I've decided to stop all together now. Since in my eyes, solo/duo queue elo means little to nothing. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings.

After giving it some thought I've decided I can play any role, doesn't matter to me. Some things I've learned and excelled at in dota 2 that could transfer well into league are:

Skill shots, anything that relys on these I can do. Pudge is my most played and most successful dota 2 hero and he's got a hook that's about 3 times longer than blitzcranks.
Warding/Counter Warding
Across Map/Situational Awareness
Learning to deny carries farm with a slower and weaker auto attack (makes last hitting in league no problem.)
Understanding over extending and over committing
Jungle patterns, understanding and being aware of missing champions
Eating/taking a skill shot for the sake of saving/keeping a carry active or alive.
Controlling creep waves, using them to your advantage during the laneing phase.
Item countering (not too much of this in league, but there are some)
Being active on the mic, even overly active sometimes. (like calling missing heroes prematurely, just because)

I'm not looking for a general "invite all above xxxx elo" clan or guild, I'm looking for a team that's looking for a member to play with next season. Please be aware of the fact that I'm in school, work a job, and still play dota 2 so I don't have all the time in the world right now. If any of those are a problem, it's nothing personal and no worries, but don't contact me. Feel free to contact me in game as well. Thanks.

10-07-2012 01:19 PM

bump, still thinking about joining a team. Maybe not after this whole WC fiasco, but I'm still open to trying out the competitive side of league.

Kedzie 10-07-2012 01:26 PM

GREY RAVENS

NOW RECRUITING!

We support any and all games that you can play with your friends.
Come to our TS3 and check us out!
You can connect directly from our website: http://greyravens.enjin.com/home

Mission Statement:
To provide a fun and friendly environment for gamers of all kinds to enjoy.

Rules:

1. Fun. We're here to escape life and have fun. If you exhibit behavior that does not benefit the friendly and relaxed attitude of the clan, you will be asked to leave.

2. Respect. Do not be rude or rage at fellow clan members. If you fail to abide by this rule you will be disciplined and in extreme cases banned from the clan.

3. Activity. Life gets in the way and we understand that. But the purpose of this community is to encourage interaction between gamers. We want to see you online.

Needless to say we're looking for mature members. Admins and leaders are welcome.

sephiroth70001 12-06-2012 03:28 PM

I would love to talk to you about joining the Crimson Ravens. League of Legends is a new game for us but will be prospering soon. We are a highly regraded clan with even being mentioned in magazines such as PCgamer. Our website is www.crimson-ravens.com If you have any questions or would like to play a few games with us them my username is: sephiroth70001