League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New Spin on Guardian Angel (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2593680)

Nyx87 09-19-2012 12:45 PM

New Spin on Guardian Angel

So a couple nights ago I was messing around with one of my favorite champs, Anivia. During the game there was a bit of banter with the enemy akali about why i would play such a champion. I primarily enjoy champs that can defy death, people dying to tower as they try to kill the egg is hilarious to me(Karthus is another of my favorites). Akali then decided to camp bottom lane due to some of the banter, So i thought it would be funny to buy Guardian Angel when my passive was up again. Then it dawned on me:

What if Revive was removed as a summoner, and Guardian Angels passive was replaced with Revive as an Active(unique of course). It would give GA a place as an item and might be better for dominion as a whole. What do you think?

lbgsloan 09-19-2012 12:49 PM

Moving problematic summoners to items is something they should have done a long time ago with Flash. GA revive would be a good idea for all game modes, since there are many times where you die in a bad situation with GA up and immediately die again. Having control over the revival would make it a lot more useful outside of a late game emergency item.

Infirc 09-19-2012 12:52 PM

i do LIke revive, not for it being Op thiugh, i like it that i can run different spells on different gamemodes, with some of them being viable on a gamemode and some of them being viable on the other as a player who enjoys Dominion the most but still has to play other modes from time to time (most friends hate dom) i find the value of revive how boring it would be if on every game mode on every map on every game you'd have to pick flash and i'm really hoping that if supremacy is a gamemode it's rather flash retardant, ,

the idea stil sounds interesting though although it would technically warn enemy Dariuses and Blitzcranks to "Aim pull here".

@ibsgloan, no, i don't particulary like flash but from what i get from dota is that you shouldt have a blink on an Item, just check how many champions build dagger at dota despite the wider build paths and greaer item variety.

having a flash item would be the equal of ahving wriggles, everyone would be stuck building it enclosing the build paths even further.

Catnium 09-19-2012 02:03 PM

i think this is a really awesome idea

@Infirc: putting flash on boots wont have such a big impact on build paths

Aparkhurst 09-19-2012 10:48 PM

An akali who camps bottom lane forever? was it konf? I bet it was.

inFe eD 09-19-2012 11:29 PM

But ganking bot lane wins games!

HaIfhearted 09-19-2012 11:41 PM

It's okay, Parky.

I'm sure your voidlings will protect your from the big scary Konfetarius hiding under the b... I mean camping your speed shrine.

Hinagiku 09-20-2012 12:33 AM

Wouldn't people just take garrison in Revive's place? With the option to still build the GA, of course.

Phourc 09-20-2012 12:51 AM

^ The only problem with this idea is I don't think guardian angel would be an optional build item, and cash is already pretty limited on Dominion.

SpiderParadox 09-20-2012 05:29 AM

Yeah if we start putting broken summoner spells onto items than that will more than likely lead to a more limited buildpool.

Imagine if you put flash on an item, for instance. Now every champ on SR has to buy that item. It's just bad design.