League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 33

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Strange Lag Spikes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=264573)

KaptainKrunch 09-25-2010 08:58 PM

Strange Lag Spikes

1 Attachment(s)
Since the last patch this happens in about half the games I join. My latency doesnt go up and I can still actually move and attack and cast mostly normally, but the animations for attacking and casting do not show for me or other heroes. When it finally syncs up my character moves back to where I was when the lag started then moves back to where I was at when it synced back up. Also anything that dies during this lag doesnt fall dead until the sync. This bug makes team battles quite difficult without seeing enemy attacks and spells...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=665OXhBDf1c

Edit: added DxDiag attachement

KaptainKrunch 09-25-2010 09:11 PM

Also I can not see units that enter sight that weren't there before the lag started.

Ak47 09-25-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptainKrunch (Hozzászólás 3107532)
Since the last patch this happens in about half the games I join. My latency doesnt go up and I can still actually move and attack and cast mostly normally, but the animations for attacking and casting do not show for me or other heroes. When it finally syncs up my character moves back to where I was when the lag started then moves back to where I was at when it synced back up. Also anything that dies during this lag doesnt fall dead until the sync. This bug makes team battles quite difficult without seeing enemy attacks and spells...

welcome to league of legends.

KaptainKrunch 09-26-2010 09:19 AM

I've been playin since beta and this is the first game breaking bug I have had.

Kittles 09-26-2010 02:06 PM

I have been having the exact same thing. Please riot, we need a response.

KaptainKrunch 09-26-2010 04:52 PM

Reinstalled and had 3 normal games now I got another bugged one. Reconnecting and restarting LoL doesn't help either.

Svartfal 09-26-2010 07:24 PM

This sounds like the FPS/memory leak problem many of us have been experiencing since the MF patch.

Your frames probably dropped to under 10 during these "lag spikes". If you open Task Manager you'll probably also find lolclient.exe is consuming most of your processor resources and it's memory useage gradually increases the longer you play.

You can find quite a few threads on it here, under different names because the lag/FPS drops cause plenty of other strange behaviours. For example, I died once with Anivia's egg up - egg didn't activate, and didn't go on CD either.

I dunno which of these is the most crucial, but my current workaround is:

- shut down all non-essential tasks using task manager
- turn down in-game graphics
- set lolclient.exe to "low" priority (open task manager, right click on task, select priority)
- set lolclient.exe to use only one CPU (open task manager, right click on task, select affinity)
- I restart LoL after a few games, as Lolclient's memory useage climbs from 90MB to 200+ MB in that time.

I used to have my FPS run between 6-14 before taking these steps., now it's 14-24. (used to be 40-60 pre-MF patch)

Hope this helps, and really hope riot fixes this soon.

KaptainKrunch 09-27-2010 10:41 AM

Thanks for the great reply Svartfal, but this is not the issue. During most of these spikes my FPS is sailing fine at 60 FPS. Sometimes it drops down to 20 or so. This issue is more a syncing problem of some type. Last game I played I had some neutral creeps attacking me from across the map for the second half of the game since my client never realized that they died, so on my screen they were just attacking me over and over.

Svartfal 09-27-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptainKrunch (Hozzászólás 3130807)
Last game I played I had some neutral creeps attacking me from across the map for the second half of the game since my client never realized that they died, so on my screen they were just attacking me over and over.

I'm sure that was very frustrating for you... but it's frickin funny to read!

I hope they get this ironed out soon. At this point I care far less about new champions than I do about Quality of Service issues with the existing game.

Kittles 09-27-2010 01:58 PM

Shameless bump. Paying customer getting ready to quit unplayable game.