League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Dankuro, the Soul of Chaos (A fourth ninja) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2628382)

Hi I Like Cats 09-30-2012 11:21 PM

Dankuro, the Soul of Chaos (A fourth ninja) (Added a sketch)

1 Attachment(s)
Update - Well, I guess since Zed and Vi were released, this character isn't as original as it was when I thought up of it.
-Passive changed to granting armor and mr instead of a temporary shield
-Removed AP scaling
-Phantom Hook is now a simple target ability instead of functioning like Fizz's ult
-Removed the counter resource system for his ult, now just requires a cooldown

Quick Summary - A melee fighter utilizing energy who's kit focuses on catching and destroying his target. Formally of the Kinkou order, he was imprisoned in a dark cell for ages for his increasing brutality and blood craze. Manifesting the darkness around him, he broke free, seeking revenge on those who locked him away before he is consumed by his own corruption.

Appearance - A Ronin Samurai utilizing a kama and wakizashi (Shorter version of a katana) which both have seperate chains at the end. The other ends of the chains are wrapped around Dankuro's respective arms.

Innate - The Darkness Within
Incoming damage materializes Dankuro's rage, increasing his armor and magic resistance by 0.7% for every 1% of health missing.

Q - Fading Sweep
Dankuro sweeps his sword with infused energy, dealing physical damage to all targets in a cone, with the power gradually decreasing until the end.

Cost: 50 Energy
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Maximum Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.6 Bonus AD)
Minimum Damage: 30/70/110/150/190 (+0.5 Bonus AD)
Range: 525
Cone Width: 60

W - Chain Swing
Dankuro swings his sword by the chain, dealing physical damage around him, units hit by the chain are slowed while units hit by the sword are hit for extra damage.

Cost: 80/75/70/65/60 Energy
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Damage: 60/90/120/150 (+0.8 Bonus AD)
Additional Damage: 10/30/50/70/90 (+0.3 Bonus AD)
Radius: 525
Chain Radius: 375
Slow: 15%/20%/25%/30%/35%

E - Phantom Hook
Dankuro throws his kama to an enemy, applying a slow that decays over 2 seconds. Dankuro is then tethered to the kama, dealing physical damage over time to the afflicted enemy and recovering energy.

Cost: 100/95/90/85/80 Energy
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Initial Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.8 Bonus AD)
Damage per second: 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.1 AD)
Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%
Energy restored per second: 10
Range: 525
Tether Range:600
Duration: 5 seconds

R - Insidious Charge
Dankuro becomes immune to crowd control as he dashes and strikes his target. For the next 30 seconds, 1/2/3 of his abilities are enhanced for one use at no energy cost.

Cooldown: 60/45/30
Dash Range: 850
Damage: 100/250/400 + (1.0 AD)

Q - Fading Sweep
The ranged is increased and all units hit (Allied and Enemy) become marked and can be passed through by Dankuro for 5 seconds.
Range: 575/625/675

W - Chain Swing
Chain swing decreases the armour of all enemies hit.
Armour Reduction: 10/20/30
Duration: 5 seconds

E - Phantom Hook
Upon the enemy breaking the tether or casting the ability again, Dankuro will pull the enemy towards him.
Maximum Pullback Distance: 200/250/300 (If Dankuro is within 200/250/300 units of his target, it will be pulled to him and not over his shoulder)[/I]

Quotes
Upon Selection
I will reclaim the decades lost.

Attacking
There will be bloodshed
Without mercy
Their days are over
My blades hunger
Death calls
I will have my revenge

Movement
Darkness, looms
Without a sound
I'm on a razor's edge
Like shadows
I will not be constricted
Time's running out

Taunt
There is no substitute for the pain I inflict
The time I've spent in darkness will not compare to the eternity that you'll spend yours

Joke
Many things may change, but the blood on my blades will always feel the same
I've only spent the last decades in a dark prison, it's underground, you've probably never heard of it

Dance
Swings his chains above his head while dancing like a cowboy (The Mony Mony segment of Evolution of Dance)

Skins
Apparition Dankuro - Ghostly with additional chains wrapped to his arms, based on the ghost of Christmas past

Riklue 10-01-2012 09:20 AM

Oh wow!? didn't expect to see that. (I'm not saying its a bad Idea)

EternalDeficit 10-07-2012 09:49 PM

All looks pretty good,what i'd make better is a full description in lore.

passive might need some more description

Q is nice in the way it affects but not sure why its in AP instead of AD

W only thing i can see wrong with this is the single target damage is too high in lower levels. standered damage in 1 lvl skills is 50-80 maybe 100 but the higher the damage the more chance the target has being able to avoid taking the damage all together. I.E. Nidalee's spear throw does very high damage from max distance but very easily dodged by aware targets.

