League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How in Ra's name is Kassadin even viable? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2579598)

Shukarhazh 09-15-2012 03:15 PM

How in Ra's name is Kassadin even viable?

I keep reading threads and seeing in chat how Kassadin is OP to the point that he NEEDS nerfs for Dominion to be balanced (at least moreso than current). However, both times I've played him I've found his kit to be rather underwhelming, and even building mana to help his ult doesn't get me any half-decent damage. My impression is that he's garbage.

Obviously there wouldn't be as much talk of him being OP as there is if he weren't actually OP, so what the hell am I missing?

naotasan 09-15-2012 03:19 PM

His ultimate is the main reason why he's OP.

He can jump ANY wall if you place it right (yes, even the wall next to your spawn/fountain). Mobility is a huge factor in Dominion (See: POOTERS) as well as Tanky Derps. And if you combine BOTH of them things just swing towards OP.

Add in cooldowns, and tanky meta, bam. OP. If you still don't believe me, I'll play with you on my team and carry you with him.

BROSEPHIROTH 09-15-2012 03:32 PM

Even without the jumping over walls thing, he has a powerful silence, is resistant to magic damage, and can flash onto you for a huge burst.

The ult is low cooldown, which means he can use it for damage and for escape without sacrificing one or the other. Being able to get to places in half the time that most champions can is a huge advantage, and when you can do that AND be able to provide a large burst of damage then it suddenly becomes very valuable to have a Kassadin on the map with his threatening presence.

Then you add flashing over walls into the mix and suddenly Kassadin is top tier because he does all of the above while being very difficult to kill without chaining CC. You can even flip this around and realize that if a Kassadin is missing on the map, that 3v2 you're about to initiate may not be a 3v2 after all.

I've had success as Talon against Kassadin though. Most Kassadins nowadays don't build tanky or much armor at all really.

larkhill 09-15-2012 03:33 PM

the reason kass is so op is that he's hard to kill. he has a huge silence and he can escape at will. and u cant chase him cause u'll never catch him anyway. but if u dont chase him, he'll just backdoor a point or gank bot and ur screwed. it quickly becomes a lose-lose situation

Shukarhazh 09-15-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROSEPHIROTH (Hozzászólás 29295380)
Even without the jumping over walls thing, he has a powerful silence, is resistant to magic damage, and can flash onto you for a huge burst.

Malzahar ate me alive, and his silence did far more than mine could. I still took a ridiculous amount of damage, and plinked with that flash whenever I actually managed to land it - even WITH stacks on it.

Quote:

The ult is low cooldown, which means he can use it for damage and for escape without sacrificing one or the other. Being able to get to places in half the time that most champions can is a huge advantage, and when you can do that AND be able to provide a large burst of damage then it suddenly becomes very valuable to have a Kassadin on the map with his threatening presence.

Except I always ran out of mana by the time I reached the fight, or otherwise lacked enough stacks on Riftwalk to do much hurt with it.

Quote:

Then you add flashing over walls into the mix and suddenly Kassadin is top tier because he does all of the above while being very difficult to kill without chaining CC. You can even flip this around and realize that if a Kassadin is missing on the map, that 3v2 you're about to initiate may not be a 3v2 after all.

Ah, the caveat. Yeah, I had Malzahar silence me, then Blitzcrank silence me, grab me, knock me up, and by the time I could get anything off I was dead. No wonder.

Quote:

I've had success as Talon against Kassadin though. Most Kassadins nowadays don't build tanky or much armor at all really.

I guess the big question I have is what items are good on Kassadin? I know Frozen Heart does well for the mana and armor, but what else?

WaterD103 09-15-2012 04:56 PM

If you have kassadin in your team, you can ALWAYS outnumber your opponent. That's basically it. It's not easy to play though. It's not like "Faceroll win" It actually requires a lot of good decision making to be op. But once a player understand how to play him, I find there is basically no counter.

Phourc 09-15-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed the Undying (Hozzászólás 29297845)
I guess the big question I have is what items are good on Kassadin? I know Frozen Heart does well for the mana and armor, but what else?

I believe they grab an early tear and do a mana-heavy tanky-ish build, but I'm not high elo enough to see the good ones thank god.

naotasan 09-15-2012 05:38 PM

Rushing RoA helps a lot for mana/hp, frozen heart helps for mana/cooldowns/armor

konfetarius 09-15-2012 08:03 PM

Kassadin is a poster boy of manatank, even more so than Ryze. Frozen Heart, Catalyst-base-item, Tear, Void Staff. Shoe choice is situational (if they have CC merc treads, if they have squishies, early sorc shoes, if they have a ton of tanky AD like Jax, Tabis).

Jaghut Tyrant 09-15-2012 08:20 PM

Silence, Huge Mobility, huge AOE dmg....

Build rod of ages and frozen heart, try that a few games, and come back