League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best champ to climb with? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2621174)

Koivu 09-28-2012 12:28 PM

Best champ to climb with?

Who are the best champs to be able to control the outcome of the game single handedly the best. I know you can't just auto win every game by being the best in the game. Every single time I play ranked my entire team is down 0/2 before the 10 minute mark, you would think since both teams are the same elo that they would be dying too, but nope.

Anyways what rolls/champs are the best to be able to overcome inability of others??

TehJackAttack 09-28-2012 12:51 PM

Veigar, Nasus, Sion all come to mind as hyper-snowballing champions which can single handedly change the outcome of a game.

This is a very difficult question, because alot of champions who have massive impact on team fights (amumu, galio, blitz, etc.) depend on their team to take advantage of their ability to catch enemies out of position and cannot single-handedly "carry" their team.

XxxLumberJackxxX 09-28-2012 03:38 PM

Yea I'm having trouble with mumu in solo queue even though I love the bugger and I'm hitting more bandages than missing these days.

Jax and Irelia can go 030 in lane and still carry late game if they know how to farm.

Magus Crow 09-28-2012 03:42 PM

Depending on how late the game goes Vayne, Kog'Maw and Poppy can all wreck things once they get enough farm on them. Its just a matter of getting to that point. Anyone that can pretty much solo the enemy team is typically hella squishy at the start.

Valrcrist 09-28-2012 03:56 PM

Your best bet isn't a late game champ, it's to play a good AP mid or jungler, and try to snowball your teammates lanes through ganks. AP Sion/AP Eve are both really good pubstompers because they can clear lane super fast and then go gank top or bot.

Sereg Anfaug 09-28-2012 04:10 PM

Your best bet is to work with your team, not blind yourself to the reality of a team based game by only being willing to play the role you think will help you win.

If your team needs a support, play support. If they need a jungle, play that. Don't insist on a solo lane or carry at the expense of someone else who either called it first or had a better pick position for it.

Do what you can to get your team working together in queue, and maybe they'll keep doing it during the game, which at low ELO is almost a guaranteed win, since the other team will very often be self-destructing from the start.

On the other hand, if you do cause conflict on champ select by insisting on a role or champion despite your teammates' desires, your team is going to be the one self destructing, and you will lose.

Dreadgoat54321 09-28-2012 05:33 PM

AD sion if you can farm safely for the first 30 minutes, becomes a total Juggernaut, but before that he kinda sucks.

Remomara 09-28-2012 05:58 PM

i need help with champs

I just lose a game and i was playing Ashe. Are there any better champs to play because thats the 5th time i lost.

lastchancexi 09-28-2012 08:35 PM

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...te&range=daily

Note: this is before the last patch.

So, let's take a look, I've been looking at these charts for a long time.

Rengar: Let's see how hard the nerfs hit him, still probably the only really op top laner. Can't fight him top.
Amumu: Press R to win. Even with his **** early game, you can just win one midgame teamfight with R and snowball. Contest and force dragons with this guy.
Evelynn: Best roamer in the game, really strong AP carry in the midgame. Roams and ganks like old TF did. DFG really strong now helps her a lot.
Ezreal: Best AD carry at every elo bracket, amazing early/mid game, has an all important re-positioning skill.
Skarner: Ult takes people out of position, amazing ganker in solo queue. Clears really fast too, very effective without items, all you need is Shurelya/Glacial Shroud/Merc Treads/HoG/Aegis/Wit's End (note, these are all cheap and really helpful).
Zyra: Best zone control for a mid, has high teamfight burst.
Taric: Best laning for any support, Dazzle-Shatter combo really good, also can sustain with a heal (very useful in low elo).
Sona: Best overall support (IMO), good harass, good sustain, aoe stun for good teamfighting, way better than taric in teamfights because she isn't melee.
Teemo: Buffs help him be a better top lane, just pokes and runs, pokes and runs. Hard to gank too.
TF: Roams like Eve. Best ult in the game, can turn a lot of situations around on a dime.

Other champs you should note:
Blitz: Probably banned, but if you're good with him, he's really good.
Rumble: Nowhere near Rengar as a top laner, but still does a lot of damage and has a great ult.
Miss Fortune: Her buffs make her ult a lot more useful in a pinch as you can output damage a lot quicker, catching people who are trying to get out or stun you to stop it. Also has overall real strong laning.
Shaco: Snowballs like hell. Best early game jungler, insane level 3 ganks. Just get level 3 and gank. Go smiteless.

I would say a lot of champions are better than Ashe right now. She doesn't have the highest of win rates, her laning is bad, and she gets dived way too easily without any repositioning skills.

Amatzikahni 09-28-2012 11:11 PM

Some basic answers:

The best champ to climb with is the champ you're best at. You'll make the best plays and fewest mistakes with that champ.

If you don't have one champ you're superior at, then any champ with a great midgame, great ganking power, and/or great team utility works well to win games for your team.

For me, Cass, Ryze, and Swain are all relatively tanky (except Cass), have high damage output coupled with good CC, and can win lanes and gank easily, so I'm around 70% winrate with each. For support, Janna can save teammates from otherwise impossible situations with Q and R, so I have the highest winrate with her over any other support even though she has no sustain against good harassers. For jungling, any tanky champ can work if he doesn't need much farm and has great ganking/teamfighting potential as long as you have game sense to know where the enemy jungler is at all times. Amumu fits this category well but is very susceptible to counterjungling. Personally, I don't jungle as well as I lane so my champ selections and winrates are scattered. As top, I prefer to counterpick my opponent because winning the lane helps get me fed and allows me to roam, so again I have scattered champions and winrates since many junglers can also go top.