League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Amumu build? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2630173)

123DANIN123 10-01-2012 04:44 PM

Amumu build?

i neeed a buid for amu that is tanky but has ability power so his spells have effect , i prefer armor when i buid tanky. please help

Snake XT 10-01-2012 04:50 PM

I usually follow the guide on mobafire but sometimes the match requires situational items. overall you are a tank and looking for kills shouldn't be a priority.

sunfire cape should be your obvious choice
frozen heart
rylai's crystal sceptor

to name a few.

Nalydyn 10-01-2012 04:51 PM

glacial shroud, RoA, merc treads, FoN, Aegis of the legion, and if you really want AP, Rabadons. Id suggest getting another tanky item though, Amumu's AP ratios got nerfed hard and AP mumu isnt as good anymore. Abyssal Scepter is really good on Mumu, I'd suggest grabbing it mid game if you need some damage.

VanillaCrunch 10-01-2012 06:39 PM

Tanky AP is the way to go!

Helter Kremlin 10-01-2012 07:24 PM

Here's how you build Amumu. You pick someone else. lol jk

Hmmm, I'm thinking FoN for MR. Frozen Heart for armor. Rylai's for some health. Sorcerer's boots for magic pen. RoA for extra mana, health and ap, and a deathcap for punishing power or you could end with a guardian angel.
Of course, I have never played Amumu, so this is all based off of me watching teammates and how enemies use him.

Pls Katarina 10-01-2012 07:25 PM

i build him with archangels so he has mana and ap and i give him a sunfire cape to get tanky and i get rod of ages for ap and hp and i buy rabadons for ap

123DANIN123 10-07-2012 12:38 PM

NINJA TABI
WARMOG
CRYSTAL SCEPTER
THORNMAIL
UNHOLY GRAIL AND
LICHBANE
you make sure you get warmog early because his passive is you will get health for every kill you get minions ,monsters, and champs . so when you get the mog ealy you have more health later

Mich567 10-07-2012 01:21 PM

Ah, perfect. This is how I always played him... (sometimes in 5s, sometimes in 3s).
1. You start out with Armor and 5 health pots, run 9/21/0 masteries, taking AP and the normal tank stuff. I usually run exhaust clarity... Exhaust is completely necessary, clarity can be substituted maybe with heal or something.
2. Mercury's or Ninja Tabi, depending on enemy team comp.
3. Aegis of the Legion!!!! Super Cheap for it's epicness, and the passive can support in groups.
4. I generally get Frozen Heart, you can also get MR... AP is coming up soon.
5. Now, I take Rylai's, and then Sunfire Cape for farm potential that is quite good with the w+ Sunfire Cape passive.
6. Last item is situational... Warmog's? Possibly. RoA? Sure! You don't have to get Sunfire Cape, you can sell the Aegis, you can get Banshee's for annoying casters, FoA (Usually not), or Thornmail, the ultimate counter to AD. Guardian Angel works too...
I use this build to lane... I've never really jungled with him, partly because I play in 3s 60-70% of the time. Obviously, he is GOLD in team fights... q in, then ult, all while W is on, spamming the cr*p out of EEEEEEEEE. I'm quite experienced with Amumu, probably got about 50 matches or so with him under my belt (that's probably not A LOT, but it's definitely enough to trust my advice... I do pretty well with him too). Early game, when you duo lane, you ult to secure easy kills, don't be too aggressive, but keep in mind that you can generally 1v2 when waiting for help with your ult up because of your tankiness and damage output (I generally do... and they both end up running. Then you can Q again, and/or exhaust for the kill when help comes). Turret diving is fine at later levels.

Zamiel The Grey 10-07-2012 03:00 PM

Sunfire (armor + hp + passive)
Abyssal Scept (mr + ap + mrPen aura)
Frozen Heart (dat CDR + armor + mana)
Force of Nature (mr + regen + speed)
Rylai's (slow from aoe + bigger slow from spells + hp + ap)

This and boots is usually what I end up with unless enemy is stacked more one way or the other. AP teams warrant more health items like warmogs since mr gear doesnt go hand in hand with amumu and dont give much (banshee veil best with 50mr). If they are all ad I like to throw thornmail in instead of force of nature ;)