League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Having problems currently when I lane againt a Rengar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2644074)

AwesomeGuy09 10-05-2012 10:25 AM

Having problems currently when I lane againt a Rengar

Any ideas my fellow summoners?
His general combo as it stands, takes out half of the champions hp.
I have tried building a lot of armor. I start out the game with 65~ armor with cloth armor, 45~ magic resist. He proceeds, and pretends my armor was never there.... :(
--He has a very strong lane presence
--Post 6 he is impossible to gank
--His ult makes him way to mobile, able to gank mid in a matter of second(its like having a free ghost at hand on a lower cooldown)
--His ult is a insta stealth compared to lets say twitch, where his stealth has the potential of being delayed by a lot.
--His sustain is better than most champs
For a top lane he is very hard to counter....
I have i friends who seems to go godlike often, hates Rengar's guts.

asamu 10-05-2012 10:42 AM

Sit back If you stay far away from the bushes, he can't kill you. You will need to sacrifice farm, but he will likely push the lane, so you should be able to farm sufficiently under the turret.

Dumaraz 10-05-2012 10:46 AM

First thing first, who are you using in that solo-lane versus, Rengar?

Dark Kuno 10-05-2012 11:34 AM

Specific counters will depend on what you are playing solo top

but general advice

1. Stay away from brush if you see him go into it. Ward said brush if necessary so that if nothing else you will know when he's maneuvering to dive on you.

2. Don't be afraid to sacrifice a little farm if it means you don't die. He'll end up pushing the lane and then you can farm at the safety of your tower. This should also provide ganking opportunities if he chooses to stick around and overextend. If not be sure to call out MIA's to prevent him from being successful at a roam kill.

3. Build some early armor. If your champ has an armor item as part of their normal build may be beneficial to rush that item a little earlier than usual. If not 1-2 Doran's shields should be enough to allow you to stabilize the lane.

Semiwestern 10-05-2012 12:16 PM

I have made several posts about how op rengar is. I think he is in need of ners, but until that happens, Im wondering if Irelia might be the best counter against him. Let him push the lane and then farm under tower. You should be fine like this I would think.

Thy Father 10-05-2012 12:26 PM

its his double q that is so strong they need to tone down the burst on his empowered q atleast at early levels

Dumaraz 10-05-2012 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=Semiwestern;29915333]I have made several posts about how op rengar is. I think he is in need of ners, but until that happens, Im wondering if Irelia might be the best counter against him.QUOTE]

Well, he has been nerfed--- but in need of another nerf... Hmm, i don't know...

Anyhow, this works:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Semiwestern (Hozzászólás 29915333)
Let him push the lane and then farm under tower. You should be fine like this I would think.

If you're a squishy champ without hard cc, you should not engage rengar, especially under circumstances A) near brush, duh B) until at least lv3, (so that you have at least all of your skills, he will too, but his Q spam from brush is his ONLY burst, his early game auto-attk sucks.)

Thing is people, Rengar is EASY to counter, if not armor by armor alone, then don't engage him near brush, but engage when he's trying to last-hit away from brush where, guess what, he has NO BURST or good dmg, outside the damn brush (especially pre-lv6.)

Irelia, smart ranged dps, olaf, jax, wukong, xin zhao, and so many others can rape this wolf at rouhgly lv2, or lv3, provided that they won't stupidly let rengar get an OPEN full-fury Q on them.

CerealBoxOfDoom 10-05-2012 02:43 PM

oh he said something about toplane? didnt read but the answer is always irelia.

AwesomeGuy09 10-07-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom (Hozzászólás 29919847)
oh he said something about toplane? didnt read but the answer is always irelia.

Irelia is a shadow of her previous self.

TeamAaron 10-07-2012 11:45 PM

I've noticed you have to sacrifice a bit of early game, but once you get armor
you should be strong enough to prevent him from easily building up to 5 stacks of fury