[CCFC Kit Remake] Pantheon - The Artisan of War
The Artisan of War
*see bottom for notes*
Damage 48 (+2.4 / per level)
Health 453 (+89 / per level)
Mana 210 (+34 / per level)
Move Speed 330
Armor 18 (+4.1 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+1.25 / per level)
Health Regen 6.75 (+0.68 / per level)
Mana Regen 6.6 (+0.45 / per level)
Passive: Art of War
Every time Pantheon attacks, blocks an attack using Phalanx Formation, or hits an enemy champion with Heartseeker Strike or Spear Shot he gains 4% / 5% / 6% armor penetration. This can stack up to 6 times with each stack lasting for 2.5 seconds. (Levels at 6 and 12)
Q: Spear Shot
Pantheon hurls his spear at an opponent, dealing 65 / 105 / 145 / 185 / 225 (+1.4 per bonus attack damage) physical damage. Pantheon's next 4 basic attack against this target within 4 seconds heal Pantheon for 20% of the damage dealt.
W: Shield Charge
Pantheon charges forward with his shield dealing 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 (+80% of ability power) magical damage to everyone in the path. Enemy minions are knocked aside, but Pantheon stops if he makes contact with an enemy champion, stunning them for 1.5 seconds.
Cooldown: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10
E: Heartseeker Strike
Pantheon channels for 0.75 seconds and deals 3 swift strikes in a cone in front of him. Each strike deals 13 / 23 / 33 / 43 / 53 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage) physical damage, and they deal double damage to champions.
Cooldown: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6
Cost: 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65
R: Phalanx Formation
Pantheon uses his shield to block incoming attacks and spells. For 5 seconds Pantheon has a 30% / 40% / 50% chance to block incoming normal attacks and takes 20% / 25% / 30% reduced damage from incoming spells and abilities. If Pantheon has full stacks on his passive there is a 20% chance than a blocked attack will stun the attacker for half a second and deal 50% of the damage back to them. All allies within range of this ability receive half of its benefits.
Minion kills reduce the cooldown by 2 seconds, and champion kills or assist reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 160 / 140 / 120
Goal: The goal of the rebuild is to make Pantheon a more feasible champion at the professional level. This is done by giving him more sustainability and an escape mechanism. The rebuild is also to make him a more enjoyable champion to play (which is a tall order being that he is one of my favorites.)
Passive: Note that the stacks form his passive are not like normal stacks, meaning that they do not stay at maximum stacks while he is still attacking. Each stack acts separately and will go away after 3 seconds, the result being that Pantheon must stay in the thick of combat for him to keep his passive at full stacks. This also means that it will be hard/impossible to reach full stacks while laning vs a single opponent. I was worried the armor penetration at max stats may be OP, but since Darius has a flat 25% I think it is ok.
Q: The same as the original, with the heal (life-steal actually) for greater sustainability. Helps him jungle a little better.
W: This is similar to his original W except that it becomes AOE and un-targeted. This requires slight more skill to pull of correctly, but also allows him to use it as an escape mechanism.
E: Exactly the same except for the removal of the passive.
R: This is the greatest increase to Pantheon's survivability. I also think it fits the character better. It is a way for Pantheon to dive into team fights and survive without having to build super-tanky. It also helps to quickly build stacks on his passive, and buffs nearby allies.
Thought are appreciated!
bump for ulti change and feedback. link me to your remake or new champion and I will be happy to review it as well!
Yet another bump for a re-work... Still not 100% happy with the build, but he is getting there. What does everyone think of replacing of his original ultimate?
Think the new ult looks cool, but I wouldn't want panth to lose ulti he already has. I love his current ult.
Pantheon's current ult is meant to be for those with either a good aoe stun team, or those that has the capability to initiate in a 4v5 by blocking off the back route.
I personally am quite sad that he does not hold out well as compared to other top-lane Champions but if the team composition is played out right, he is viable. The only problem I have is just his survivability in teamfights, but that can be easily solved actually.
If I were to suggest a remake of Pantheon, I would suggest is this:
Skills cast adds a stack of Runic Pieces, capable of reducing damage and crowd control durations by 4% each stack, up to 5 stacks. For each damage received, one stack is lost.
Aegis of Zeonia (not so remake)
Basically the exact same effect as current but jumping on the target creates a shield that blocks one auto-attack.
Reason for this suggestion:
Fixes his unreliability in terms of survivability. Additionally, because the stacks are lost on each damage received, there can be no over-protection. Finally, his unique passive is still kept, albeit in his skill W.
Because the cc and damage reduction has quite high values, it is possible to be overpowered and thus needs some tweaking.
Remaking pantheon entirely is not needed most of his abilities work fine I do like the idea though of his stun applying an extra shield to him, What i think pantheon is lacking his is stats his defense's could scale better for late which in turn he could off tank for late instead of being the heavy hitter he is early to mid game .. just my two cents though.
Overly a nice remake. I think you made a bold move to remove Grand Skyfall, but I think it that ultimately determines whether or not he can be viable. If he's strong without it: it makes him overpowered.
I dislike the dodge mechanic on his ultimate, though. I think it should either block all attacks (a la Jax), or reduce a fixed amount of damage (a la Alistar). Random number generators are fun for Gangplank, because the satisfaction of it working outweighs the occassional time it misses: but for damage reduction, the dodge mechanic is too unreliable.
You've inspired this out of me:
Panethon raises his shield above him and surrounds himself with the ghosts of his fallen comraids: forming an impregnable square shell. Pantheon and any allied champion within the formation block all incoming basic attacks and single target abilities (including bounce effects), and take 25% reduced damage from area of effect abilities. This lasts for 3 seconds, ending early if Pantheon uses a basic attack or ability. Pantheon gains bonus attack range on his next attack and will leap at his target (enough to clear the formation). Upon ending the effect, his ghostly allies charge outward dealing magic damage to surrounding enemies as they disipate.
Width: 325 (Amumu's Despair, only square)
I can't decide if Pantheon should be able to move while using it. I'm for it because it would look awesome to have Pantheon march toward you with all his allies under-shield; but at the same time, and AOE-Invulnerability that can move? Perhaps too strong. Maybe a damage mitigation would be better if he is able to move.
I think on top of that that Idea of the spartan like squadron ultimate would be pretty sweet and unique. Could I add one thig to it though?
Make allies in the area invisible unless they personally cast an ability or autoattack. This would create a lot of possible tactical play, not knowing who's actually in there. And he should be able to move while in it, but maybe at a reduced speed since they he is in a defensive stance.
Personally, I think the only thing Pantheon needs is for AoZ to hit minions and neutral monsters. It would give him jungle capability, more initiation possibilities, and all around versatility. Also, removing Certain Death from Heartseeker makes me sad. ;-;
Phalanx Formation- WOW. The quick stun on the attacking character, that I love. The 50% damage return, not so much. You basically just gave Pantheon Jax's twirly lightpost, and buffed it to the point of absurdity right there.
Overall, you have some neat ideas, but I think with a setup like this, you'd end up leaving out a bit of what makes him Pantheon. Without the threat of Skyfall, the opposing team doesn't mind starting a teamfight and grouping, which is exactly what Pantheon is meant to stop. Without that rampant crit chance that he's known for, Panth also loses a lot of his lane bully powers. And, especially with his Aegis Protection missing, almost ALL of his early sustain is GONE. His ability to push enemy champions around and sit in lane forever disappears without that hit cancellation.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Would it be any better if it just blocked every other attack? Same end result without the randomization.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:30 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc