League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jungling tips? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2586840)

BringTheRain 09-17-2012 01:25 PM

Jungling tips?

Starting to play ranked and the only role I can't fill is jungle. I know all roles fairly well and their respective jobs. The only one I can't actually do is jungling. I know spawn times and etc but I have a really hard time knowing when to gank and knowing when to go back to jungle. Some games my pre-gank setups are spotted so much I find myself not ganking anymore. Some games I gank so much I find myself 50-100 cs and 3 levels behind everyone else.

For example. How long should I commit to making a gank work before I go back to jungling. Are there certain timed sections of the game that ganks should come more often? (i.e 10-13 minute mark).

I play sc2 which is a game with a lot of timings, precisions and adjustments. Something that thankfully carries into my lane plays in LoL. Jungle however, ... most of you would cry watching me try to jungle. Any tips would be appreciated.

TeknoWizard 09-17-2012 01:30 PM

Just gank when you feel like you should. It is the WORST, LEAST HELPFUL advice I can give, but it's all I gots for ya. If you feel like you need to farm to get levels, go farm. If you feel like a lane needs a gank, go gank. Also, grab Oracle's if they're warding heavily to prevent your ganks.

Vusn 09-17-2012 02:22 PM

I've found that playing strong junglers and countering and killing the enemy jungler brings me more wins than strictly ganking lanes.

Kanon Azai 09-17-2012 02:33 PM

Try to get in an early gank after blue/red if its possible on the champ you play. Try and steal the enemies wraith as much as possible and remeber that the enemies first buff with spawn around 7:15-7:25 if they took it on time, so you can steal that away asap. Make sure you ask your team whats warded and whats not, you can go around thru the enemy jungle and tri bush gank, or sneak into lane brush and gank from there. Jungling has infinite ganking chances, you just need to know them. Good luck in ranked!

etharian 09-17-2012 06:04 PM

This is just gonna be my opinion and the basics. Im no excellent jungler but this will help you know when to gank

When the enemy is pushing the lane hard-ie past the river

Preferably unwarded or so far extended in the label that you can catch/disrupt them before they make it to the tower

IF they burn flash and get away. Its ok. I call that successful IF you remember to return to the label before their flash is up

Counter Jungling to me is the toughest part to learn how to do. But its important. Starving their jungle makes their gank/income/level suffer. Try playing a fast clear champ like shy or udyr. Ward their wraiths/blue and keep an eye on where they gank. If they gank top. You can counter jungle bottom

Hope it helps and good luck. Also. Dragon is super important for gold advantage. Never forget that

PogoPogoPogoPogo 09-17-2012 06:23 PM

Keep in mind, there are 4 places you can gank. Top lane, mid lane, bottom lane, and enemy jungle.

The best time to gank is when your teammate is closest to his own tower and the enemy is most overextended. If all of your lanes are pushed toward the enemy tower, then there's not going to be anywhere to gank. You have two options, keep farming your own jungle, or go to the enemy jungle and farm some of their minions or try ganking the enemy jungler.

It's particularly useful to ward a couple spots mid river top and bottom so that you can get an early eye on where their jungler may be at. Another popular ward spot is near the enemy wraith camp. Whatever you do, the idea is that if you can keep an eye on the enemy jungler, you know when it's safe to counter jungle some of his camps or when you're needed for a counter gank.

If the enemy is near his little golems, but you're on the other end, go steal his wolves and gank that opposite lane if possible. If you're at all near his golems, stick around. Don't go into his jungle unless your mid and/or side laner is coming with you (be careful about venturing into the enemy jungle to get a kill alone).

And when you do go for a gank, don't be afraid to stick around and leach some XP. Whether you're waiting in the bush for the time to strike, or you've already secured the kill (or simply scared him off), hang around for a wave's worth of XP (but don't steal last hits) so you don't get behind.

If all of your lanes are staying pushed, sometimes all you can do is continue to farm your own jungle, and pass off buffs to your teammates.

Lord Puppy Fury 09-17-2012 07:37 PM

Generally speaking, the first 10-20 minutes of the game belong to the jungler. At this point, you want to get your lanes as fed as possible so they can carry your butt mid game when you're 2-3 levels behind because you've been ganking not farming. This isn't to say don't farm, but a farmed jungler is less important than fed lanes. Think of the jungler as a different flavor of support. Your job isn't to 1v5 the enemy team. Your job is to get your bruiser, your mid, and your ADC fed.

As for waiting for ganks, you typically don't want to wait more than 20 seconds. If they're warding, you can also tell top or bot to push the lane so you can lane gank, or you can try to flank from the enemy's side of the map.

A lot of people also think as soon as the enemy jungler has left the visible area he's left the lane and will play as though they're now invulnerable. You can capitalize on this by breaking line of sight and then re-ganking in the next minute. Especially if there's not ward in the actual river brush bot or top, you can disappear in there, wait a few seconds, and then immediately re-gank.

Demilancer 09-17-2012 07:42 PM

hi i like pie

Etherimp 09-18-2012 02:01 AM

Play a fast jungler with counter-jungling capabilities

Go Wolves, Blue, Enemy Red, Gank.

Keep timers on enemy jungle and use good map awareness to counter-jungle hardcore.

This wins matches.

goemul 09-18-2012 06:51 AM

I play jungle as my main now, I used to play support. In terms of ganking, I only approach a lane to gank if the enemy has pushed past my ganking point, i.e. the river or tri brush. Don't even approach a lane if you have to "run at" an enemy and they have the ability to turn around and run away. Unless of course your lane is feeding and you have to baby sit it, in which case try to stick around as much as you can and keep pressure on the enemy so that your lane can farm.