League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Kills Deaths and Assists (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2606383)

Nabrik 09-23-2012 08:17 AM

Kills Deaths and Assists

Is it just me or are more people focused on this to decide if a player is good or not on Dominion? I've had times where players are like "This jarvan is bad hes 2/11" but I've seen jarvan capping or neutralizing points and helping out teamates when they are in fights. It just seems to me alot of people are focused only on this aspect of course it could just be the ELO im at in dominion or something.

jremmons 09-23-2012 08:38 AM

at low to mid ELO K/D/A and points are what's looked at as being a successful player, but it's pretty incorrect.
typically, though, high deaths is something you want to avoid. if you're dying too often you're not protecting towers.

Nabrik 09-23-2012 08:40 AM

see I understand about the dying part but Its not like I've seen people just walk up and suicide it was legitimate deaths like being jumped by three people while defending a tower or even them being focused in team fights I'd completely understand it was just them walking straight into three guys who were in plain sight.

Cauldrath 09-23-2012 08:49 AM

The problem is that there aren't any really good metrics for determining how well a player did individually, especially with the point system so bad, but the best indicator right now for top-lane is likely kills+assists or damage dealt, depending on role. Kill-death is likely SR players trying to force their system over here. Sometimes it's kind of hard to tell why you lost, so people try to pinpoint something, even if they have to stretch to do it, but unless it's something obvious like someone constantly running around the jungle alone or refusing to join teamfights, you probably have to watch a replay to realize that people were standing around doing nothing during fights or don't know how to micro their character or whatever actually happened.

HaIfhearted 09-23-2012 08:58 AM

If you have ever played with POOTERSS you will notice he usually goes something like 0-8-2, but he has a pretty high win rate in solo Q and definitely contributes to his team.

Orphane 09-23-2012 09:23 AM

There is no one reliable metric in aftergame stats for judging how much a player contributed to the victory. You should judge for yourself how well that player was performing if you were able to watch them for any significant time.

FDru 09-23-2012 09:29 AM

K/D/A isn't very important in Dominion. Since champion kills are worth less, it doesn't matter as much if you die. Unlike SR, where who has the worse feeder basically decides who wins.

Duelpower 09-23-2012 09:51 AM

You can get a rough idea of how well you do by gauging your k/d/a in conjunction with your caps/neutralized/assisted. Even then it doesn't tell the whole story, but unless you watch the game it's the best you have to work with.

Rhoek 09-23-2012 10:33 AM

i notice this far to often .... in 90% of my games. >.>

DarkTemplar99 09-23-2012 02:12 PM

You should always strive for 0 deaths. You might think defending a point alone against 3 enemies is worth it, but it's not. You will be off sync with your team's respawn time and they will be faced with a 3v4 right after you die.