League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Do not play Inhouse custom games instead honor draft. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2634537)

Messerschimdt 10-03-2012 12:55 AM

Do not play Inhouse custom games instead honor draft.

Playing in-house games is fun and entertaining but with the advent of the honor system I cannot honor my fellow dominion players who excel in the areas of friendliness, helpfulness, teamwork and being honorable opponents in custom games. I can not receive honor points and the future rewards of the honor system.

I propose the idea of setting up in-house games in a chat channel called “dominiondraft” then queue them in draft at the same time (calling chat bans can be done here.)

If there is a disparity between player skill, “I don’t want to play with this guy, he sucks,” I suggest appointing team captains who can call heads or tails when a third party flips a coin to determine first pick for players; if you do not have a coin laying around, a random number generator works just as well (www.random.org).

The only problem I can think of is that this system is queuing against 5 random players instead of the appointed teams but matchmaking should place a priority of queuing a premade team against a premade team and as most people know, dominion draft is like a barren desert--no one is there (I’m typing this while still in queue for the past hour.) If happens it should be a quick game because most of the time its SR players that accidentally queue in the wrong type of draft.

I hope this will be an alternative incentive instead of RP on dominion draft day, where we can have draft every day. Plus Riot stated there will be future rewards for the honor system, as a bonus you get honor points and more IP for playing draft than playing a custom game.

Any thoughts on this idea would be helpful.

mtnduman 10-03-2012 01:20 AM

I under stand what you want. It sounds all good and well, but you have to understand that the system would be meaningless if you could join a game with freinds just to have them all honor everyone. This would boost honor levels and the system would not work.

EDIT: 4 bade ingrish?

Kiddalee 10-03-2012 06:59 AM

Here's an idea: play regular Draft. Fill the queue. Give people a reason to play it. Honor is not as important as you seem to think. I'm not gonna feel bad because I didn't get any compliments in a game.

deathTOeXistenZ 10-03-2012 07:23 AM

I think this is a pretty well worded idea you have Messerchimdt. My suggestion would be to have riot allow us to honor people in custom games. I am sure there is some reason they excluded customs but I can't think of a reason. I suppose they assume people might be able to abuse the honor system in custom games, but they say that they have ways to detect that. This way the proving grounds doesn't get shafted out of the honor system either.

AlphaFerric 10-05-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathTOeXistenZ (Hozzászólás 29837326)
My suggestion would be to have riot allow us to honor people in custom games. I am sure there is some reason they excluded customs but I can't think of a reason.

I think they instated the honor system to promote good manners and sportsmanlike conduct in queues which isn't really an issue in customs (from my experience at least). I'd be willing to be a lot more people soloqueue then duo which is why the system (kind of) works for those play modes.

Honestly, I'd rather just see people draft queue. People tend to communicate more (and in less *******y ways) there. It makes it a lot easier to justify actually honoring someone, and you're probably more likely to get honorable opponent stuff from not playing jayce/kass/etc. while being good mannered. It would be great to see what would happen if they just disabled blind queue for responses in terms of communication/amount of BM in a match/honor distribution post game.