League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   September Dominion Draft Day! 9/28/12! Team captains needed! Win RP! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2593003)

DaRatmastah 09-19-2012 06:51 AM

September Dominion Draft Day! 9/28/12! Team captains needed! Win RP!

Draft Day RP Winners!!
A big thanks to all team captains for another successful draft day, I got literally ten times as many games to sift through, well done! Also a big thanks to Denz Brujah for again donating a second $10 RP card so I can name four winners instead of three. So, without further ado...

Winners:
MurderTrail
stormfallen
Sneek88
Dusekkar

If you won, congrats! I'll be sending you a friend invite in-game to get your code to you. BTW, I finally found a store that had RP cards, but I actually bought their last three O_O I don't know what's up with Riot's supply channel but none of the gamestops I've gone to have had cards! Sorry for the delay =)

DRAFT DAY IS TODAY!!

Reddit Post(please upvote): http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._day_is_today/
GD Thread(please bump): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post29701641

Team captains, remember, try to refrain from in-house games, and make an effort to populate the draft queue instead! Also, don't forget to screenshot game results and send them to dominiondraftday@gmail.com

Hey guys, sorry this one is so late in the month, life's been a bit hectic for me lately, but here we are!

What is Dominion Draft Day?
Dominion Draft Day is a community event encouraging people to pile into the Dominion Draft queue in an effort to shorten queue times and get more new people playing Dominion!

Will there be RP prizes?
Yes! I will be purchasing three $10 RP cards myself, and if people want to donate RP codes to the event, that would be much appreciated! To be eligible to win RP, you MUST join up with a team captain premade before hopping into queue!

How do I join up with a team?
Simple enough, just join the DominateDominion chat channel in your LoL client on friday, and ask if there's any captains around forming teams! If not, hang around for a bit, or just volounteer to be a captain yourself, so you can make up your own team if there's no other captains around =)

What does a team captain do?
A team captain has three responsibilities. First and foremost, their job is to be a friendly, educational face for the Dominion community. Secondly, their job is to print screen and send in game results to dominiondraftday@gmail.com This is so I know what players participated in DDD so I can enter them into the raffle. Team captains ARE eligible to win RP. Thirdly, if it's taking forever to get queue pops just due to server population(like early in the day), captains organize in-house draft games(these count for the RP raffle).

I want to be a team captain!
Great! All our captains from our last event did an excellent job. Remember, to captain, you don't need to be an amazing Dom player, you just need to be a friendly and reasonably knowledgable face! If you're interested in being a captain, just post on this thread, and I'll add you to the list.

Registered Captains:
DaRatmastah
Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R
Denz Brujah
Hamm3rhand
stormfallen
naotasan
Gormirn
Yurian
DSpyder

Note for Team Captains:
We really want to prioritize draft mode in general over in-house games, so only host in-house games the day of if you're really getting obscenely long queue times. Most of the time if you have enough people for a full in-house, then you can just have two teams join up in queue and get it to pop anyway.

ZallKlos 09-19-2012 06:59 AM

Why not turn every Friday into a draft day?

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R 09-19-2012 07:10 AM

I'll be a captain.

DG Denz Brujah 09-19-2012 07:26 AM

Captain Denz reporting for Duty

DaRatmastah 09-19-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZallKlos (Hozzászólás 29427870)
Why not turn every Friday into a draft day?

Hey, I'm down with that, but I'd rather have EVERY day be draft day. Regardless, these concentrated events are fun, and a good way to pull in people =)

Thanks for volunteering, guys =)

DG Denz Brujah 09-19-2012 08:25 AM

Rat Ill see if I can get a card again for RP prizes

Hamm3rhand 09-19-2012 08:28 AM

I can captain this time i think. We just take screenshots of the people in our crews and send them to you right?

NamKim 09-19-2012 08:28 AM

Can you clarify that Draft Pick in the Matchmaking should be priority? The whole point of this is to have a day where Draft Pick is not a desert. But I heard that several people misunderstood this and just hosted in-house draft pick games. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a Draft Day...

Yellow Jester 09-19-2012 08:58 AM

delete dominion normal queue so that I can ban yorick, poppy, and jax every game.

DaRatmastah 09-19-2012 11:59 AM

Denz: Thanks!
Hammm3rhand: Yep, screenshot the post-game screen so I can make sure your crews end up in the raffle.
NamKim: Absolutely. The only time in-house games should be happening is if there just isn't enough people in draft to make it work(like at ten in the morning, or somesuch). I'll edit the main topic to indicate that.