League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Time to popularize another champion! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2630169)

BeefJerkyHunter 10-01-2012 04:42 PM

Time to popularize another champion!

Though I know I have like zero influence on this community, I think I've done well to spread the glory of Nasus in Dominion - though I hardly ever see anyone else use Nasus.

Anyway, I would like to figure out Kennen for the bottom lane in particular. I know that AD Kennen has been attempted and has miserably failed (which it should) and that I believe those who play AD Kennen are either massive trolls or just idiots. On the flipside of things, I've noticed that pure AP Kennen doesn't seem to garner that much success. Then I don't really want to think of some odd hybrid build which may actually work out alright.

What I think really needs to be reviewed is how Kennen is currently being played vs. how he should be being played. The breakdown of his abilities and when they are appropriate to use, etc.
This is how I was able to launch Nasus as one of my most successful champions on Dominion. I revamped the SR playstyle of Nasus that so many people have been stuck to and it paid off.

So what am I getting at here? I would like some help in figuring out ways to improve the gameplay of Kennen. Why? Because I can't even afford Kennen. So it's theory-crafting time! Please do post interesting methods and builds and we may be able to make something amusing.

Infirc 10-01-2012 04:51 PM

Bottom Kennen Needs to run ignite just to deal with soome guys, viable but giving up Garrison for ignite (because giving up Revive for bot lane is a no no) is something that seriously hurt the little buddy.

inFe eD 10-01-2012 06:04 PM

AD Kennen is flat out better than AP Kennen on Dominion.

MMKH 10-01-2012 06:14 PM

I've actually tried DPS Kennen and won a few times. But he needs support like Alistar who can protect him and chain CCs.

larkhill 10-01-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMKH (Hozzászólás 29795883)
I've actually tried DPS Kennen and won a few times. But he needs support like Alistar who can protect him and chain CCs.

thats a bit unfair. any champ can do well if u protect them with chain cc's,

SlasherBag 10-01-2012 07:53 PM

I'd try something similar to http://leaguecraft.com/lnk/5Am. Max CDR, pretty tanky, magic pen. At least as a start. If his damage output is just too low, swap something for dfg?

MyDeadGrandma 10-01-2012 08:30 PM

The problem with kennen, AP at least is:
-He's an 'ulti to make or break a teamfight' hero (needs max cdr)
-He's an energy hero, meaning prioritizing CDR only gets you so far because he's still restricted to exactly how much he can do at once.

SlasherBag 10-01-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma (Hozzászólás 29799590)
-He's an energy hero, meaning prioritizing CDR only gets you so far because he's still restricted to exactly how much he can do at once.

I've never seen the results of this, but do you, or anyone else, know if energy regen runes aid this at all?

Edit: So with 9 energy regen/lvl seals you can double his energy regen to 20/second. Lets say for whatever reason you intiate with e, w, and r, and hit them at the same time (worst case scenario), at max level that is 165 energy, and would take ~3 seconds to get enough back to e again (at max cdr this has a 3.6s cd, so you could use it on cooldown in this combo). The same CD is set for Kennen's w, so if you wanted to do more damage + add more marks, I would suggest w. If you needed to get away, use e. In either case. If you were still around 4 seconds later, you could e+w again. At max level, his storm last for 5 seconds, so you could blow your load, and while still storming, at the very end use e+w again. Not bad imo.

Edit to the Edit: those runes are E-regen per 5 sec/lvl. So that would give kennen an extra 2 energy per second. (~20% increase) not nearly enough to do what I just said.

A single hat 10-01-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFerric (Hozzászólás 29799792)
I've never seen the results of this, but do you, or anyone else, know if energy regen runes aid this at all?

Ego Ignaxio runs them on his pro kennen build

FDru 10-02-2012 08:33 AM

Thread title makes no sense. In order to "popularize another champ", you would need to have popularized one in the first place. You even acknowledge the fact that nobody plays Nasus.

But hey, good luck with Kennen... at least he sucks less than Nasus does.