League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Top Laners, who to get? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2635941)

MlgProIndian 10-03-2012 03:45 PM

Top Laners, who to get?

I mainly play top lane with melee champs. Can someone list all their main top laners, regardless of ranged or melee.
Btw, who's a good ad carry to get? I'm leaning towards Ezreal cuz he's fun to play :D

TeknoWizard 10-03-2012 04:07 PM

Strong top laners at the moment: Jayce, Rengar, Yorick, Shen, Olaf, Jax and Malphite. There are others, but I feel these are some of the strongest, Irelia is also good.

AD Carrys: Graves, Corki, Ezreal and Ashe. Also, Sivir is the best AD Carry ever, and I'm willing to argue that.

Black Voltage 10-03-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MlgProIndian (Hozzászólás 29848270)
I mainly play top lane with melee champs. Can someone list all their main top laners, regardless of ranged or melee.
Btw, who's a good ad carry to get? I'm leaning towards Ezreal cuz he's fun to play :D

Best top is really hard to decide because it's the most skill oriented lane, for begginers I would say Olaf, his damage and ultimate help A LOT. Best ad carry would probably be, Kog for tanky teams and Sivir/Ezreal for hard cc enemy teams. Ashe if you're team needs the CC and Corki if you're team needs extra vision or for pesky Evelynns.

Crow024 10-03-2012 04:38 PM

For fun I'd say Jayce. His kit is a blast to run through.

For murder: Xin. He gets fed and is absurd

MlgProIndian 10-03-2012 04:53 PM

Jayce is ridiculously OP. I have Kha'Zix so getting Rengar wouldn't make much sense. It's just that i'm kinda getting bored of this game cuz of the same map and sometimes the boring slow games. I might get Ezreal because of his damage and snipes :D

Kapadons 10-03-2012 06:25 PM

AD = Graves
Top = Yorick

Jordan Black 10-04-2012 05:48 AM

Some of the best Top Laners have key qualities such as : not dependent on mana / energy or high sustain and an escape in their abilities kit.

something to consider

Anna Sachae 10-04-2012 04:35 PM

Sustain is key in top. It's one of the reasons why Yorick and Irelia are such dominant picks: you can't dislodge them from lane without extreme resource expenditure (like blowing Ignite without a kill, or jungle camping). These two champions are extremely good at HP sustain.

Top laners basically have to be able to exist without the support of their team. Sustain, escapes, extreme tankiness, lack of limited resources like mana...champions who fill those criteria are really good tops.

Irelia, Malphite, Yorick, Jax, Rumble. Situationally Shyvana, Riven, and Olaf all work out. Darius is far too easy to counter hard. Teemo against specific champions.

Darkassault 10-04-2012 06:24 PM

I just started Garen top. My last 4 games I have won top lane giving my team a pretty big advantage. Its usually an easy win. The hardest challenge i've had so far was Cho. Just do to his tankiness and his regen from creep killing made it difficult. I start with Dorans shield for the extra armor and regen. Usually try to stay in lane long enough to get an avarice blade and boots on the first trip back. Been successful so far. Then I'll build a zeal. After that i usually go with the two daggers that make into the armor pen item (don't remember the name) and finish Youmuus. After that trinity force. Your damage items should be done. Build armor/MR after that depending on whos fed/farmed.

Raidoes 10-04-2012 06:35 PM

Best ADC I would pick Vayne