League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Death Time on TT (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2632601)

KesslerCOIL 10-02-2012 01:54 PM

Death Time on TT

Anyone else feel its too punishing?
If you get 1 kill in the mid late game, you can push and kill an entire lane before they respawn.
I have had a large number of cases where my team is far behind, we get a kill and push to win in that 1min time frame.
Ive had cases in the reverse where my team is in a huge lead by at least 5k gold and they get a kill and we cant do ****.

Pigpug 10-02-2012 02:00 PM

I actually think it is appropriate and may even need to be longer at early levels. With the distance the fountain is to the lanes/action it sort of minimizes the penalty.

KesslerCOIL 10-02-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigpug (Hozzászólás 29816563)
I actually think it is appropriate and may even need to be longer at early levels. With the distance the fountain is to the lanes/action it sort of minimizes the penalty.

Im talking more about the late game, where you can have a 1min death.
1 minute is a ton of time for the enemy team to push to your Nexus, i know that this happens on SR but not to the same extent, 2v3 and 4v5 are not the same.
I seriously had a match as Morgana, i had was ahead of their team by at least 2 complete items. They focus'd me down and pushed for the win. We had Lee Sin and Jayce... and lost because of one death.

Best BeatwiferNA 10-02-2012 02:05 PM

tt is supposed to be a shorter game type. makes sense that late game you're punished for not having won already

xkhazixmaster18 10-02-2012 03:44 PM

Since it's supposed to be a fast paced game mode, a shorter death timer would really help "speed things up" early/mid game. It's only late game that I can see long death timers being valuable.

Generally, I think TT should have shorter death timers for the first 30 minutes of the game than SR and a steadily increasing death timer which would outscale the SR death timer after the 45 minute mark.

This would allow for faster games as well as be an effective counter against turtling.

Luego 10-03-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xasifx (Hozzászólás 29819447)
Since it's supposed to be a fast paced game mode, a shorter death timer would really help "speed things up" early/mid game. It's only late game that I can see long death timers being valuable.

Generally, I think TT should have shorter death timers for the first 30 minutes of the game than SR and a steadily increasing death timer which would outscale the SR death timer after the 45 minute mark.

This would allow for faster games as well as be an effective counter against turtling.

How does that counter turtling? I would think it encourages turtling. Turtling's not really a problem in the early/mid (<30) as you're farming up and becoming unstoppable. It's only later (30-1h) that turtling lets the other team "catch up" and get rid of your advantage.

If there's long (or even longer) late-game deathtimers, the losing team is encouraged to play as passively as possible, turtle near the nexus, and hope to pick up just one lucky kill. They then counterpush.

It's enough of an issue right now, without further scaling it up.