League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Competitive Events (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AVOID ZEEKS at all costs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2623645)

Kcrâsh 09-29-2012 10:31 AM

AVOID ZEEKS at all costs

Very poorly ran, very poorly done.

This week and the past few months they have not given out prizes due to not turning in the proper paper work.

My team and quite a few others tried to check in but the website was down, after talking to several admins they told us there was nothing they could do.

After hopping into their IRC channel with several other teams, they told us "you should have checked in 30 minutes prior, and we knew nothing about the crash on our website until it was too late"

Their response about not giving out the prizes for winners previously ..... "no comment"

Here is proof about the prize give aways, feel free to talk to the teams about it and they will tell you the same.

http://www.z33k.com/groups/lol-weekly

BringinBackBacon 09-29-2012 10:36 AM

1) You didn't provide any proof behind this.
2) You linked to something general and not even the direct tournament
3) You can't even address the site properly in your title
4) The admins were asking for people to report issues before the tournament started
5) It states that you must be checked in before the brackets go live, if you don't you won't be able to get in. You tried to get in after brackets went live.
6) You contacted a caster instead of an admin, that's your fault.

z33k tournaments might not be the best but they are by no means the worst, you are just mad that you messed up and are acting insanely childish.

IS1d90f5d5e2b68e 09-29-2012 10:42 AM

As the rules state you need to be online and checked-in, check-in was open until the start time, which has been posted a week in advance. We had 2 admins IRC and the in-game channel answering questions 30 min before the event.

The website did lag when the tournament was starting because I had to manually reset the bracket, but that was explained on both the chats. 36 teams who came prepared did make it in and are playing right now: http://www.z33k.com/games/league-of-...v5-23/brackets

There was no mention of a prize complaint, or any attempt to contact an official admin until after the start time. I think one of the players in the tournament who overheard your complaining summarized this best: "So you're mad because you chose the last second to try to get in on a tournament instead of checking in within the first 45 minutes, makes sense."

I am sorry that you had a bad experience. If you are interested in helping improve competitive gaming in a very direct way in league of legends please consider applying to become a tournament administrator: jobs@z33k.com

Kcrâsh 09-29-2012 10:44 AM

We tried to contact a admin, none responded. We tried to get in previously before the brackets went live, your website went down 10 minutes before the check in so how are we supposed to check in?
You want proof I will talk to other teams and ask them to post here about your website going down as well, I am sure even the teams who did manage to get in will post about it as well as I know a few of them.

1) The proof is me talking about it and others as well. With also the link showing that at the bottom you guys have not given out the prizes as well.
2) The link is directly linked to the tournament showing how inconsistent you guys are about running your tournament.
3) I do not care about addressing your **** site correctly lol
4) No, several of you even posted in chat about how you did not even know about the website being down until after the brackets were up.
5) We tried to get in before the brackets went live, but was not able to since your website was down.
6) Of course I contacted a caster since, the admins would not respond in game..

Z33ks is by far the worse, I can see why the tournament has fallen off since you guys are seriously lack luster in doing it right. Also calling names is always real mature as well lol, just because you do not like the truth does not mean it isn't true.

There is no way in hell I would ever try to help a place that refuses to help and listen to the people who tried to play in it. You guys make lame excuses and lie about it afterwards. LOL I am also putting in a support ticket to make sure Riot knows about this as well to make sure Z33ks does not get anything in the future from them as well.

IS1d90f5d5e2b68e 09-29-2012 10:47 AM

Get a grip, this was all logged on IRC. Note the time stamps, and that 11:00 was the start time.

[11:12] <@Z33K|Lux> Bracket is up, GL HF EVERYONE and sorry for the delay http://www.z33k.com/games/league-of-...v5-23/brackets
[11:13] <@Z33K|Lux> please find your opponents and being your match
[11:14] * Kcr_ (webchat@c-50-135-5-92.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #z33k
[11:14] <Kcr_> hey website has been down since like 1048
[11:15] <Kcr_> i had another 2 miniutes to join and now i cant...wtf is thedeal?
[11:15] <@Z33K|Lux> brackets are here: http://www.z33k.com/games/league-of-...v5-23/brackets
[11:15] <Kcr_> i dont give a flying **** about the brackets
[11:15] <@Z33K|Lux> Kcr_: registration and check-in are done, please be sure to check-in at least 30 min before the event starts
[11:15] <Kcr_> the fact is i wanted to check in and i couldnt
[11:16] <Kcr_> i have until 1050 to check in
[11:16] <Kcr_> and i couldnt
[11:16] <@Z33K|Lux> You were not asking for help in this channel, or in-game
[11:16] <Kcr_> the website has been down
[11:16] <@Z33K|Lux> Don't wait until the last second

Snackattack 09-29-2012 10:55 AM

I checked in via zeeks chat (or tried to get my team checked in but was ignored) I was on Kcrash's team subbing this week. If you'd like the chat log where I say "My team is here can I check in?" I was unable to check in on the website when I was logged in to the account on our teams roster I told the admins this and nothing happened even though I asked to be checked in.

