League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Has anyone done well with Twisted Fate? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2643639)

lonewanderer118 10-05-2012 06:56 AM

Has anyone done well with Twisted Fate?

With the visual upgrade coming up, I've been thinking about trying out TF since I haven't played him at all. But I've never really seen him do well, never really seen him become a threat.

Is he just really bad, or have I never seen a good Twisted Fate?

BigDaddyRelish 10-05-2012 07:04 AM

He's always been a hard to use champ.

I feel like he COULD work in the right hands, he has a nice long range poke that freaking hurts, a stun on a short cd (if you are good at getting gold cards at least), and his ult is invaluable, especially with Revive. You can theoretically get back into a fight instantly.

But I haven't seen much of any TF's on SR or Dom outside of high level streams for SR. But I think before he will catch on in Dom, he is going to need a high level player to really show what he can do. He won't be accepted until then since he doesn't have any kind of mobility outside of his ult, and his burst is.... kinda mediocre in comparison to other bursters that are really valued right now.

MMKH 10-05-2012 07:05 AM

I've won one game where I went AP top in solo queue. Wild Cards do amazing poke damage and are quite spammable. He is also a good ganker of bottom lane with his stun and global TP.

Darkotas 10-05-2012 07:20 AM

I've played him a few times in my very few Dom games. My level isn't very good, but he's great top if you get some starting AP. Bot lane he tends to either push hard early and get tower if it's a mage type or sit at tower and eventually get dived if it's a bruiser. He tends not to 1v1 very well in close quarters.

FOODFOOD 10-05-2012 07:47 AM

I've done it a few times with moderate success. You definitely need to itemize for some good CDR.

Problem with him is that Rabadons/Lich Bane is so important on him, but it's crazy hard to build that in Dominion.

Kiddalee 10-05-2012 08:41 AM

Never done it, but yes I've seen it. Don't forget to select Yellow before porting in on a straggler, or he might recover by eating you.

konfetarius 10-05-2012 09:13 AM

His damage too low for Dominion -_-

Runieux 10-05-2012 09:18 AM

Personally I hate playing as him, and I hate playing against him. He's just a really blah character to me.

IronAegis 10-05-2012 09:26 AM

I've always wanted to do well with him, as I like his abilities and his story, but I haven't made it happen. I play solo blind a lot and, unfortunately, sometimes that means getting left out to dry. People see twisted fate and know he can't get away, so they'll dive at your face a lot. If none of your teammates are there to stop them, it can make for a rough game very quickly.

brownbruiser 10-05-2012 09:54 AM

he can be strong in the right hands. if you cant pull the card you want 90% of the time or more on the first rotation you are probably better off playing another champ since his burst is rather low and you are super squish