League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   i'll tell you my goal for season 3 you tell me if its possible (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2636901)

BattleBootyRiven 10-03-2012 07:05 PM

i'll tell you my goal for season 3 you tell me if its possible

I play Riven and Fiora and Jayce I wanna get gold or silver with them is that possible?

Pizza on a Bun 10-03-2012 07:07 PM

Seems legit.

BattleBootyRiven 10-03-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkJugg24 (Hozzászólás 29856972)
Seems legit.

Thanks I just started in july I havent played too many ranked games.. but Im pretty decent with jayce riven fiora and fizz.. :/

SSj Heimerdinger 10-03-2012 08:24 PM

No you're bad and you should feel bad. The thumb rule is to know how to play 5 champions that aren't commonly banned really well, one for each lane(support,jungle is included as a lane) and then another 5 champions that you are okay with or really good incase the pick they chose counters you and finally get familiar with all your champions so you can counter pick.

Timammoth 10-03-2012 09:25 PM

so your still rather new to the game - alot of gold and silver players have played dota and or played this game since beta so don't expect to magically play through ranked as soon as you get to lvl 30 and expect to be 1700 elo + . Because realistically its not going to happen. But if i was you i would set an amount of normal wins before you start playing ranked games. ie 800 wins would be a good amount. After 800 wins you should be skilled enough to do good in ranked and have enuf runes, champions- general knowledge of the game. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Having 4-5 go to champs is always good - but you can't go wrong with trying new champs and finding more champs that you are instantly good with. i have seen alot of people make the mistake of playing ranked after 200 normal wins. And they usally slump to around 900 elo. After you slump to this you have to go through the pain of carrying urself out of elo hell.

Bunnymo chan 10-03-2012 09:35 PM

We need support, k riven support.
we need mid, k, new meta riven mid.
we need top, k, dodge

Azure Tears 10-03-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timammoth (Hozzászólás 29860561)
so your still rather new to the game - alot of gold and silver players have played dota and or played this game since beta so don't expect to magically play through ranked as soon as you get to lvl 30 and expect to be 1700 elo + . Because realistically its not going to happen. But if i was you i would set an amount of normal wins before you start playing ranked games. ie 800 wins would be a good amount. After 800 wins you should be skilled enough to do good in ranked and have enuf runes, champions- general knowledge of the game. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Having 4-5 go to champs is always good - but you can't go wrong with trying new champs and finding more champs that you are instantly good with. i have seen alot of people make the mistake of playing ranked after 200 normal wins. And they usally slump to around 900 elo. After you slump to this you have to go through the pain of carrying urself out of elo hell.

Meh im relatively new and im in 1700s elo.. so.. meh
dota 9 years > LoL whole life
also i feel like 400 games is enough to know a lot about this game (95%~100% of the game)

Quick Rawr 10-03-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spam1111111111 (Hozzászólás 29860810)
We need support, k riven support.
we need mid, k, new meta riven mid.
we need top, k, dodge

Riven mid isn't new meta. She's a counter caster and does well against a lot of champs.

SSj Heimerdinger 10-03-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick Rawr (Hozzászólás 29861837)
Riven mid isn't new meta. She's a counter caster and does well against a lot of champs.

cool story bro, Let's see you say that against any caster except for katarina/diana.

Danish Vikingz 10-04-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liHDlGinzo (Hozzászólás 29861896)
cool story bro, Let's see you say that against any caster except for katarina/diana.

If you don't take his words for it or mine, let me refer you..

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...en-build-guide

This dude is a 2,1 elo player which has played countless Riven mid games.
Look at the bottom of the guide.

Riven works a bit like Eve mid, she can gank both top and mid, so even if she doesn't get kills in her own lane, she can quickly get to another lane and gank.

Riven also got a strong shield and 4 dashes, so she can farm and get away from skillshots, plus when she hits 6, she can many times take the squishy from 100-0 if their flash is not up.

Therefore Riven is in many cases perfectly viable mid..