League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Chalice on nunu bot? Need opinions. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2609196)

SuperQuackDuck 09-24-2012 08:50 AM

Chalice on nunu bot? Need opinions.

So i've been playing quite a few games as nunu in bot lane. Most people recommend chalice within the build somewhere. I've noticed that the games in which i didnt get chalice usually went better. With chalice i seemed to always have 100% mana but i never oom without it anyway. And i get my cdr from other sources.

So the question is: Who here gets chalice on nunu, and why?

HowDoIMacro 09-24-2012 09:00 AM

ive just started playing nunu bot as well and tend to build chalice firsst because I like to spam all my spells as much as i can early game to show that im going to be aggressive which tends to throw alot of people off guard.

my guess as to why most people use it is probably becuase its a good all around item that can be upgraded into something even better and your can still afford boots + pots?

id imaging anything with mana/manaregen to start would work too. gs or cata would be good choices or even ring. more testing needs to be done!:P

GrignardTS 09-24-2012 09:04 AM

I don't know, I'd think with his passive it would be unnecessary.

Frozen Heart?

SuperQuackDuck 09-24-2012 09:07 AM

I play a very defensive pusher nunu with a cata start. Afrer roa and glacial i'll never oom. I think most builds with chalice wont get roa, and ifs more offensive. Hence theres no need to get both.

Thoughts?

DaRatmastah 09-24-2012 09:09 AM

Personally, I always end up grabbing Athenes as nunu bot, so I end up grabbing chalice anyway. If I'm against a heavy pusher I'll grab it early, so I can spam to counter-push. Otherwise I usually leave it till a bit later.

GrignardTS 09-24-2012 09:09 AM

Personally I'd start Catalyst and let it sit there until turning it into a late game Odins. The passive HP/MP gain is so useful early/mid game bot lane that it makes ROA look better than it actually is.

So you have a good MR item, FH for Armor, and you can build just straight VS later game to make sure your spells are still hitting hard. Of course still getting WotA (or keeping it at hextech) for amazing consume and ball spam.

Warrrrax 09-24-2012 10:03 AM

I played Nunu bot once and did decently starting with Catalyst for the health/mana and sustain. I feel chalice boots will make you too easily killed by a gapcloser/bursty damage. I was vs Jarvin and first thing he did was ignore everything, charge me, and chase me all over the damned place while I frantically spam level 1 snowball and keep my MS buff up... while dodging his knockups.

Watching this thread with interest to see how to do it properly.

You still want some health gain as Nunu right? He has great base health, so you do prioritize armor/MR, but health is still valuable.

The RoA does give a pretty decent health chunk. If you don't take RoA, all youve got is Odins right?

So you wind up with Heart, Odins, and whatever else.

Anyways, Id love to hear some of the builds from experienced players.

Hamm3rhand 09-24-2012 10:22 AM

If i'm going to be against an ap person bot, then i'll start chalice. vs an AD except for yorick then I prefer catalyst. On nunu vs nunu match I prefer catalyst. if you can manage your stacks right and control the relic then its unlikely you will go oom, but if you don't have to worry about it then thats good too. plus it doesn't take long to get more items bot lane anyway.

HaIfhearted 09-24-2012 10:53 AM

Vs a really strong AD or Yorick I like to start Tabi/Meki and then finish the Chalice after I'm done with Revolver and Spirit Visage.

spreadfred 09-24-2012 11:01 AM

i usually start prospectors ring, and get plenty of mana regen from that. i get enough cdr from masteries + fh (vs ad) or cdr boots. there are plenty of other sources of ap, and the MR is fairly low. i just dont see any need for a chalice.