League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kha'Zix- What am I doing wrong? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2634292)

n00boxular 10-02-2012 10:32 PM

Kha'Zix- What am I doing wrong?

So I've played a few games as Kha and unless it's dominion, I have lost every game. Now this is not a 'gg roit khazix up champ' thread UNLESS everyone's tips fail me. I just want to ask what I'm doing wrong.

I'll be highlighting 2 games I've played with him.

Game 1: Started out normally enough, but top and bot pushed lanes to the point that enemy was turret hugging. Spent levels 3-6 trying to lane gank top and bot but to no avail. Top actually counter-picked himself by picking darius against a jax, Whenever I wanted to gank mid, he was either too low, or backing off. Their mid hits level 6 and boom 4/0/0 ahri and my vlad is blaming me. As expected, because I couldn't gank, I fall behind in levels and then get melted in teamfights.

Game 2: Started out normally except that when I went to get my red, it was taken and so were my wraiths. Ok, nvm, I'll gank top. I go top and see that malph is at half health against a cho with a quarter of his mana left, I position my self to go behind cho so I go to his tribush and wait 10 secs to make sure malph's cool downs are back up. When I go in, he does nothing and I have to fall back. "Why did you ping again?" he says, I look bot and see yorick support pushing bot lane and the enemy kennen too far behind in his lane to gank. In the end ez is whining about me not ganking even tho bot lane was warded in the brushes as well and I fall behind in levels and get melted in teamfights.

TL;DR: Team doesn't lemme gank, I fall behind in levels and get melthed in teamfights.

I build him as : Boots 3pots> wriggles> phage/HoG> brutaliser/hex drinker and surrender.

What am I doing wrong, should I play more games to see if I get a better team?

Siky 10-03-2012 12:54 AM

Try this out, I've been experimenting with a defensive tanky build for KZ and honestly, my last 3 games were better than I've had going for me trying to play him AD Assassin from the jungle.

Runes: AD Red, AD Quints, Armor Yellows, MR per level Blues.
Masteries: 21/9/0

Boots + 3HP > Madred's Razor > Brutalizer > finish Wriggles > GA

From there, build according to the enemy's defenses. Heavy AD teams with 1 AP, build Frozen Mallet into Atma's. Evenly spread team, Glacial Shroud > Force of Nature > finish Frozen Heart.

Skill build: Q, E > gank > W, max R > W > Q > E
Evolution build: (1) W, (2) E if the enemy is highly mobile or playing really safe, Q if they aren't, (3) the other, you don't really need to evolve R since you are so tanky already.

Honestly, I had reservations trying something different because I seemed to snowball really hard with KZ whenever I play a more AD centric build as I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do damage... I was wrong.

Evolved W is stupid. Expect that if you gank an enemy that they know you're coming and that they are going to try to juke flash you hard. With the normal build, if you don't kill them before you flash, chances are you won't kill them. You do very similar damage at the start with this build up close, the difference is you deal very different amounts of damage far away. My last 3 games with this build I won 2 and lost 1, the loss was a stomp, but I did very well in all the games without being shy at all.

Ganking: Wolves, Blue > Gank, check to see if they are going to leave or stay, if they stay, loop back around and do it again. Continue jungling until you get your smite back up and you're level 3 so you can do Red safely. Check lanes to gank. There is no absolute rule to ganking, you must have the experience and feel for when you can or can't gank successfully or when to wait. I would say get used to this gank pattern: E, Q, pause to see if they flash, if they don't after 1 second, W. Chase them down with autos, W if you can finish or force them to back.

As a rule however, if you can save your E, save it. It's the key to everything, living, dying, getting that kill or not. If you master when and how to use his leap, that's pretty much 75% of KZ imo.

Also, don't forget to buy wards and Oracles. Nothing scarier than a tanky assassin that you can't stealth against and you can't ward against either that constantly ganks you all day. If anything, save your Oracles for if you're doing really well or when you are or am about to get GA.

t3hep1cf47m4n 10-03-2012 05:02 PM

ITT:

my team sucks therefore i'm doing it wrong.

if your teammates don't know how to set someone up, then they are the ones that need to learn to play.

Quote:

and wait 10 secs to make sure malph's cool downs are back up. When I go in, he does nothing and I have to fall back. "Why did you ping again?" he says,
- say beforehand that you are coming to gank to let them know not to blow everything.

