League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Buffing the sunfire cape (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2616523)

FreakinEpic808 09-26-2012 11:11 PM

Buffing the sunfire cape

Ok so nobody buys sunfire cape anymore and here's why:
You pay 800 gold for only the passive, not extra stats.
The passive attracts tower and monster agro(critical in many cases, cant be rushed before tower is down on top lane champions because the enemy will walk to them under tower)

Fixes: first of all give it better stats, I propose AT LEAST 50 armor and 550 health.
Then make the active a toggle so you can turn it off near baron or under towers.
Problem solved.
As of right now the only champion i ever buy sunfire cape for is garen because of the synergy, they're made for each other.

EDIT: the main resistance to a buff is the "extra item slot". But come on, how many items DONT give that? when you buy trinity force you save 2 item slots for only 375 gold, randuins is 3 for 600? we have to account the passive which just isn't worth 800 gold

WonderBoy55 09-27-2012 05:55 AM

I find it's lack of scaling a problem too. 40 dps is nice early game but falls off hard.

Yuan Shikai 09-27-2012 07:13 AM

Nobody buys it anymore?

it is still like, the number one physical defense item built on Shen in any tournament to supplement his amazing splitpush-capability and it is amazing on a multitude of champs, especially viable examples being Renekton, Hecarim and Malphite. I do not necessarily disagree that it could do with a buff, but it is NOT never used.

TheRottenCrow 09-27-2012 08:59 AM

i just want a toggle on it. that seems like a great idea. the item itself is great, but i agree that the aggro from just walking by a jungle monster or champ under tower is pretty lame

IonDragonX 09-27-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcaneUnleashed (Hozzászólás 29665053)
Ok so nobody buys sunfire cape anymore and here's why:
You pay 800 gold for only the passive, not extra stats.

Actually, you also get another item slot back, so that's worth something.

I will agree that it needs a slight edge on it. Either improve the stats slightly, reduce the cost slightly, or make the damage 35 true damage.

Thornmaelstrom 09-27-2012 09:52 AM

Most people seem to forget that the Sunfire Cape's DPS is very cost efficient, and has several attributes that make it appealing to tanks.
1) AoE, affects multiple targets at range regardless of which target your sticking too (40 dps among X targets, while say Wit's End procs 42 dps on 1 target)
2) Does not require using your tank's precious time AAing, can use that time moving/casting spells (Wit's End requires AAing)
3) Ticks once per second, so while Wit's End uses your AS (which you have to invest in, at least the recurve bow), Sunfire always gets a constant 1.0 "AS" without investing any money in non-defensive component items. Neither Tanks nor Tanky-DPS care about the multiplicative nature of their stats to the same degree that carries do.
4) Builds out of two defensive items, combines into one slot. The subtle importance of this should be obvious to anyone who ponders it for awhile.

JustMyBassCannon 09-27-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IonDragonX (Hozzászólás 29673923)
or make the damage 35 true damage.

I've heard this suggestion a few dozen times, and each time, I keep thinking back to an argument someone gave about how Sunfire Cape is currently very good.

The argument? Name for me any replacement item that gives as much magic DPS as Sunfire cape.

So what have we got? Madred's Bloodrazor? Wit's End? Ionic Spark? In rare, prolonged cases, Malady? By comparison, none of those items give what averages as a 54% increase in Physical EHP. All of them require you to consistently auto attack your opponent instead of just being in proximity.

So, tell me again, what's underpowered about the highest potential magic DPS item in the game, one that will guarantee at least a 50% increase in your lifespan against physical damage opponents?

Never mind that True Damage has been balanced as a champion-specific thing.

FreakinEpic808 09-27-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exdeadman (Hozzászólás 29682222)

I've heard this suggestion a few dozen times, and each time, I keep thinking back to an argument someone gave about how Sunfire Cape is currently very good.

The argument? Name for me any replacement item that gives as much magic DPS as Sunfire cape.

So what have we got? Madred's Bloodrazor? Wit's End? Ionic Spark? In rare, prolonged cases, Malady? By comparison, none of those items give what averages as a 54% increase in Physical EHP. All of them require you to consistently auto attack your opponent instead of just being in proximity.

So, tell me again, what's underpowered about the highest potential magic DPS item in the game, one that will guarantee at least a 50% increase in your lifespan against physical damage opponents?

Never mind that True Damage has been balanced as a champion-specific thing.

Definitely not suggesting true damage that's just too much damage, but it needs slightly better stats and the toggle is more than just a minor QoL change to anyone that actually still uses the item.

FreakinEpic808 09-27-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai (Hozzászólás 29671338)
Nobody buys it anymore?

it is still like, the number one physical defense item built on Shen in any tournament to supplement his amazing splitpush-capability and it is amazing on a multitude of champs, especially viable examples being Renekton, Hecarim and Malphite. I do not necessarily disagree that it could do with a buff, but it is NOT never used.

Shen is permabanned and thus doesn't count, I also don't see it on hecarim. Renekton and malphite(and you forgot garen) are 3/104 chamions. In what way is that a good amount?

JustMyBassCannon 09-27-2012 07:31 PM

Oh, I definitely agree with the toggle; I mean, the item's designed to draw aggro, but then again, so is Vorpal Spikes and it has a shutoff.

The base stats probably could be a little better for what you pay; ever since they removed stacking Sunfire Cape and increased the cost, it did become much rarer a pick compared to pure defense items.