League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why is everyone so push-mid happy? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2617235)

Quick Rawr 09-27-2012 08:55 AM

Why is everyone so push-mid happy?

I don't understand why everyone feels that middle lane pushing to the inhibitor is the best ever. I can understand the 2 outer turrets, but I feel that the most important inhibitor turret and inhibitor to take is the bottom lane. It's the furthest away from baron, it allows for taking the top lane easier once super minions start to push in, it allows for a free dragon take once you back off of inhibitor.

Why always mid?

Aureline 09-27-2012 08:59 AM

Mid has the fastest rush to the goal, if you will. I can see why you're debating this, though. People like pushing mid (I think) because it's just a clean cut straight to the marrow, if you will.

TAKE ME SERIOUS 09-27-2012 09:00 AM

Mid lane moves much faster than the other lanes, since it is a shorter than than top or bot. The idea is good, but yeah, it's better to push bot so that you can do baron while they are there

Envy Sihzz 09-27-2012 09:29 AM

Mid just has more map control because it's
around everything, not to mention objective, like baron dragon and stealing jungle.

Quick Rawr 09-27-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Envy Sihzz (Hozzászólás 29674001)
Mid just has more map control because it's
around everything, not to mention objective, like baron dragon and stealing jungle.

Which is why I understand pushing to the inhib turret, but if they're turtling OR you have the chance to push an inhibitor turret off an ace or something like that, I feel that taking the bottom one is superior?

Valrcrist 09-27-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Which is why I understand pushing to the inhib turret, but if they're turtling OR you have the chance to push an inhibitor turret off an ace or something like that, I feel that taking the bottom one is superior?
Bot lane is usually going to be the farthest from an ace though. In mid-late game, most fights are either at a tower already, or else due to the baron dance. If you get an ace off of a fight by baron, then you're going to want to take baron, and then just push whatever is fastest to push, so that you can get the most advantage out of it. It's better to take an extra tower or the inhib by pushing mid lane than it is to push down one less objective in bottom lane.

If you're sieging a tower, you don't want to do it bot, because that leaves you very far away from Baron, and gives the other team the potential opportunity to 2 man sneak it.

Quick Rawr 09-27-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valrcrist (Hozzászólás 29675453)
Bot lane is usually going to be the farthest from an ace though. In mid-late game, most fights are either at a tower already, or else due to the baron dance. If you get an ace off of a fight by baron, then you're going to want to take baron, and then just push whatever is fastest to push, so that you can get the most advantage out of it. It's better to take an extra tower or the inhib by pushing mid lane than it is to push down one less objective in bottom lane.

If you're sieging a tower, you don't want to do it bot, because that leaves you very far away from Baron, and gives the other team the potential opportunity to 2 man sneak it.

If you are dancing at a turret and you allow them to "2 man sneak" a baron when you obviously have the advantage with that pressure, they deserve the baron. Also, the second one of my wards picked up a champ heading that direction (obviously their best since you need the damage output and tankiness to get baron with two), I would destroy their remaining three, take the turret and inhib, and while the other three were down I would take more turrets and hope they enjoyed the little amount of gold that they had while I had two inhibs and was about to win b/c they didn't work as a team.

mistmann 09-27-2012 12:04 PM

quick rawr, im with u bud

i had a game were mid and top left lane to gank bot < not smart

and there was 4 bot they killed adc, and were dancing with support i had jungle and top comming down from top i pinged mid tower because we could of gotten 2 towers instead they wonder around summoner rift like its a new map accomplished nothing.

then after every one yelling at me for 1 lost tower 1 lost adc they recked us cause no one would group or stay within saving range....

i say this all the time, LOL is not won on KDR, and i hate pushing mid when we need dragon or barren control

Flagrock 09-27-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick Rawr (Hozzászólás 29677104)
If you are dancing at a turret and you allow them to "2 man sneak" a baron when you obviously have the advantage with that pressure, they deserve the baron. Also, the second one of my wards picked up a champ heading that direction (obviously their best since you need the damage output and tankiness to get baron with two), I would destroy their remaining three, take the turret and inhib, and while the other three were down I would take more turrets and hope they enjoyed the little amount of gold that they had while I had two inhibs and was about to win b/c they didn't work as a team.

Any good team would be able to turtle effective enough to make you take a lot of dmg getting the turret and back off allowing you to have it without them dying. Then, when the 2 people come back with baron buff they proceed to wreck your faces off.

All you need is a tank or support-tank and the ADC for baron. That leaves the AP (usually with the best poke) a bruiser and a support or tank. If you go for the turret the AP can wreck someone and the tank and bruiser can take some punishment and still escape the engagement while protecting the AP. Mid is the most wanted turret because without mid down you cannot cross-over to top or bottom without taking turret dmg and showing the enemy where you are. It is the best lane for overall map-control and the quickest route to win the game. If you lose mid turret over a side turret you are in a much worse position.

Agent of God 09-27-2012 01:08 PM

the hypotenuse is shorter than the two legs combined