- when you ping, it means it is go time, not to sit somewhere and wank leaving your teammate to wonder when you're going to do something.

n00boxular 10-03-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hep1cf47m4n (Hozzászólás 29852885)
ITT:

my team sucks therefore i'm doing it wrong.

if your teammates don't know how to set someone up, then they are the ones that need to learn to play.

- say beforehand that you are coming to gank to let them know not to blow everything.

- when you ping, it means it is go time, not to sit somewhere and wank leaving your teammate to wonder when you're going to do something.

I always say that I'm coming to gank and I did ping, he wasn't paying attention.

Anyways, you were right, it wasn't that I was doing something wrong, it was that my teams were ****.
Kha'Zix's jungle is a bit **** but apart from that his top lane is not bad. Played top lane and since I didn't fall behind in levels I was doing so much better in teamfights. Im still gonna play a few more games but I think he needs the new items coming up in s3, why they released an ad caster right now beats me.

They should make his Q on-hit and I think that should help his lane better.

Viriki12 10-03-2012 05:57 PM

Well, IMO you are building him for the wrong power. I build him for pure Attack Damage and almost no durability except for The Bloodthirster.
My full build is: Sword of the Occult, Boots of Lucidity, The Bloodthirster, The Brutalizer (later upgraded to Youmuu's Ghostblade), Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge.
As for ability upgrades, I use points in the order of Q,E,W and R whenever it comes up.
For your first evolution point, always get Enlarged Claws. This increase damage to isolated targets, melee range and damage of Taste Their Fear. Next get Leap evolved, and finish off with your ultra.
Early in the game, if you can't get kills, go for assists. Both kills and assists stacks your Sword of the Occult getting you more AD.
Mid game and on: After you upgrade and evolve Taste Their Fear and Leap, Just jungle and look for gank opportunities. Once you have you Sword of the Occult fully stacked and Boots of Lucidity and Phantom Dancer, you have 484 movement speed or so.
Late game: With evolved leap, it refreshes on a kill or assist. Turret Diving cam become quite effective. If somebody retreats to their turret and starts to recall and they have somewhat low health, you can leap in, get the kill and leap out with only a few turret hits.
Tips: Stack Sword of the Occult and Bloodthirster as much as you can. You will notice a great increase in AD. Once The Bloodthirster is fully stacked, go kill a few minions if you are low on health.

Hope this helps you! Once you have Kha'zix into a good game, you can ruin peoples days.

-Viriki12

Viriki12 10-03-2012 05:58 PM

Well, IMO you are building him for the wrong power. I build him for pure Attack Damage and almost no durability except for The Bloodthirster.
My full build is: Sword of the Occult, Boots of Lucidity, The Bloodthirster, The Brutalizer (later upgraded to Youmuu's Ghostblade), Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge.

As for ability upgrades, I use points in the order of Q,E,W and R whenever it comes up.
For your first evolution point, always get Enlarged Claws. This increase damage to isolated targets, melee range and damage of Taste Their Fear. Next get Leap evolved, and finish off with your ultra.

Early in the game, if you can't get kills, go for assists. Both kills and assists stacks your Sword of the Occult getting you more AD.

Mid game and on: After you upgrade and evolve Taste Their Fear and Leap, Just jungle and look for gank opportunities. Once you have you Sword of the Occult fully stacked and Boots of Lucidity and Phantom Dancer, you have 484 movement speed or so.

Late game: With evolved leap, it refreshes on a kill or assist. Turret Diving cam become quite effective. If somebody retreats to their turret and starts to recall and they have somewhat low health, you can leap in, get the kill and leap out with only a few turret hits.

Tips: Stack Sword of the Occult and Bloodthirster as much as you can. You will notice a great increase in AD. Once The Bloodthirster is fully stacked, go kill a few minions if you are low on health.

Hope this helps you! Once you have Kha'zix into a good game, you can ruin peoples days.

-Viriki12

Viriki12 10-03-2012 06:04 PM

Sorry for the double post guys but I forgot to add something: Summoner Spells!
If you are jungling, I recommend Smite and Heal/Clarity. If you are just playing normally, you should probably use Ignite/Teleport and Clarity.

-Viriki12