League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Solo top champions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2637248)

carry4u 10-03-2012 09:08 PM

Solo top champions

what are some good solo top champions to learn?

i main ADC but i decided to learn solo top as well. i have jax and olaf.
im looking to buy more champions that are good solo tops~

Maleric 10-04-2012 06:25 AM

I would say look at some of the more tankier top options since you have two of the more dmg oriented ones already. Possibly Cho'Gath or Yorick?

Natsl 10-04-2012 07:38 AM

I would learn J4, Patheon, and Yorick. I get good result using them and they are easy to farm + harass with.

iDpark 10-04-2012 10:11 AM

Anyone who is harder to counter.
Cho gath -> Sustain
Jarvan, - > Safe farm, long range poke
Kennen -> long range harass
Vladimir -> Great sustain, Escape ability, easier to farm with
Pantheon -> Great poke and burst during laning, falls off a bit, but then you just build tanky.
Olaf -> Gank = ult = no kill for jungler. Good sustain and lane bully.
urgot + yorick -> deny the other person farm, and make then useless till very late game.
Malphite -> Harass + deny farm + Awesome teamfighting ability.

There are many more.

Zombiemaster 10-05-2012 12:41 AM

There are quite a few solo top champs out there. Jayce and Irelia are arguably the best solo top champs atm because they just have so much in their kits.
Jayce has a great early game with a ranged poke and his E in hammer form knocks you away from him while decent burst damage as well as having a gap-closer with a slow and a good speed boost. The only thing Jayce doesn't have is sustain, and he falls of somewhat late game.
Irelia has somewhat of a weak early game, but once she reaches level 6 she can be very scary, especially in late game. She has a gap-closer, a slow/stun, and great sustain. She doesn't have great burst damage, but she has amazing sustain damage with the true damage from her W.

Other great solo top champs are Shen, due to his great sustain and his split-pushing ability with his ult, Rumble, who is a mean bully in lane with great sustain damage and an amazing ult for teamfights, and Wukong, who doesn't have a great early game but has IMO the best teamfight ability out of any of the solo top champs: an ult that can knock up an entire team while dealing crazy amounts of damage. Seriously, at max rank his ult does 200+120% of his AD each second for 4 seconds, totaling a max of 800+480% of his AD. That's crazy!

ThaWiseWolf 10-05-2012 12:48 AM

Irelia, Kennen, Lee Sin, Nidalee, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Wukong, Vladimir

Those cover counters basically. If it doesn't... **** it, add Jayce to the list.

상자상자상자 10-05-2012 03:08 AM

If I were you, I'd learn Riven, Irelia, Kennen, Jayce, Shen, and Rumble.

BEST NOT SUPP NA 10-05-2012 03:16 AM

Rengar

ValeAltair 11-06-2012 01:40 AM

Cant forget the monkey king!!!

Raidarc 11-06-2012 05:50 AM

If you can master Riven top, you won't be disappointed..