League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Elo hell!!!!!! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2637836)

Zean 10-04-2012 04:06 AM

Elo hell!!!!!!

I usually wake up early so I can play one game of league because most times all day after school I'm with my girlfriend, so I'm finally in a game champion selection and I cant stand these damn trolls. I'm in rank and I call adc, everyone else calls there positions but this guy is the first position of everyone, so he thinks he can just pick whatever he wants, so he picks Caitlyn. The problem with this is I don't want to play a **** game, and especially loose because of some dick. So I'm forced to dodge, now the most retarded part about any of this, because of that one troll. Who would have made the next game hell I have to wait 30 minutes. For "saving" my team from a terrible game. I really don't think this is fair and needs to be fixed.

(And no I cant play support, (Which was the position I would have to had gone) I have tried many times to play it but its just something I cannot do, I can play Jungle,Top,Mid and Adc perfectly.)

Lvl 5 Magikarp 10-04-2012 04:57 AM

In my opinion if you say that you can play all roles but support perfectly you shouldn't be in elo hell. If anything take an ap carry bot lane buy wards and some ap, and use a ap carry type (I.E. fiddle) as a support. Someone who can still build ap and support. But in my opinion you are in the elo you belong in. If you were meant to be 1300+ then you would be. I jump between 990-1020, which isn't that good but I know that I belong there, and I have to work to get myself out.

t0ad5 10-04-2012 07:17 AM

If you want to play only a specific thing, play blind pick.

Draft is for when you want to build a team.

Ranked means you need to be more flexible to win. You need to be able to play all roles and have more than one char per each role.

"Calling" something does not entitle you to anything. It informs your team what you would like to play, but the availablility of said role is dependant on the wishes of those who pick before you.

Unless you were last pick and it was the only thing left, you aren't requried to play support (but you should know how). This might piss off others (someone else called mid, top, jungle)... but, they need to get over it too. Children throwing fits are a big problem in this game, I know. Maybe someone else would have dodged if they didn't want to play support.

I'll restate for justice:
"Calling" something does not entitle you to anything. It informs your team what you would like to play, but the availablility of said role is dependant on the wishes of those who pick before you.

And add:
If you call something, and you don't get to play it (sad face). Try to be a big boy about it and win with what you have availble to play. Else, as the OP did, dodge.

Zean 10-04-2012 08:26 AM

It's not even that it's just everytime ill be carrying top and them my bottom lane will totally screw it up and ill try to help but they feed, its not that I'm supposed to be in there because I completly disagreee with that because I know a lot of my friends who are amazing players and they can't get out of elo hell because of the trolls, bad players, and people who simply don't know how to cooperate. Yes I understand that I should learn how to play support but its not somthing that interests me, when I'm support and my team is doing crappy it feels as if I'm helpess, sure I can heal, stun, create plays. But if my adc doesn't even know how to focus, or my tank doesn't know how to engage what am I useful for? I know some of you will say "support is the most important" but is it really? If your team is useless you're useless, if your team is usefull then you're usefull. I've played more games where I help my team get ahead by for example being a jungler, I pull with skarner and let my adc kill him so its evend out, most people just care about the kills in the game and not the team oriented part of it, it is a TEAM game

t0ad5 10-04-2012 08:41 AM

Sure, you are right. Tons of baddies and trolls. Easy to be held back by this. It is really sad and often boring. It is terrible. I agree.

I could have sworn your OP was about not getting to play what you wanted to, and you can't play a support role. Maybe I need more coffee, or you subject jumped. I'll say again, if you can't play all of the roles with more than one char then you shouldnt be in ranked.

I think most people would actually agree that support has (arguably) the least impact. If your team is derp, then you are screwed. And the likelyness that your team will be derp is pretty high from what I have experienced.

Quote:

I can heal, stun, create plays
And most importantly, ward ("everyone" else on your team should use wards too). Map awareness wins games. No map awareness is the sign of a bad support, and you will probably lose. I would say this is one of the most important things about supports, map control. This itself can easily make or break the game for your team.

Then again, if they are derp... well...

You can try to avoid supporting, but eventually, as you saw today, it will come down to supporting or not playing, sorry.

Zean 10-04-2012 09:24 AM

That's true, thankyou for taking your time to reply! :)

Crustededge 10-04-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0ad5 (Hozzászólás 29869815)
I think most people would actually agree that support has (arguably) the least impact. If your team is derp, then you are screwed. And the likelyness that your team will be derp is pretty high from what I have experienced.

Completely and utterly disagree. When you play a support like Sona or Nunu or alistar or blitzcrank you are a 100% game changer.

I have seen that playing support and being good at it is one of your best ways out of ELO hell. If you can carry hard from a support role you are going places. Most the time I will play Nunu if its a champ like vayne or someone who relies on fast attacks. If i want to dominate mid to late game Ill go sona and just wreck team fights with my ult, heals and slows.

Support if played right is the backbone of a team and almost on par with the tank imho.

t0ad5 10-04-2012 10:40 AM

I think people refer to carries as carries because they carry. And support because they support the carries...

I'm not the only one with that opinion.

I don't disagree with you, per say, hence the inserted "arguably". A good support is obvious, and, yes, they can really go a long way to winning the game for the team.

It seems illogical to say that supporting is a good way to get out of elo hell.
Assuming you define elo hell as a place full of baddies and trolls holding one back.
Because that would mean that you are supporting baddies and trolls.

*shrug*

It is your crossword puzzle. Whatever works for you.

Xordan 10-04-2012 10:41 AM

Ok I didn't see this post when put mine up. I kind of have the same complaint except instead of blaming the guy who has first pick I blame the people who aren't flexible in their roles and auto-lock whatever champ they want without thinking about the team. If you can't play all roles, play normal please. Not ranked.

mistmann 10-04-2012 10:42 AM

there was a lot to read in there but i have a solution!!!!

dont play ranked till u can fill all roles,

second, when u spamm ur role before bans thats retarted.

third! summon rules 1 and 4 say in a nut shell, pick order is pick order, u fill the role not taken if ur at teh bottom

*^* edit *^*

re-read what u wrote, not trying to be hateful, but its hard to take you serious when your conjunction sentance is cut "The problem is especially loose because of some dick." i dont want to know about what u do at night