His point was that the prizing was super inconsistent.

So you want him to say "z33ks" instead of zeek? which is how you actually say the name? Own3d.tv, do you say "(Own) - (three-D)?" (On this one I actually do, but its supposed to be owned tv but its not a point of criticism.

4) The admins were asking for people to report issues before the tournament started

I did, I was on his team and they did nothing on the matter.

5) It states that you must be checked in before the brackets go live, if you don't you won't be able to get in. You tried to get in after brackets went live.

Again, I tried to ask them how I could check in for my team because our leader wasn't there. I couldn't check in as just a member, they didn't help me and basically told me "Please check in." to which I responded "I can't, how do I check in if I'm not the leader of my team?" That got ignored.

I contacted admins, when they didn't do anything we contacted a caster of the tournament that we knew. The admins doing nothing was why we contacted the caster, they were comfortable ignoring me but they may have been a little less able to ignore the caster.

At the end of the day here is what we're saying... There was a major problem with one persons net, he was here before the brackets were up, you guys are acting incredibly defensive and suggesting there was major fault on our end. Our leader was back before the brackets were even up / official and we wern't able to check in even though I said "Our leader will be back before the tournament is up." Nobody helped me out in chat. In a perfect world I would have been able to check our team in even though our leader was gone, but that didn't happen. Admins didn't care about the problem really...

We arn't trying to say "**** you zeeks." This is just a form of accountability, we think that admins should have been watching chat and dealing with problems when people brought them up. In the end I dont think there was any real motivation for zeeks admins to actually care about the problems just because they had back-up teams so "who really cares if the team whos been signed up for a while isn't playing, we'll still have enough teams to fill the brackets."

Its 100% fair on a larger scale and for an organization to ignore a group of players because it probably isn't time efficient to spend even 5 minutes helping one team when you have 12 more that want to take their spot. I disagree with kcrash on one point, you don't have to avoid this tournament... So long as you go in understanding that there is inconsistent prizing, and the admins aren't going to try to help you out or work with you, i'm sure you'll have a great time.

Snackattack 09-29-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdFletcher (Hozzászólás 29732194)
Get a grip, this was all logged on IRC. Note the time stamps, and that 11:00 was the start time.

So where was the part where at 10:30 I was contacting admins in the ingame chat explaining that kcrash wasn't there and that I couldn't check in as a member of the team but I needed our team to be checked in? Kcrash was there before the tournament was started (final brackets were actually out at about 11:08 by the way, and first brackets wern't out until 11:05 then they were re-done for some added teams) and I was unable to check in on the z33k website and then admins didn't help me out even though I tried to get help in chat.

BringinBackBacon 09-29-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcrâsh (Hozzászólás 29732108)
We tried to contact a admin, none responded. We tried to get in previously before the brackets went live, your website went down 10 minutes before the check in so how are we supposed to check in?
You want proof I will talk to other teams and ask them to post here about your website going down as well, I am sure even the teams who did manage to get in will post about it as well as I know a few of them.

1) The proof is me talking about it and others as well. With also the link showing that at the bottom you guys have not given out the prizes as well.
2) The link is directly linked to the tournament showing how inconsistent you guys are about running your tournament.
3) I do not care about addressing your **** site correctly lol
4) No, several of you even posted in chat about how you did not even know about the website being down until after the brackets were up.
5) We tried to get in before the brackets went live, but was not able to since your website was down.
6) Of course I contacted a caster since, the admins would not respond in game..

Z33ks is by far the worse, I can see why the tournament has fallen off since you guys are seriously lack luster in doing it right. Also calling names is always real mature as well lol, just because you do not like the truth does not mean it isn't true.

There is no way in hell I would ever try to help a place that refuses to help and listen to the people who tried to play in it. You guys make lame excuses and lie about it afterwards. LOL I am also putting in a support ticket to make sure Riot knows about this as well to make sure Z33ks does not get anything in the future from them as well.

I'm not related to z33k, these aren't "my" tournaments.

