League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Lux is a hidden OP (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2588271)

Genericke 09-17-2012 07:02 PM

Lux is a hidden OP

She's entirely skillshot based, however we all know what happens when skillshot champions are played well. With a little CDR she's untouchable, has great base numbers, and offers amazing support to her team.

dxG Skumbagz 09-17-2012 07:16 PM

Cry more. I just play Ori , juke her bind and shes pretty much toast. Maybe you should learn to play other skillshot champs and counter her.

inFe eD 09-17-2012 07:33 PM

TIL skillshots automatically make a champion good.

naotasan 09-17-2012 07:47 PM

I think Karma fits the term "Sleeper OP" better than Lux.

Degnared 09-17-2012 07:55 PM

I don't think it's that hidden. I ban Lulu in draft.

Edit: I realized days later that OP wrote Lux, not Lulu, in the title. Derp.

ShawNuff 09-17-2012 08:43 PM

Let me apply this logic to say: "Syndra is actually really op, you guys just suck with her"

HaIfhearted 09-17-2012 10:32 PM

The problem with Lux isn't an issue of skillshots, its a matter of REWARD for landing the skillshots.
Lux has pretty low base damages and long cooldowns on top of her spells being harder to land.

Basically, Lux is high-risk, medium-low reward, and if you mess up you have to wait a long time to try again.

DiscworldDeath 09-18-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaIfhearted (Hozzászólás 29387961)
Basically, Lux is high-risk, medium-low reward, and if you mess up you have to wait a long time to try again.

Yeah, respawn timer long time ;-)

Risemix 09-18-2012 01:11 AM

I like Lux a lot on Dominion but she isn't the best choice. She can defend a capture point like forever but sucks at assaulting them. If you're ever significantly behind in a game with a lux on your team it can be hard to come back. In addition she's really squishy until she has a frozen heart making a good early game front line really important. She can't really make plays on her own because of her long cooldowns and more utility-oriented kit, either.

She has some really nice burst with an mpen/cdr build assuming you hit a bunch of targets at once, and like I said before, is ludicrously good at defending capture points for long periods of time, especially once she's tanked up a bit.

Lux is balanced around her best-case scenario, that is, several members of the enemy team standing in a tightly confined space or in a straight line. It's more rare in Dominion but still pretty devastating when Lux lands her E-R combo on 3-4 players.

IMO the Abyssal nerf hurt her vs. caster-heavy teams a little bit because she lost a lot of gold efficiency with the tanky build. Now to get any sort of MR you have to build the Negatron, maybe let it sit while you build Void Staff, and then either build Odyn's or QSS. Both are OK choices but obviously having the Abyssal was nice.

My core might be:
Haunting Guise, Sorc Shoes, Frozen Heart

Other items:
Deathcap (rarely, when you have an amazing front line and are just kicking ass), Void Staff, Deathfire Grasp, Odyn's Veil, QSS.

MajorUrsa 09-18-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaIfhearted (Hozzászólás 29387961)
The problem with Lux isn't an issue of skillshots, its a matter of REWARD for landing the skillshots.
Lux has pretty low base damages and long cooldowns on top of her spells being harder to land.

If you miss a skill shot your just dead. Its over. By the time your Q is up your back down to 10% health, and your last option is to win in one combo, or die when they come out of Q, assuming they arent ranged, in which case your dead.

Shes a team comp dependent mage that can do well when paired with great peelers, and high damage AD carries with CC like Jayce. But without tanky items, shes squishy, and missing a skillshot is right up there as unforgivable.