E Same as W first 3 levels do way to much damage for a lvl 1 skill but the idea on the mechanic is indefinably necessary for melee's in a way of getting in close to a ranged target.

R Overall idea is pretty neet but the 3 counters are kinda useless being that the ability has a cool down and he will most likely have used 3 abilities before this ability comes off cool down. What i would do is give it a flat energy % reduction no cool down and have it build charges off so many # of abilities used that stack up to # points. which can be used to dash in and add additional effects but only to the extent that 2 of 3 abilities can be used in upgraded ways in a short period.

other than that everything else seem pretty legit did you like my new changes? you never did say.

Hi I Like Cats 01-31-2013 10:02 PM

bump

BeyondMyOwnLimit 01-31-2013 10:15 PM

I feel like this is a very balanced champion. His high AD scaling will put him at a point where building resistances to put his passive to a use will make it so he is not a glass cannon, however not a brick wall that hits like a truck. great idea overall!

smexylolrus 01-31-2013 10:37 PM

The damages all look fair. Maybe a bit high but it is hard to tell without base stats.
Ult reliant, but its a low cool down so that doesn't matter. He'll just be weak before 6.
Is his E a skillshot? I think it should be to have a slow that lasts that long.
His ult should ignore CC while dashing since he is reliant. A stray stun would ruin his entire play for 30-60 seconds.

With his ult he is guaranteed to destroy his target quick, and then he will have some survivability from his passive to further contribute to fights but his chances of dieing are quite high.
I like the added abilities with his ults. Otherwise you would just throw down every ability without giving a damn about combo's. This way you have to decide (atleast early) what to do

Hi I Like Cats 01-31-2013 11:03 PM

Thank you once again for your feedback!

I added the slow to his E because I also felt without his ultimate, he had little way of closing the gap and dealing damage, so I increased the slow after some research, and made it decay over 2 seconds. This should allow Dankuro to catch up, but not completely cripple the target. Because it's meant to pick a target out of a crowd in combination with the ultimate, a skill shot wouldn't work.

His ult now renders him immune to CC while he's dashing, this was something I forgot to consider. His charge however no longer knocks away enemies in the path, my reasoning for this stems from the idea that he is still a ninja, so to sneak past the frontline seems more logical than Vi's flashy entrance.

Hi I Like Cats 02-05-2013 06:50 PM

bump

SephirothWontDie 02-06-2013 02:09 PM

ok, lets have a look. seems interesting. :D

passive: oh, nice idea. olaf increases attack speed per health missing. trynd increases attack per health missing(I think that still applies). why cant you have armor per health missing? seems like a fair amount too.

q: so, if I guess this right, it take a little time for his sword to reach the end of the cone? in a 60 degree(don't know how to get the symbol for it, lol) cone? that reduces damage based on where in the cone the enemy gets hit? I think that if you want it in a cone, increase cone size just a touch. I might be missing something, if I am, clarify please.

w: ok, I see the damage, additional damage from sword, and slow values. if there a value for only one enemy being hit? it says something about if only enemy is hit, it deals more damage. only what enemy? champion? minion? 1? 2?

e: looks good, but initial damage? slow? 10 damage a second for 5 seconds? with a ratio? and energy regain? this does a lot of things. I might reduce the damage per second, cuz by itself does a decent amount of damage.

r: nice ult effect, but onto the additional effects.
I feel that instead of saying "debuffed" you could say marked. the sound of debuffing allies makes me hesitant about using this.
armor reduc? seems fine.
pullback is fine.

overall: I like the feel of this guy as a champion and as a samurai. I gave my suggestions, but remember that I am no expert. keep up the good work. :D

Hi I Like Cats 02-06-2013 02:29 PM

Thank you for your feedback.

The Q resembles Ezreal's trueshot barrage, but functions like Annie's Incinerate, instead of dealing the same damage to all targets though, units in the back take reduced damage.

I reworded W, the additional damage to a single champion was something I scrapped but forgot to remove I guess

For his E, I feel the damage is balanced as is, I've referenced many other Champions. While the ability does have alot to its name, I'm not yet sure how to alleviate this, as he would otherwise be unable to catch his target without his ultimate.

On R, I reworded debuffed to marked, thank you for spotting that!