League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   double dom points? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2592720)

True blade10 09-19-2012 03:30 AM

double dom points?

Just a suggestion, maybe put a system where you can vote to double the amount of points in a dom game in champion select. just saying because some champions excel late game in dom and most of the time there is no late game dom.

TCWA Tigerbite 09-19-2012 06:04 AM

Are we talking about the actual score in dominion? or IP or what?

As for the score, what would that do? It would just make it twice as high, no change.

As for IP? The IP is fine for the short games.

If that's not what you're talking about, then you should probably clarify.

Orphane 09-19-2012 06:30 AM

Are you talking about Nexus Health?

NamKim 09-19-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphane (Hozzászólás 29426588)
Are you talking about Nexus Health?

I believe so. From the context of his post, he wants the option to make the game longer since some champions excel late game but rarely gets the chance to do so.

My response to that is, while I have nothing against a custom mode that allows this. For Matchmaking, it is fine the way it is. The reason I say so is this is not Summoner's Rift. On SR, you want to pick those strong late game champions and force your enemies to late game where you can dominate the other team before they can even lay a finger on you. SR and CS are two different maps and have their different strengths and weaknesses.

You could say that SR focuses on the long term while CS focuses on the short term. By this I mean, on SR, if you get a fed champion during the laning phase, it is obvious who the winner will be. On Dominion, just because you pick a strong early game champion doesn't mean you will win. If you pick a strong late game champion, doesn't mean you will win. You have to be on your toes constantly. You need someone strong in the beginning, be smart in the middle, and be both near the end. Two different game modes, two different play style, two different tier lists, one League of Draven, never can have enough dead Teemos.

True blade10 09-19-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite (Hozzászólás 29426298)
Are we talking about the actual score in dominion? or IP or what?

As for the score, what would that do? It would just make it twice as high, no change.

As for IP? The IP is fine for the short games.

If that's not what you're talking about, then you should probably clarify.

i was talking about nexus health, and was just saying a vote system put in. just trying to put in suggestions :)

TCWA Tigerbite 09-19-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True blade10 (Hozzászólás 29430572)
i was talking about nexus health, and was just saying a vote system put in. just trying to put in suggestions :)

That makes much more sense! ;D

I'd always vote against it, because I like my short sweet games. But it is an interesting idea (that would probably be a terrible idea for a blind pick mode, seeing as how there are always numerous players in those games that are ready to give up 5 minutes into the game.)

Lindre 09-19-2012 11:04 AM

It'd be a cool idea for a custom game option, I think. The normal game is fine the way it is though.

BeefJerkyHunter 09-19-2012 06:19 PM

I'm kind of against this suggestion.
From my experience, most players have 5 completed items by 25 minutes and that's pretty late game by my standards. Note that is my standards, not anyone else's.
If anything, I would be okay with a 50 point increase which can easily increase the game time for a few minutes.

Orphane 09-19-2012 06:40 PM

5 completed items does not a full build make.

Harvester 09-21-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphane (Hozzászólás 29445693)
5 completed items does not a full build make.

Viktor feels inadequate... Apologize!
I would really like to see this as an option in custom games, however I think that the vote system/changes to game time should be exclusive to draft mode on Dominion. It would certainly get more people to play it.