League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   losing elo to awful lag, not on my end (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2590431)

MechanicalPirate 09-18-2012 12:58 PM

losing elo to awful lag, not on my end

ever since the past few patches, lag in-game has gradually increased. syndra's patch being the worst. the worst lag i've had was actually a few minutes ago where out of nowhere the game said "attempting to reconnect" i waited for about 5 minutes (because, mind you this was a ranked game, don't want to lose that elo) and finally had to leave the game. i expected the reconnect screen to come up after leaving, but nope. checked my match history, didn't record match. checked my elo, AND IT WENT DOWN. what's the logic behind losing elo to an unrecorded match? stupid. something needs to be fixed riot, something's not right.

blazn64 11-08-2012 06:04 PM

yeah seriously WHTAT **** UP

RiotKiddington 11-10-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechanicalPirate (Hozzászólás 29403120)
ever since the past few patches, lag in-game has gradually increased. syndra's patch being the worst. the worst lag i've had was actually a few minutes ago where out of nowhere the game said "attempting to reconnect" i waited for about 5 minutes (because, mind you this was a ranked game, don't want to lose that elo) and finally had to leave the game. i expected the reconnect screen to come up after leaving, but nope. checked my match history, didn't record match. checked my elo, AND IT WENT DOWN. what's the logic behind losing elo to an unrecorded match? stupid. something needs to be fixed riot, something's not right.

There are two systems we have built into our server. The first one is called compensation mode, when we are experiencing server difficulties we turn this feature on, then no player will lose elo while compensation mode is on. The second feature is a special safety check in our game server, if everyone drops from our game, then their entire stats for that game will get discarded and no one will suffer an elo loss. During the games you played, neither of these two features got triggered.

Riot’s game servers are connected by millions of players, and in event of server instability you wouldn’t just see one post on this forum, you will see thousands of people complain. Thus based on what you described and your match history that I see, you are the only one experiencing connection problems. Perhaps you should check your ISP first? Also double check if there are any packet losses from your end to Riot Servers.

funkymonkeee 11-10-2012 03:58 AM

Hmm, odd. I had a problem over these past few days too and had more people chatting about their internet problems. Possible problem??

Murglurgl 11-10-2012 05:55 AM

I can vouch for this happening. In the past I have ran between 60-100 ping in every game. A few weeks ago I had REALLLLLLYYYYY bad ping it was hitting 800's at some points, The game is unplayable like that really. Since then I have been running around 100-200 ping in every game. I check my internet connection speed, its fine, every other game I play (WoW, Diablo, SWTOR) have great ping, no problems at all. I use the ASRock XFast LAN to control and monitor my connections and it shows everything running fine. I checked everything on Netalyzr and it all came back ok... sooo yeah.. its gotta be on your end.

Crunchdoggie 11-10-2012 06:28 AM

What I want to know is what caused the rise in lag in the syndra patch.

Meioh 11-10-2012 06:31 AM

i usually had 100-120 ms but since the TTL patch it was perma 400-500ms
tried everything , until one day...
for some reason when i close the Explorer.exe process the lag GOES AWAY
i have NO idea why , i tested , bringing explorer.exe back on , few seconds later 500 ms
explorer.exe off , 120 ms , it might be just me , but just try that , i dunno the hell its going on there but you might have a similar problem. try it.

TornadoOfBees 11-10-2012 08:45 AM

I've had massive lagspikes for the past few weeks as well. My ping sits at around 80 most of the time but then suddenly jumps to like 300. I'm only lagging on league, I've checked everything else and have no issues. Are you suggesting traceroute to the webservers, or is there an address people can use to check connectivity to the game servers themselves?

TornadoOfBees 11-10-2012 08:46 AM

From what other people are saying, LoL might be interfering with something else, have you guys upgraded/changed anything in the past few patches?

Matthevv 11-10-2012 11:17 AM

Yea I have been getting continual lag spikes when playing LoL recently. I don't get these lag spikes playing any other games at the moment.