League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to lose a lane - need advice (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2646843)

Tahald 10-05-2012 08:18 PM

How to lose a lane - need advice

It sort of stupid, but i don`t know how to lose a lane. no i don`t mean that i never lose my lane it just that when my opponent has an advantage on me, about a kill or two.

My biggest probleme is that everytime they get a kill or two on me im screwed, and some kill are either hard to avoid or i can`t do anything against it, like if they invade and one of my teammate get grab/chain CC, my jungler actually dived my opponent when i backed,their jungler camped on my lane untill they finally get me( generally about 2/3 try get me) or when my opponent counter pick me hard or is very skilled.

in these time they can deny me hard, so i try to farm under tower wichh sort of work but generally they slowly hit me with a spell and are able to get me low enough ( this mean that i still have 75% of my hp) so they ( my lane opponent and the jungle ) kill me under my towerafter that i can even farm i can stop my lane opponnent from free farming.

I have 4 choice:

#1. try to farm 1 cs every wave( more would be too dangerous)

#2.try to poke my opponent to make him lose 1cs every wave

3.Call for help and see no one helping me( yeah everytime i ask for 1 gank and my jungler don't, he tell me that i should need him to not lose my lane(wich is true but sometime i don't have the skill for))

#4. Don't get in the range of my opponent even if that mean that i will have no Xp and gold and try to farm as much as i can when he's back

None of these ?solution? are good, but i don't really have the choicei don't know what else i can do.From what i know from that game that how i think everyone should do.

#1-if my opponent have an advantage but i still can farm
I go for 1/2 gp5 and try to win later, let not waste the time of my jungler if he's busy (let atleast have a lane that win) but if every lane are fine he should come ( if the lane is correctly placed and.

#2-If my opponent is too strong and i can farm and under my onw tower is not safe
the jungler should come( or the mid if he's a good roamer) and gank to at least make my opponent back( or die) so i can do the #1.

But this never happen, it generally when i really need the jungler that he doesn't want to help me.So please tell me the best thing to do to farm and survive.i suck at losing my lane, i bad to hold the snowball by my self

TL : DR When my opponent get a kill or to he can overabuse he advantage and get feed and with the help of his jungler they can tower dive my when im almost full health, my jungler don't want to help my 80% of the time and all my teammate to is complaining and look at me die.

Amatzikahni 10-05-2012 08:35 PM

When people at my rating start losing top lane, they start ganking hardcore and let the outer turret fall. Once they are safely back in our territory, they only need one ward to keep watch on the enemy jungler's movement well in advance while they free farm. If their top decides to continue farming so close to our second turret, mid and jungle both come for a 3v1 to quickly kill him and get back in the game. But if they can't dive you yet, it's best to stay in lane as long as possible and get as much CS as you can without overextending.

Tahald 10-05-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatzikahni (Hozzászólás 29931313)
When people at my rating start losing top lane, they start ganking hardcore and let the outer turret fall. Once they are safely back in our territory, they only need one ward to keep watch on the enemy jungler's movement well in advance while they free farm. If their top decides to continue farming so close to our second turret, mid and jungle both come for a 3v1 to quickly kill him and get back in the game. But if they can't dive you yet, it's best to stay in lane as long as possible and get as much CS as you can without overextending.

what if they can dive and kill me but they are not destroying my tower

Amatzikahni 10-05-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tahald (Hozzászólás 29931991)
what if they can dive and kill me but they are not destroying my tower

Then you win dragons and turrets as a 5v4 while he wastes his time trying to solo farm.

Dry Ace 10-05-2012 09:58 PM

If he's diving at will...leave the turret?

Hirumonogatari 10-06-2012 09:24 AM

i sometimes have this problem (especially when they send the ADC top - which idiots do that?)

if i know they can dive turret and get out alive i usually leave lane. and then the other lanes start raging "WTF are you doing in our lane? GTFO"

great people we play with sometimes =.=

Nea De Penserhir 10-06-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatzikahni (Hozzászólás 29933075)
Then you win dragons and turrets as a 5v4 while he wastes his time trying to solo farm.

"Wastes time trying to solo farm"

Only a few champions that go to Top Lane do well on a minimal budget. The dragon does not provide enough individual gold to leave someone to free farm, and an underfed Champion roaming is basically even more gold for the enemy team.

If a solo lane begins to snowball, the game immediately becomes harder for the entire team, especially a Top/Mid because they tend to hit their stride around 9-13, and can nearly wipe out a team's healthbar on their own for their carry to clean up.

ThaWiseWolf 10-06-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tahald (Hozzászólás 29930831)
My biggest probleme is that everytime they get a kill or two on me im screwed, and some kill are either hard to avoid or i can`t do anything against it, like if they invade and one of my teammate get grab/chain CC, my jungler actually dived my opponent when i backed,their jungler camped on my lane untill they finally get me( generally about 2/3 try get me) or when my opponent counter pick me hard or is very skilled.

TL : DR When my opponent get a kill or to he can overabuse he advantage and get feed and with the help of his jungler they can tower dive my when im almost full health, my jungler don't want to help my 80% of the time and all my teammate to is complaining and look at me die.

That's how top lane works most of the time, the first person to get a kill comes out on top 90% of the time unless they genuinely get outplayed or you get good jungler support. The solution is to not put yourself in that situation. If you end up dying in lane, you have to sit back and be passive to avoid feeding gold, your opponent will have CS/gold advantage and therefore can outzone you. That's just the way it works.

Togekiss24 10-06-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flynnNA (Hozzászólás 29943326)
That's how top lane works most of the time, the first person to get a kill comes out on top 90% of the time unless they genuinely get outplayed or you get good jungler support. The solution is to not put yourself in that situation. If you end up dying in lane, you have to sit back and be passive to avoid feeding gold, your opponent will have CS/gold advantage and therefore can outzone you. That's just the way it works.

In that regard I can understand why Riot is planning for gameplay changes to the top lane. Because it's a long lane, stepping out or getting killed in that lane means that your opponent will gain about 2-3 levels above you while you are rotting at base, and obtain even more items to work against you. You're only true hope is to outplay them, it's generally an unforgiving lane.

Amatzikahni 10-07-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir (Hozzászólás 29942842)
"Wastes time trying to solo farm"

Only a few champions that go to Top Lane do well on a minimal budget. The dragon does not provide enough individual gold to leave someone to free farm, and an underfed Champion roaming is basically even more gold for the enemy team.

If a solo lane begins to snowball, the game immediately becomes harder for the entire team, especially a Top/Mid because they tend to hit their stride around 9-13, and can nearly wipe out a team's healthbar on their own for their carry to clean up.

Then who would you send top to counter them? Unless you send someone with crazy escapes and CC's to try and farm at the turret, top lane will continue to snowball even harder. The best solution, since you can't even farm at your turret, is not to play passively and allow him to freefarm while you rot—stop rotting and play for map control and turrets. He's going to get 6-7 CS per wave and begin hitting your turret whether you're there or not, so don't give him another ~180+ gold for another of your deaths, too.