League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Give some IP points for wards ..so ****tards leaarn how to ward (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2617331)

leothorn 09-27-2012 09:42 AM

Give some IP points for wards ..so ****tards leaarn how to ward

If Riot wants to inculcate some good habits in players give some ip for good actions like warding / buying aoe items etc..
Jesus tired of idiots saying i wont ward

TalkDirty2MeSona 09-27-2012 09:45 AM

I do agree that, # of wards bought should be a stat reflected on the graph at the end of a match.

Hordemaster90 09-27-2012 03:50 PM

Just before surrendering, sell everything and buy tons of wards.
Yay, bonus IP!

Skilltestingman 09-27-2012 06:39 PM

I understand your anger, but this would call for some serious troll play to earn easy ip.

A only thing is to tell them to buy wards

Atacand 09-28-2012 05:11 AM

Wards = Win

If some people don't like winning, that's really their choice.

Aureline 09-28-2012 05:37 AM

This is a good idea in theory, but in practice, it would be a nightmare. Rewarding in-game behaviors like this with IP would kinda fracture the structure of things. You don't play for the end-game of getting IP (yes, that's a part of it, because yay stuff!) but you play for the end game of winning.

Also, the most major flaw, casually pointed out by someone before me:

Quote:

Just before surrendering, sell everything and buy tons of wards.
Yay, bonus IP!
Rewarding actions such as buying or placing items is not the same as rewarding actions like killing an enemy champion, or taking a tower. Those actions are necessary in an objective standpoint for winning a game - blowing up the enemy nexus. The other actions are subjective.

Again, I see where you're coming from with this, and yes, wards are important. But rewarding IP as a per-action thing to this micro-level would just .. be a nightmare.

mojib 09-28-2012 05:46 AM

If you want to encourage people to use wards..make wards free and not take up a slot. But to balance that make only a fixed regenerating quantity available. (e.g. Team combined can only purchase up to 5 wards total and the wards in shop take 3 minutes to restock)

Aureline 09-28-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojib (Hozzászólás 29702009)
If you want to encourage people to use wards..make wards free and not take up a slot. But to balance that make only a fixed regenerating quantity available. (e.g. Team combined can only purchase up to 5 wards total and the wards in shop take 3 minutes to restock)

Great thought, but I don't think that'll encourage people to ward. Your proposed balance won't really balance at all. Eliminating the price of an item and replacing it with a limit on the number of items you can have at once, with re-stock time is apples to oranges.

Time as a currency for in-game items would run out the clock because it's something that now everyone shares, as now the entire team has one set pool, of wards.

Someone could buy up the five wards and place them in a tender, loving heart shape in the base. Guess what? You have to wait three minutes, now, to un-do this mistake.

Or, let's say that five wards are used - but then a teamfight breaks out, the enemy is down one or two, and it would be a perfect time to go ward baron. You can't do that.

Additionally, three minutes meets or exceeds the time on wards in general. You'd be more rigidly bound to the timers than if someone's always running around with an extra two or three wards.

The current model, where anyone can buy wards on their own dime and place at their convenience is best.

Bunnymo chan 09-28-2012 09:47 AM

oh noes, teams losing, im adc.

*Sells items, buys 30 wards. Uses them, Buys 30 more wards. Rinse and repeat."

Malkontent69 09-28-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojib (Hozzászólás 29702009)

I think this idea has some merit, in that making wards free and not taking up item slots would encourage people to use them more, but here's another, possibly more feasible idea: What if instead of items, wards were a summoner ability, similar to recall. Make each ward last 3 minutes, with a 1:30 cooldown (not subject to CDR), so that each champion could have at most 2 wards out at any given time. This gives the team 10 wards to play with and allows you to have some in reserve if needed, but it frees you from having to buy them and keep them on you. I think a lot more people would use them and learn how to use them correctly if this were the case, and it adresses many of the issues that Aureline pointed out.