League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Does anyone really give a rat's behind about this ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2634755)

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426 10-03-2012 04:23 AM

Does anyone really give a rat's behind about this ?

Sorry if I come off as a little mean, but yea, nobody cares about dominion, at least not in the competitive sense. Nobody will ever balance champions around dominion, nobody will ever design champions with Dominion in mind, the playerbase will STILL treat this as free for all team deathmatch, and it will still have an incredibly limited viable champion pool with all of the good stuff made pointless by passive gold gain and health relics. Snowball champions still dominate, support is still useless, and people still afk 1 every 2 games since this mode doesn't count towards the bannable offense list. The scoring system is still unbalanced with some things worth significantly more than others, and the scoring system still encourages the Leeroy Jenkins, balls to the wall , all in approach, as opposed to planning and thinking.

Stop acting like tryhards, and just enjoy the mode as casual, mindless fun. It's all it is, and all that was ever made to be. In a year this will be twisted treeline 2.0, enjoy it now while it lasts.

TCWA Tigerbite 10-03-2012 05:02 AM

I'm guessing you've never participated in Dominate Dominion tournaments?

NamKim 10-03-2012 05:27 AM

This thread is now about dogs.

FDru 10-03-2012 05:38 AM

I disagree with your assessment of "how Dominion is", but it's definitely not popular. It's already "Twisted Treeline 2.0" with approximately half of its participation level.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426 10-03-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NamKim (Hozzászólás 29835494)

You b*itch!

(See what I did there?)

DaRatmastah 10-03-2012 05:57 AM

The words of a person who has never actually participated in a high-level competitive dominion match(or even watched one, perhaps). Don't worry about it, we think and move faster than most Summoner's Rift players, so it's easy for the uninitiated to see it as random teamfight deathmatches. Once you grow beyond this, you might get good enough to rise out of ELO hell =)

BeefJerkyHunter 10-03-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NamKim (Hozzászólás 29835494)

I'm the #1 Nasus player (self-proclaimed).

Kiddalee 10-03-2012 07:14 AM

What are you talking about? Support has been the most useful class since day 1. The viable champion pool is bigger here; it's the bannables that are too obvious. The "good stuff" in a game is not farming. Snowballing is rare, and you didn't complain about the spawn-timers? The Tribunal works on all game modes, even customs. You must be terrible not to have passed the prime-hours AFK bracket in a year; as I recall, there is one in all modes, but here it does not cause prolonged torture.

5/10 - worth a read

Infirc 10-03-2012 08:06 AM

Of course we care we like tactical fighting games, Dominion is one, we care and that's why we beg, the ones that don't care are the ones that just give up, follow the cattle and demand nothing, you wanna be cattlle? okay, but dont try to drag any of us into that because be damn sure we won't follow .

IronAegis 10-03-2012 11:33 AM

If there was no Dominion, I certainly wouldn't be here anymore. Every time I go back to SR it feels like grinding out minion kills while the rest of the team yells at each other. No thank you.