League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Leviathan, It's Bad. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2603762)

DingoRabiit 09-22-2012 12:18 PM

Leviathan, It's Bad.

Leviathan: A defensive snowballing item

Builds from Ruby Crystal 475g
Effects:
+180 health
Unique: Your champion gains 32 health per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill and 1 stack for an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion takes 15% less damage.
820 total health at 20 stacks
Item cost; 1275g (800g)

It doesnt give any regeneration or armour, It's Reeeaaaallly hard to stack, Honestly, I've never gotten it fully stacked, And i've never seen it fully stacked

Sure the 15% reduced damage is Great, But if you never get it, Then why even account for it? This things a waste of gold until its fully stacked, Whereas other items give a Decent benefit until fully built, This is a fully built item!

Pitufito Dell 09-22-2012 12:27 PM

All snowball items are... "bad", so, really, don't even try to discuss them.

67chrome 09-22-2012 01:52 PM

Well, last time I checked Leviathan needed 10 stacks to be cost-effecient, Mejai's and Occult only need 6. And that's if you factor in their attribute prices against Giant's Belt, Needlessly Large Rod, and B.F. Sword.

Maintaining 6 even with the penalties shouldn't be that hard in a normal game, I'd say youv'e got a 50/50 shot at maintaining the stacks at that level. So I wouldn't say those two are "bad", just more of a gamble than everything else. 10 stacks, 10 stacks makes Leviathan bad. Even if you can maintain that much, the time it takes to acquire them is pretty significant.

My best guess with Leviathan is that as it adds survivability you shouldn't die as much, but the whole maintaining 10 stacks is pretty steep even with survivable champions. Even on someone like Vayne or Ezreal were it could dramatically increase their EHP you're better off getting Warmog's to stick it to the enemy when you are snowballing.

I wouldn't factor in the 20 stack bonus though, the only games you can reliably get that in is Bot games.

LiptonSwagger 09-23-2012 12:15 AM

Also also also
defensive snowball item
Honestly, what champion both gets lots of kills and would benefit well from Leviathan?

burnipple 09-23-2012 12:23 AM

Well if you will randomly post that the item is bad. I will oppose your theory by saying that items such as this require skill and a maintained awareness. On a second note you would need good team play to ensure you get the stacks.

I don't use the item because I don't have high enough elo to use it among other players. However if the item was rushed as jungle nunu followed up with a catalyst to rod of ages. The outcome would be great as long as your ganks are going well.

Sky Mence 09-23-2012 09:01 AM

true dat. AD and AP at least help you snowball, health does not.

Nykidemus 09-25-2012 06:39 PM

Yeah, but did you see it back when assist granted two stacks? It was pants-on-head retarded. Even carries were picking it up.

Volvary 09-25-2012 06:44 PM

First of all, Leviathan isn't mean to be used on a Carry or a Bruiser, it's meant to be built on a Tank. And usually, a Tank doesn't die much. And Leviathan + Gold per assist masteries = Two reason to rack up assist at minimum. If you are playing a characters who got good area control, stacking Leviathan with assist in Team Fights isn't hard at all. I use it Amumu and I usually keep it at 12-14 stacks, sometimes even 20 stacks, and oh boy those time are awesome :) Just build yourself with resists in the good thing and you'll be able to maximize this item's efficiency.

PlayWithMe69 09-25-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chrome (Hozzászólás 29535498)
Well, last time I checked Leviathan needed 10 stacks to be cost-effecient, Mejai's and Occult only need 6. And that's if you factor in their attribute prices against Giant's Belt, Needlessly Large Rod, and B.F. Sword.

Maintaining 6 even with the penalties shouldn't be that hard in a normal game, I'd say youv'e got a 50/50 shot at maintaining the stacks at that level. So I wouldn't say those two are "bad", just more of a gamble than everything else. 10 stacks, 10 stacks makes Leviathan bad. Even if you can maintain that much, the time it takes to acquire them is pretty significant.

My best guess with Leviathan is that as it adds survivability you shouldn't die as much, but the whole maintaining 10 stacks is pretty steep even with survivable champions. Even on someone like Vayne or Ezreal were it could dramatically increase their EHP you're better off getting Warmog's to stick it to the enemy when you are snowballing.

I wouldn't factor in the 20 stack bonus though, the only games you can reliably get that in is Bot games.

50/50 chance is terrible if you continually play ranked.

IS1bf695a5f1d53bdc94097 09-26-2012 12:43 PM

Just remove whole item no one even notice that.