League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Lets Talk about GA!! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2643860)

ma514 10-05-2012 09:01 AM

Lets Talk about GA!!

Guardian Angel...why is it so umpopular... Just want to understand, what you guys think of its utility/stats vs cost effectiveness...

I sometimes get in on tanks...

Imagine a 5 team revive..also carrying GAs...!

IronAegis 10-05-2012 09:33 AM

For the cost I think there are better items out there? Also you won't get too many revives in any given Dom game. Since you also have no control over when it is triggered, it is easy to get caught, killed, and then immediately killed again, which removes any advantage you would have had.

I haven't given it much thought, just throwing that out there.

Runieux 10-05-2012 09:39 AM

It's a great item if you're smart.

Kiddalee 10-05-2012 09:49 AM

You get the most use out of it if you are a turtly, sustainy, tanky person. Then it might actually take time for you to die the second time.

A single hat 10-05-2012 10:48 AM

You don't get to push the advantage you get from having it as much. In SR play, when you revive with GA and win the teamfight, you get a couple turrets and probably an inhib and maybe baron. In dominion, you get maybe one point. You could argue that it is still worth it, but I think we can agree that the unique passive isn't worth as much in dominion. I could see it being a situational last item pickup (I'm thinking of being botlane and buying so late in the game that losing the point will lose the game)

Kiddalee 10-05-2012 11:22 AM

GA is like Thornmail for me. The passive looks nice, but it lacks the mix of stats I need so I can't fit it in. Besides, GA doesn't give you a free Giant's Belt, unlike Revive. No, I don't think the GA revive health counts functionally as a Giant's Belt, because the enemy has cooled down and repositioned to kill you by the time you get back up, and then that's all the health you have rather than being on top of your full health....

Sauron 10-05-2012 12:03 PM

It is stronger the fewer amount of people that are in a teamfight. It is overpowered on TT, balanced on SR, and underpowered on Dominion.

Argodis 10-05-2012 12:18 PM

I only buy it on hyper carries when there is about 1-2mins left to play in the game. Ex: The situations where the enemy has to choose to cap or help their ally kill you again, otherwise you're going to kill them one by one.

Once the guardian angel effect is gone, I immediately sell it if the game hasn't ended yet.

Warrrrax 10-05-2012 12:48 PM

It is about cost-effectiveness.
It costs 2600 gold and provides only 1600g of stats.
68 armor (worth 95ish gold and easily obtained from many many sources)
38 MR (worth 650ish gold)

So you pay 1000 gold for the Rez effect. In SR, you hopefully don't die all that often. When you rez, there is at least a chance you will be able to limp back to base and deny the feeding to them.

But in Dominion you kick the bucket all teh time and escaping is highly unlikely after rezzing. With the loong long cooldown inbetween, it just doesn't seem worth the extra 1k gold for the ability.
A giants belt would likely do about as much (for the 1k proc cost) for you survival wise and it works every time. And/or find more efficient armor/MR items.

Kiddalee 10-05-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrrrax (Hozzászólás 29916189)
It is about cost-effectiveness.
It costs 2600 gold and provides only 1600g of stats.
68 armor (worth 95ish gold and easily obtained from many many sources)
38 MR (worth 650ish gold)

So you pay 1000 gold for the Rez effect.

I concur. Unless it will be a short time until GA will result in a really helpful delay, you're walking around gimped. It seems like a clutch buy, so it isn't nearly as worth the gold loss. As a note, it sells back for 1820 at a 780 loss. I can't think of anyone who can use that 1820g in a pinch, who could afford to forego 2600 for the GA in the first place.