League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riot doesn't care about the longterm health of the game (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2647355)

Doctor Swole 10-06-2012 12:16 AM

Riot doesn't care about the longterm health of the game

They're gonna keep releasing a champ biweekly to continuously milk profits

Those of us who have played LoL for a long time know that with every champion release
1) the old champions get further and further outdated
2) power creep
3) mobility creep
4) chance of being super OP
5) destabilizes ranked for a bit because they are a wildcard
6) the game becomes harder and harder to get into as beginners

And no matter how much anyone denies it, each new champ outclasses the old. Ashe was VIABLE before. She was a champion you could pick in a tourney with success. She was a good ranged AD. Now? Not anymore....

Or how about the new assassins, you know... akali 2.0 (diana), rengar.

Oh but they can rework champions you say. Yeah look at how slow they are.... Let's rework heimerdinger. 2 years later, still in trash tier.

And they dont always come out right. Kayle? Sure if you want to play her adc. (to those who dont know kayle used to be played HYBRID). Twitch? But dont you dare question it because they had a successful rework in ryze.

Oh and by the way. LoL has more champions than dota now. Dota.... a game thats been out for 3x as long as LoL

EDIT: Morello says they want all released champions to be tournament viable. That honestly sounds like power creep to me because tourny viable = top 50%. if you release all champs at top 50% then there's a power creep going on

Sessamo 10-06-2012 12:19 AM

Yeah, poor Ashe was pushed out of viability by those fancy new champs Ezreal and Corki.

Olyps 10-06-2012 12:21 AM

man I don't even wanna deal with you. your complaints are so trite and inconsistent with all the effort that has been put into this game.

True Bandito 10-06-2012 12:22 AM

I disagree on many points.

Quote:

They slowed it down.

Quote:

Those of us who have played LoL for a long time know that with every champion release
Quote:

2) power creep
3) mobility creep
This is true.

Quote:

Twitch, TF, Jax, Heimer, Xin Zhao, Vayne...old champs were BROKENLY OP.

Quote:

What?
Quote:

DoTA2 is WAY harder for newbies.

It is true that in LoL you don't start out with all the champs and most champs are 6300IP--my only complaint. But you can have a dozen 450 champs to start with..

67chrome 10-06-2012 12:22 AM

Only half of the old champions are really outclassed by newer champions, there are still many that remain viable and competitive.

Alistar, Blitzcrank, Taric, Corkie, and Karthus are still incredibly game-changing despite being with LoL from the begining.

Mobility creep just seems like something that's happened because there are more champions rather than speedy champions, Ezreal was around the 3rd champion released in the bi-weekly pattern Riot started, and he's one of the most mobile champions out there. Nidalee and Kassadin are notable for being highly mobile as well. With enough mobile champions it just seems mobility was gravitated towards for QOL benefits more than anything else, then started defining the meta. As far as mobility goes though, I haven't seen much Ahri in this tournament and she's one of the few mages with mobility.

PoisonedTea 10-06-2012 12:23 AM

dude they have so much money they don't even know what to do with it they don't need to milk us.

if the wanted they could slow down champion production maybe they should

they are reworking many of the old ones.

Saruyan 10-06-2012 12:24 AM

i like how people forget all the other very successful remakes that have happened, but they must bring up how twitch's remake wasnt perfect.

Morello 10-06-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sessamo (Hozzászólás 29935498)
Yeah, poor Ashe was pushed out of viability by those fancy new champs Ezreal and Corki.

Beat me to it.

Simply put, OP. you've made an assumption (ie we don't care about the health of the game) and then built an evidence set to support that. If you actually were looking to see what was happening, you'd look for a pattern and then develop a conclusion based on that evidence. And simply put, there isn't a problem here you can point out that makes sense.

Is balance perfect? No (and it won't be, but it's something we have a whole team of dudes that works on it). We support our old stuff all the time, especially with balance and reworks. "There's a few bad champs that are old" is not a thesis - it's an accurate observation that is counter to the pattern of us spending a lot of time and effort on the existing game. It's not like we're monetizing that stuff either.

If you're mad about something, or don't understand something, ask; I'm happy to talk about it. Don't tell us what we do and don't care about unless you have some damned fine analysis to back it up - is discredits your posts and buries your concerns in Red Herrings.

JunkRamen 10-06-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Swole (Hozzászólás 29935455)

2) power creep
3) mobility creep

1) Pretty sure at least half the top tier consists of champions at least a year and a half old. Most common bans: Blitz, Alistar, Shen, Malphite, Morgana, and then some new champion or Ezreal. And guess who was picked just about every time they weren't banned in the tournaments today? Blitz.

2) Nothing today is as strong as old TF, patched Udyr, old Ezreal, hell even patched Janna.

3) There are still only 5 champion slots per team.

4) What about the super OP old champions?

5) 6) Your only valid points here.

Quote:

And no matter how much anyone denies it, each new champ outclasses the old. Ashe was VIABLE before. She was a champion you could pick in a tourney with success. She was a good ranged AD. Now? Not anymore....
Yeah, and 2 of the champions that replaced her are old.

Quote:

And they dont always come out right. Kayle? Sure if you want to play her adc. (to those who dont know kayle used to be played HYBRID). Twitch? But dont you dare question it because they had a successful rework in ryze.
Kayle is a very strong top and had Dyrus picked her possibly would've made a world of difference today.

Quote:

EDIT: Morello says they want all released champions to be tournament viable. That honestly sounds like power creep to me because tourny viable = top 50%. if you release all champs at top 50% then there's a power creep going on
Do you realize that one of the most common causes of blatant OP comes from old champions getting reworked or buffed?

whouthink 10-06-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morello (Hozzászólás 29935602)
Beat me to it.

Simply put, OP. you've made an assumption (ie we don't care about the health of the game) and then built an evidence set to support that. If you actually were looking to see what was happening, you'd look for a pattern and then develop a conclusion based on that evidence. And simply put, there isn't a problem here you can point out that makes sense.

Is balance perfect? No (and it won't be, but it's something we have a whole team of dudes that works on it). We support our old stuff all the time, especially with balance and reworks. "There's a few bad champs that are old" is not a thesis - it's an accurate observation that is counter to the pattern of us spending a lot of time and effort on the existing game. It's not like we're monetizing that stuff either.

If you're mad about something, or don't understand something, ask; I'm happy to talk about it. Don't tell us what we do and don't care about unless you have some damned fine analysis to back it up - is discredits your posts and buries your concerns in Red Herrings.

Cmon Morello its been like 7 hours since Irelia beat Jayce top and you still havent nerfed either of them

Get down to business