League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Everyone is afraid of Karma (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2624155)

Slgrve 09-29-2012 02:06 PM

Everyone is afraid of Karma

As the title says, I have come to conclusion that everyone hates Karma even if she is on their team. I can't tell you how many times I have played her and my own team runs away from me like I am an enemy. I understand that they are being chased but with Mantra and shield I could of saved countless number of teammates. But instead of running to me, they run the other way and die.

WHY???

In what comprehensible human being's brain sees an ally as a foe, only wants to survive by running towards base no matter what or is just so egotistical they won't accept help?

Why are people so uneducated in this game? I am a SUPPORT champ for a reason. is that really that hard to comprehend??

Either people are afraid of Karma or are too uneducated to know her abilities. I think it is the latter as if someone was afraid of karma they would have understand it first,

Ok rant is over. My words of advice to players... learn to use and trust a support champ. If you don't, the one playing that champ will have a couple of thoughts about you... none of which are good :P

madf0x 09-29-2012 02:19 PM

Its because karma is widely considered one of, if not the worst champion in the league. They see you and go 'ugh she sucks, Ill have better luck running to the tower'.

Granted I've heard of epic karma players before, but they are not enough to sway the general opinion until she gets a remake.

Genocide Giraffe 09-29-2012 02:31 PM

This situation is very similar to the old Blitzcrank.

Once upon a time there was a champion named Blitzcrank, who was, long story short, a troll/very unpopular champion. Then one day a player named Doublelift popularized him by showing to everyone how much potential Blitzcrank has.

Atleast I think that's what happened. But the point is, Karma could become very popular champion, there just needs to be someone who can popularize her. That's all.

Slgrve 09-29-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madf0x (Hozzászólás 29736821)
Its because karma is widely considered one of, if not the worst champion in the league. They see you and go 'ugh she sucks, Ill have better luck running to the tower'.

If that is true why do I often have one of the highest damages on either team at the end of the game? Of all the games I've played lately I don't think I lost bot while laning except once when my lane partner wouldn't let me help heal them ( was Rengar and kept jumping in and out of brush and I missed heals because he jumped out of the path).

If she got reworked I think that would be great but I still like her as is. People just need to realize she can't deal much damage early but can later and can really help in fights... if people don't run away from her.

TheGrayBuffoon 09-29-2012 04:36 PM

We have a player who mains Karma and he is very effective with her. The reason being is because we know how to work with her skill set. Most people really don't understand how she works and honestly she is not easy to learn but in the right hands very effective.

Recently we had our Karma player team with our AD carry on bottom and they won bottom 4 out of five games resulting in 4 out of 5 wins. In fact our Karma player was going to try another support champ but the team convinced him otherwise. :) Her shield is phenomenal.

The thing is as support we have found she is most effective with early AP rather than building the standardized, homogenized meta support build.

OneSixthIrish 09-29-2012 04:53 PM

As a budding karma player,I would be very sad to see her reworked.

TheGrayBuffoon 09-29-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSixthIrish (Hozzászólás 29740173)
As a budding karma player,I would be very sad to see her reworked.

Fully agree. And so does the Karma player I mentioned in my previous response.

Kreyta 09-29-2012 06:45 PM

Funny thing is that Karma is actually a very strong champion, just one that does not fit well into the meta today. She is a support that needs farm in order to be succesful. She also really needs a team to be built around her unique kit in order to be useful in teamfights. Lets hope they dont completely ruin her in the remake.

Fiveofswords 09-29-2012 10:21 PM

karma does a lot of damage to minions

the real idea behind a support champ...is that they have good enough cc/utility that they dont need money to function well. Karma needs money...which she would be takign instead of someoen else, potentially.