League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Give Xerath's ult an ammo system (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2602955)

EmrldCitySlasher 09-22-2012 05:19 AM

Give Xerath's ult an ammo system/the kog'maw treatment *UPDATED*

IDEA 1 - The Ammo System

Give his ult an ammo system similar to Akali's/Corki's/Karma's etc.

-It would get rid of the "completely useless when his ult is down" issue

-It will make him feel more like the "long ranged artillary" that he is supposed to be

-It makes him way more fun.

IDEA 2 - The Kog'Maw Treatment

I've been reading through all the feedback I have recieved and a lot of people have mentioned changing his ult to behave similarly to kog'maws. With this system in place, his ult would basically act like Kog'Maws, meaning the more he uses it in rapid succession, it will keep on costing more and more. I guess this is also similar to Kassadins ult.

I think that this idea is just as viable as the ammunition system mentioned above, although I dont really support this idea as much because it would be way too similar to Kog'Maws ult (and prob even a bit better due to it having a way larger AoE range). To do this we would have to change Kogs ult so they arent so similar.

Heres some numbers (it also has a lot of numbers and stuff to make my post look more legit and well thought out :D) See below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alarah (Hozzászólás 29106029)
What if it ran on ammo instead?
up to three charges

current Ult info:
(Active): Calls down a blast of arcane energy, dealing magic damage to all enemies in an area. May be cast another two times, with no cost, within the next 12 seconds before going on cooldown.
Range: 900/1300
Diameter of AoE: 400
Diameter of Sight: 600
Cost: 150 / 180 / 210 mana
Cooldown: 80 / 70 / 60 seconds
Magic Damage Per Cast: 125 / 200 / 275 (+0.6 per ability power)
Maximum Magic Damage: 375 / 600 / 825 (+1.8 per ability power)

Ammo system (at max rank):
Xerath gains a charge of arcane barrage every 20 seconds (1/3 of the cool down) up to three charges at 70 mana (1/3 of 210 mana) a pop

This way Xerath can use his ult for poking etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannamoth (Hozzászólás 29864547)
I'm actually quite afraid of moving Xerath's ult to an ammo system. In order to balance out the fact that Xerath can pop you with an ult charge almost whenever he wants, you would need to reduce something it does now, ie range/damage/number of max charge.

I understand where you're coming from, his ult on an ammoy system could potentially give him tons of harass, but if he starts doing that, he wont have the 3ult burst if there are any team fights that take place shortly after(significantly reducing his damage in that fight, so its a tradeoff).I think lowering his overall damage would make him potentially worse, even with the ammo system/kogmaw treatment. I do not believe he needs any nerfs to do this. (PS- yay red post, my first one evar! <3)

Fixing Xerath's Passive

Heres a unique idea for a new passive that xerath desperately needs to fit his kit better... I havent decided on anything yet though (not that my decision matters haha ^.^) See below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alarah (Hozzászólás 29106029)
A twin casting passive would be:
when ever xerath casts a spell, he has X% chance of casting another similar spell with no cost at Y% damage.
After all, Xerath is masterful with magic, twin casting should be child's play for him.

^I love the concept of this passive btw. Needs some more explanation though.

---------------------------------------------------

edit: please bump it i want reds to see the idea ^.^

edit 2: wow 100+ upvotes, didnt know it would be this popular. Most upvotes ive ever recieved in a thread that I created !! Keep bumping so Riot can see!

edit 3: 150 upvotes!! Keep voting and bumping so Riot can see.

edit 4: 200 upvotes! Come on riot! You have to try this or at least acknowledge this idea

edit 5: 300 upvotes. Riot get your butts over here

edit 6: 333 upvotes cmon riot its the lucky number

edit7: 420 upvotes trololol

edit∞: 500 upvotes yay!

edit∞+1: 600 upvotes.. this needs to happen

***thanks for the massive support!! We got a riot to respond, now lets make it happen.***

Jordan Mohan 09-22-2012 05:20 AM

Would it reload on kill and/or assist?

EmrldCitySlasher 09-22-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper94 (Hozzászólás 29525016)

Nah, that would be overboard imo.

Maybe reduce the CD of the next charge by like 5-10 seconds.... not sure any kind of cd reduction needs to be added though

Matteo391 09-22-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper94 (Hozzászólás 29525016)

Kill, maybe, but not assist.

Holy Malevolence 09-22-2012 05:23 AM

Do the same with Irelia.
The entire "Use once so you can then use multiple times in a short time period" thing they came up with is terrible.

Kronicler 09-22-2012 05:24 AM

It has to be reload/CDR on kill/assist.

iMyung 09-22-2012 05:27 AM

Not going to happen. Akali is reliant on her gap closer or she does 0 damage. Xerath doesn't need his ult to do damage. He has 2, very long ranged skills.

Verandriel 09-22-2012 05:29 AM

Let's just make it do true damage, instead, and reset on kill.

Fouquet 09-22-2012 05:44 AM

as a xerath player i approve this idea

DogInRealLife 09-22-2012 05:47 AM

Completely agree.

I feel even Xerath would be fun with Kog'Maw's ult, however ammo system will put a cap how much he can fire off in a short time.