League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Suggested Change to Boots of Swiftness (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2609008)

Lythyum 09-24-2012 06:52 AM

Suggested Change to Boots of Swiftness

Boots of Swiftness are used less often than nearly every other type of boot. There are select cases and champions where it is used more often (Garen, for example), but I feel it is just not competitive with other boots.

A simple change could make them much more useful for various situations, as well as fit in with the design of the boot (to run slightly faster). I propose adding a unique passive of avoiding unit collision. This would make the boot more useful to junglers for ganking purposes, more useful in lanes to avoid being blocked by minions, etc.

Three Oh One 09-24-2012 01:11 PM

Avoiding movement collision would be a pretty reasonable advantage. I support this, especially if others can think of ways to balance this vs. Merc + Serk.

Kastean 09-24-2012 01:18 PM

I think this would be wonderful! Especially because I have a deep-seeded hatred for unit collision

YFZ 09-25-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lythyum (Hozzászólás 29585033)
I propose adding a unique passive of avoiding unit collision. This would make the boot more useful to junglers for ganking purposes, more useful in lanes to avoid being blocked by minions, etc.

This would be awesome for jungling, I HATE getting stuck by minions when I'm chasing someone and I don't have ghost to avoid unit collision since flash is too OP not to pick :(

Snes C 09-25-2012 08:50 AM

Too universally useful. Which champion wants to avoid unit collision? All of them. A boot that grants a stat that is in high demand by every champion is not a well-designed boot.

My suggestion is to make Boots of Swiftness decrease the impact of oncoming slows (not the duration). This makes them better than Mercury's Treads vs persistent slows that are constantly refreshed, like Frost Shot or Absolute Zero.

Redeemed RivĂŞn 09-25-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnesController (Hozzászólás 29616679)
Too universally useful.

Almost all of the boots are universally useful. The only ones that aren't are greaves are sorc boots.

Lythyum 09-25-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnesController (Hozzászólás 29616679)
Too universally useful. Which champion wants to avoid unit collision? All of them. A boot that grants a stat that is in high demand by every champion is not a well-designed boot.

My suggestion is to make Boots of Swiftness decrease the impact of oncoming slows (not the duration). This makes them better than Mercury's Treads vs persistent slows that are constantly refreshed, like Frost Shot or Absolute Zero.

Merc Treads are by far the most universal since there is nearly always going to be cc in a game, beneficial both in-lane and in team fights. Avoiding unit collision would almost never apply to team fights, but would be a good choice for laning phase.

67chrome 09-25-2012 11:15 AM

I like this idea, it would make them worth buying without making them must-buys.

Would shut down Jarvin and Anivia a bit though in a lame way, but their walls have enough problems as-is to merit a re-work on their pathing.

Nykidemus 09-25-2012 05:23 PM

/Seal of approval.

TheFlyingSpoon 09-26-2012 03:39 AM

I support a buff on Boots of Swifness.

I feel removing unit collision would have a big affect on many play styles / champions. The way I see it is you're making a very valuable skill (rather than a valuable attribute) available to all champions willing to go for those boots. I think such a buff should be carefully considered, as it would be game-changing.

I think the idea of reducing the affect of slows (rather than duration) would be a safer buff.