League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Why I think we will never get our ranked Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2630481)

Thorthedark 10-01-2012 06:17 PM

Why I think we will never get our ranked Dominion

Riot doesn't care about it at all.
It's hardly shown in the spotlights anymore.
Riot has said they won't make ranked soon because not enough people play Dom, even though I know a huge amount of people that don't play BECAUSE there is no ranked.
And since Riot thinks people won't play it, they won't host tournaments for it, and it won't make them the money they want.
We can all agree Riot is a lot more money driven than they used to be.

It's the vicious circle.

People don't play because there is no ranked. Riot doesn't make ranked because people don't play.

And it makes me sad. I main dominion. I find it a lot more fun, and not being stuck for 40 minutes with either trolls, leavers or just baddies is much nicer to have 20.

I think ranked would fix a lot of our problems.
People testing new champs in Dom and not caring "because it's dom".
People would actually learn HOW to play dom rather than just go kill crazy and lose games because they dont take objectives.
More people would play.
It wouldn't be seen as a joke.

A single hat 10-01-2012 06:24 PM

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.

Phourc 10-01-2012 06:37 PM

^ I lol'd.

DaRatmastah 10-01-2012 07:50 PM

Riot's actually done a fantastic job of supporting us, lately, and I'm excited for the prospects of the season 3 item overhaul and what it'll mean for Dom.

WaterD103 10-01-2012 11:18 PM

really do you need links to know that there after a year there isn't ranked dominion (meaning they do not care).
They even claiming that they do not support it properly.

Quote:

Riot has said they won't make ranked soon because not enough people play Dom,
Do you also need the link to the part when they claim that's a problem?

To be honest you may need those links, but anyone that wander forums enough already saw it. In any case what you believe its not that relevant. Sadly people that defend riot blindlessly help riot to have this attitude.

Quote:

Riot's actually done a fantastic job of supporting us
This is most likely the one that needs evidence, because there isn't a single evidence of support.

FDru 10-02-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaRatmastah (Hozzászólás 29798520)
Riot's actually done a fantastic job of supporting us, lately

How? By dumping every thread with the word "Dominion" in it into our forum without a second thought? By giving our queue dodge penalties back after seven months of begging? By more promises of "Soon™" and "we haven't forgotten about you, for realz ;)"?

P.S. you're on crack if you think people don't play Dom cause there's no ranked.

DiscworldDeath 10-02-2012 12:30 AM

Some people don't play Dominion because there is no ranked. I know some people who stopped playing it when LoLmatches stopped tracking Elo, not in an act of defiance, but because seeing their progress is important to them.

Anecdotal evidence, for sure, but these people do exist.

WaterD103 10-02-2012 12:38 AM

90% people I ask why they do not play dominion they tell me "not ranked".

Nyx87 10-02-2012 05:52 AM

Riot featured DominateDominion's stream and then re-featured it for the tourney. They do care and have shown it, but i think they are just waiting until season 3 to make sweeping changes to the game overall.

Phourc 10-02-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyx87 (Hozzászólás 29806774)
Riot featured DominateDominion's stream and then re-featured it for the tourney. They do care and have shown it, but i think they are just waiting until season 3 to make sweeping changes to the game overall.

This.

Also in a stunning display of not-forum-douchiness they moved Feedski's Dominion AMA thread BACK to GD.

With season 2 almost over it'd be ridiculous to expect ranked dominion to roll out for the last month, but I don't see why we shouldn't get both ranked and some item changes in S3...

Cause, you know, they're supposedly redoing all the items anyway,so it'd be pretty silly to re-redo them a month later.