You're making some pretty wild claims to the extent of predicting what other people will say when you don't represent them.

1) He said - she said is not proof.
2) The link you posted is to the group, not the tournament.
3) You should care about addressing the site correctly if you're trying to file a complaint.
4) Again, I'm not related to the site but the site only went down when the bracket went up, which means that the bracket was being generated, which means that check in was over anyways.
5) ^
6) Contacting a caster won't get you anywhere, you shouldn't have wasted time doing that.

I don't even need to bother rebutting your mature claim since you're approaching this like a child and it's blatantly apparent that you are.

In the future you should try to arrive earlier to tournaments, it will save you this hassle and the anger that you feel.

BringinBackBacon 09-29-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snackattack (Hozzászólás 29732367)

I checked in via zeeks chat (or tried to get my team checked in but was ignored) I was on Kcrash's team subbing this week. If you'd like the chat log where I say "My team is here can I check in?" I was unable to check in on the website when I was logged in to the account on our teams roster I told the admins this and nothing happened even though I asked to be checked in.

His point was that the prizing was super inconsistent.

So you want him to say "z33ks" instead of zeek? which is how you actually say the name? Own3d.tv, do you say "(Own) - (three-D)?" (On this one I actually do, but its supposed to be owned tv but its not a point of criticism.

I did, I was on his team and they did nothing on the matter.

Again, I tried to ask them how I could check in for my team because our leader wasn't there. I couldn't check in as just a member, they didn't help me and basically told me "Please check in." to which I responded "I can't, how do I check in if I'm not the leader of my team?" That got ignored.

I contacted admins, when they didn't do anything we contacted a caster of the tournament that we knew. The admins doing nothing was why we contacted the caster, they were comfortable ignoring me but they may have been a little less able to ignore the caster.

At the end of the day here is what we're saying... There was a major problem with one persons net, he was here before the brackets were up, you guys are acting incredibly defensive and suggesting there was major fault on our end. Our leader was back before the brackets were even up / official and we wern't able to check in even though I said "Our leader will be back before the tournament is up." Nobody helped me out in chat. In a perfect world I would have been able to check our team in even though our leader was gone, but that didn't happen. Admins didn't care about the problem really...

We arn't trying to say "**** you zeeks." This is just a form of accountability, we think that admins should have been watching chat and dealing with problems when people brought them up. In the end I dont think there was any real motivation for zeeks admins to actually care about the problems just because they had back-up teams so "who really cares if the team whos been signed up for a while isn't playing, we'll still have enough teams to fill the brackets."

Its 100% fair on a larger scale and for an organization to ignore a group of players because it probably isn't time efficient to spend even 5 minutes helping one team when you have 12 more that want to take their spot. I disagree with kcrash on one point, you don't have to avoid this tournament... So long as you go in understanding that there is inconsistent prizing, and the admins aren't going to try to help you out or work with you, i'm sure you'll have a great time.

Who cares if the prizing is consistent or not? This is a free tournament and it gets advertised if there is a prize or not, it's your fault if you can't check to see if the tournament has a prize or not. As for the prizing on the teams I can only recall one other time where there was an issue with prizing and it got resolved almost immediately. It was mostly on Riot's end, and understandably so as it was simply due to a major tournament elsewhere that backed up stuff at Riot.

Main points here though: Any member on the team can check a team in; as long as a single person on a team is checked in you're all considered checked in. That being said there's really no reason this situation arose except for your team being ignorant. The admins were watching chat and were asking people if there were any issues, I personally saw at least 5 issues get resolved before your team came in kicking and screaming after check in had closed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snackattack (Hozzászólás 29732441)
So where was the part where at 10:30 I was contacting admins in the ingame chat explaining that kcrash wasn't there and that I couldn't check in as a member of the team but I needed our team to be checked in? Kcrash was there before the tournament was started (final brackets were actually out at about 11:08 by the way, and first brackets wern't out until 11:05 then they were re-done for some added teams) and I was unable to check in on the z33k website and then admins didn't help me out even though I tried to get help in chat.

They weren't redone to add teams as if they were checking in late, they were simply reset using the same teams just that the first time the brackets went up there was an issue with the GUI so it wasn't showing the appropriate teams.

Once again, I'm not related to z33k, I'm just another player calling you guys on your ****, if you're going to make claims like this you best back them up with screenshots or at least some kind of proof.

Kcrâsh 09-29-2012 12:12 PM

Thanx for giving me a reason to report you asdFletcher as that is against the TOS to post chat without summoners permission wether it be in game or out. But I do like how you edited some of the text lol...so much fail