League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Honor system :) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2635221)

mnun 10-03-2012 10:55 AM

Honor system :)

Ok so, ever since the honor system was implemented games have been vastly improved for me, but a suggestion of what i thought would be cool to do with the points is.....
"With a certain ammount of points a summoner can replace one free week champion with another if their choice
Sounds good right? Any criticism?

Malkontent69 10-03-2012 10:59 AM

Personally, I think it needs to stay as a simple recognition system, without rewards. As soon as you introduce rewards people are going to try to figure out ways to abuse it. As it is, it's just a nice indicator of a person's commitment tot he community and basic civility.

t0ad5 10-03-2012 11:09 AM

I don't think a small, temporary, ip boost would be bad after so many honor points.
(just throwing it out there)

Because, who cares if someone abuses to gain a little bit more ip? It doesn't affect anything as far as I can tell? They can buy more runes? I don't know, but I can buy like 6 new champions and don't really care to. Not sure what abusing something like a small ip boost that would really harm anyone.

Sounds like it is can be hard to abuse and easy to catch, from what I read.

Anyway, i actually thumbs up'd the guy above me, so it is whatever, this just came to mind.

Naween 10-03-2012 11:20 AM

eh a small ip boost would be ok, if there were no flaws and it couldnt be abused so people could just get their friends to honor them

t0ad5 10-03-2012 11:37 AM

The way I read it, it would not be impossible to abuse, but that it would have an effect similar to diminishing returns.

I guess someone could keep creating accounts and keep giving themselves full honor, but this could happen without any reward... just not sure some ip boost to those who really 'deserve' it is really important vs those who abuse the system for it.

I don't care, honestly. Was just an idea for it to mean "something"

Malkontent69 10-03-2012 11:41 AM

I guess a small boost, say 5 per point or so, wouldn't really hurt anything. It just seems to me that people should (in a perfect world, at least) be trying to earn honor for the sake of honor, not because it has rewards attached to it. Maybe I'm being naive there.

mnun 10-03-2012 11:42 AM

We went from free week to ip boosts... wat

t0ad5 10-03-2012 11:43 AM

Same topic. Different idea. Wow. Mind blowing, I know.

Public forums, go figure.

Fiveofswords 10-03-2012 11:45 AM

i tihnk the honor system was a work of genius! for some reason people actually care now and i get much less greifing in games...all the rude people is one reason why i quit enjoying lol about a year ago, but i recently came back and just when i couldnt stand the people anymore this honor system started and suddenly everyone is very decent.

MaxTea 10-03-2012 12:00 PM

honor for the moment, and thats it. if your game is good and ur good and there good spread honor.... if not dont .... its up 2 u