League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What is Rengar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2633129)

Kitty Kitsune 10-02-2012 04:28 PM

What is Rengar

Is he like Rammus where he's a mutant and completely unique?
His lore seems to imply that there are others of his kind, however it doesn't state if his race even has a name.
Since there is no bestiary for League I thought I'd check around here to see people's thoughts.
Also should I start a listing of all creatures in Valoran, with the communities help?

Kitty Kitsune 10-02-2012 04:33 PM

Bump

Lewpaka 10-02-2012 09:17 PM

There was an explosion about this topic back when Rengar was released. I hate to break it to you, but most people don't really care any more.

It was an interesting thing to think about, but in the context of the League, not very relevant. Think about how many faaar stranger beings in the league there are. A tangible nightmare, and incarnation of flame, gods of ice, extradimensional beings, etc. All of these make a lion-man seem not so irregular any more.

If you have any cool insights about him though, please do post them. I'm sure the community would be receptive to theories, but I don't think they really want to spend much time thinking about Rengar's origins right now.

lastcenturion 10-03-2012 03:05 AM

****ing *******s that don't care about lore.
short awnser,he is a charr

Vongeo 10-03-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewpaka (Hozzászólás 29828773)
There was an explosion about this topic back when Rengar was released. I hate to break it to you, but most people don't really care any more.

It was an interesting thing to think about, but in the context of the League, not very relevant. Think about how many faaar stranger beings in the league there are. A tangible nightmare, and incarnation of flame, gods of ice, extradimensional beings, etc. All of these make a lion-man seem not so irregular any more.

If you have any cool insights about him though, please do post them. I'm sure the community would be receptive to theories, but I don't think they really want to spend much time thinking about Rengar's origins right now.

Yea, but all of those are clearly defined. It says nothing of what Rengar is like Voli or Alistar He is a man without a species.

Edit: Clearly defined wasn't the best phrase for nocturne and some others, but the lore at least speculates into what they are. It doesn't give Rengar anything really.

Jorfen 10-03-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty Kitsune (Hozzászólás 29820721)
Is he like Rammus where he's a mutant and completely unique?
His lore seems to imply that there are others of his kind, however it doesn't state if his race even has a name.
Since there is no bestiary for League I thought I'd check around here to see people's thoughts.
Also should I start a listing of all creatures in Valoran, with the communities help?

Hes Simba during his meth addiction.

PhoenixSlayer13 10-03-2012 09:38 AM

I would say a leonin. It'd be nice if Riot actually said something about it though. I like to know what the thing is that I'm playing.

MoonWarriors 11-18-2012 04:08 AM

Actually, he's a lion. A white lion (Yes White Lions exist)

Typhron 11-18-2012 07:26 AM

Apparently he and Nidalee are the same species (through means of magical osmosis)? Both hailing from the Kumungu Jungle?.

So, cat people. or Leonin.

KazuShini 11-18-2012 07:40 AM

He's probably from Kumungu Jungles where there is a tribe of beings similar to him. Been doing research, and we have to consider the magic in the Rune Wars affect much of the natural world in Valoran. Think like Nidalee's family of cougar but empowered by magic.