League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Duo Que Bull**** (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2609321)

Jaeyden 09-24-2012 10:14 AM

Duo Que Bull****
 
Yeah it's real ****ing fair riot that when I'm playing in the 1100 elo bracket that I get stuck against a duo que team with one member with over 1600 elo who trumps their lane and ruins any real chance to win. Real intelligent idea makes the ranked matches so fair.

Gabelous 09-24-2012 11:06 AM

That is how the matchmaking system works, in both normal and ranked. It starts by looking in your own ELO rating but once it hits an internal timer it "expands" the search to both sides outside your ELO rating. After another internal timer it will expand again and continue to do so until it finds a match. Usually without any regard for which rating the teams are on.

Nyutrig 09-25-2012 06:27 AM

the fact that duo que exists contradicts the concepts behind an elo system.

Damaxyz 09-25-2012 10:22 AM

Duo Queue is the real problem. Players from 1000-1700 have pretty much the same skill level.

Shadow Master 09-25-2012 03:07 PM

That's the problem with all games that use ELO based matchmaking.

It was a huge pain in Dawn of War II, for instance.

ELO is such a terribly, terribly flawed system overall.

ninjagear 09-25-2012 03:59 PM

u get one game where u get beat by someone better then u and u didnt go once 'wow that guy deserved 1600 elo'

how is it so easy to get butthurt? why is it so hard to appreciate?

Jaeyden 09-28-2012 12:04 PM

Regardless if he "deserves" 1600 elo,it doesn't mean that he should be given the opportunity to que with his friend who's at 700 elo just so he can smash people in the 1100-1200 elo bracket. As stated previously, duo que contradicts the elo system and it's entirety.

ncrwhale 09-30-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligan (Hozzászólás 29625099)
That's the problem with all games that use ELO based matchmaking.

It was a huge pain in Dawn of War II, for instance.

ELO is such a terribly, terribly flawed system overall.

Come up with something better and you have an instant job.

ncrwhale 09-30-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaeyden (Hozzászólás 29709382)
Regardless if he "deserves" 1600 elo,it doesn't mean that he should be given the opportunity to que with his friend who's at 700 elo just so he can smash people in the 1100-1200 elo bracket. As stated previously, duo que contradicts the elo system and it's entirety.


One of your lanes should have smashed his 600 elo partner.

Rockaqt 09-30-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaeyden (Hozzászólás 29588796)
Yeah it's real ****ing fair riot that when I'm playing in the 1100 elo bracket that I get stuck against a duo que team with one member with over 1600 elo who trumps their lane and ruins any real chance to win. Real intelligent idea makes the ranked matches so fair.


Lol It's fairly simple someone makes an account tanks the **** out of it. Then from there grabs a buddy que's with him Makes the fresh 30 go all the way to up about 1800 then after that youre still facing 13/1400 elo players yet youre 1800ish lmao. It's called "abusing the system"


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:34 PM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc