League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Trolls (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2620738)

Laramis 09-28-2012 09:10 AM

Trolls

What I don't understand is how League of Legends has been running for however much amount of time, yet people can continuously troll in games over and over. How is it fair that after all places are selected some random player decides, oh yea I'm mid, even thought it's been called and selected already? This then ruins the WHOLE game as he doesn't do anything but go mid and trolls coz he didn't get what he wants as cry's like a little girl

So in my opinion get off your lazy asses and do something about it. Work out something that we can do to vote to get rid of trolls, or something that actually works, because I report trolls over and over yet see them in games 2 days later, and it isn't good enough, and frankly puts me off playing. SO FIX IT. We have been complaining about this for AGES.

Aureline 09-28-2012 09:16 AM

Is this like the episode of Archer where he yells and waves his hands to get everyone's attention for a plan, and then when everyone looks at him and expects him to talk, he's just like, "the plan is to get you guys to come up with a plan"?

Boldly, without his permission, I'm going to quote a brilliantly relevant post made by the user ChiUnit4evr, who is as well-spoken as s(he) is awesome.

Quote:

Lemme put it this way, there will always be angry people on League. That is something that I've resigned myself to. But what I do is try and be a positive force in chat and don't feed their anger even more. Take a whirl around the tribunal when you hit 20 and you'll see that a good proportion of the people who are raging in chat are doing so because other people prod them on.

Personally, I always try and be the mature one and not give in to their rage-y ways. I keep playing the game and hope they'll realize that all the time they spend typing could be better spent getting CS.
Alleviating the community of its notorious toxicity starts with you, believe it or not.

Laramis 09-28-2012 09:42 AM

Haha no offense but that was complete ****, i JUST started a game, we said kindly, no mid is currently taken by morgana, she is priority pick and called before you, so can you please choose a top role thanks. To be responded with, no I mid, auto lock fizz. Unfortunately your theory is based on the fact that people care about how you write/what you do. People like this DO NOT. SO irrelevant of what you say or write, they will be a ***** about the whole thing. Being nice and THEN being angry is only done because it makes you feel better as there is no way to change their views, believe me i have tried EVERYTHING

Aureline 09-28-2012 10:08 AM

Of course, you're going to deal with people who have the deliberate intention of causing trouble, no matter your attitude. But you returning that demeanor with something equally negative or cutting only acknowledges their behavior.

It's not a magical fix-all. I never said it is. There are indeed people who exist solely in this game to ruin the experience for other players.

It's a hot topic issue right now, how to deal with those sorts of people.

And do you really feel better after you lash out angrily at someone?

Laramis 09-28-2012 10:22 AM

But I am acknowledging there behaviour? i dont care about that,i just want them banned.

that's my point, the second we can see that, we ban em they get kicked from game and then the LoL administrators actually DEAL with it, not just us pointlessly banning.

Yes I feel a lot better actually :)

Aureline 09-28-2012 10:26 AM

Your behavior in a game affects the attitude of everyone involved by a lot, don't underestimate that.

I totally understand your frustration, and can empathize with it. The trouble is, as always, the extraordinary bulk of users and how many different worldviews there are. What someone sees as trolling or being horribly negative can, to that person, just be good-natured ribbing.

It never hurts to be nice. There's never a negative effect to staying positive and not dissolving to hurling insults in the chat at someone who isn't acting in a way you want them to.

In any case, exhibiting the same levels of rage as the person you want to report decreases your credibility, and how seriously people take you, as well.

Laramis 09-28-2012 11:05 AM

Ok JUST finished a game, started 5/0, annie decided couldn't be bothered playing with team anymore, went around with draven popping ults randomly and run around the map.

So no, i will not stop abusing until they decide to do something about this, because its ****. You can say whatever you want about being nice, and your credibility blah blah blah but in the end wankers are wankers and im sick of dealing with them.

Aureline 09-28-2012 11:08 AM

Right, but how does being rude and abusive to someone being rude and abusive help either party stop being rude and abusive? That's what I'm saying. You're only adding to the problem. You're not fixing the problem outright, of course, but you're certainly not helping to get rid of it.

Also, that seriously does sound like a terrible game. I'm truly sorry.

The Chi Unit 09-28-2012 11:12 AM

hahahahaha I appreciate the quote :) Also I'm a guy, so there ya go :P

There's a chinese saying that goes something like "Within adversity, there is opportunity"

In your case, it sounds like you were being trolled right from the start. So since the game is "a waste" to begin with, take that time to learn your champion a bit better. It doesn't ALWAYS have to be about the team win. If someone decides to troll and feed mid while you ADC, work with your support to try and lane the best you can. Sure it own't be perfect, but hey, shoot for as close to 100 CS by 10 minutes as you can. No matter how crappy the rest of the game is going, you should always have a couple of goals for yourself for your own personal development. Say you're jungling and top is feeding, take that time to practice counterjungling against their jungle. Work on perfecting your buff timing sense. Figure out where in your build you can fit wards and where best to place them to most effectively provide vision to support your team. There are always things that you personally can work on, and to throw your hands up in the air and rage is the worst thing you can do. :)

TL;DR: Always strive to better yourself through your gameplay. Don't simply give up on a game because someone troll-picked. Always have a set of goals to make yourself a better player, practice these during troll matches as well as "good" matches.

Aureline 09-28-2012 11:13 AM

^ This guy. I like him.