League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   People tried ad maz in sr? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2578512)

WaterD103 09-15-2012 09:26 AM

People tried ad maz in sr?

Just wondering how it would do there.

DiscworldDeath 09-15-2012 09:32 AM

You know why people don't do AD Malzahar top? Cause even random AoE damage not directed at them can kill the voidlings. Lose voidlings, and you lose a lot of your damage, especially the safe kind.

What's SR mid-late game? Team fights.

And if you go proper AD carry Malzahar, then all the crit/AS does nothing for your voidlings, and you're nothing compared to anyone with a real steroid.

Aparkhurst 09-15-2012 09:43 AM

The problem with ad Malz in SR is that he gets starved for items (similar to poppy)

FDru 09-15-2012 09:50 AM

I'd think AD Malz would be out of mana all day long on SR.

ShawNuff 09-15-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDru (Hozzászólás 29285542)

SR minions are easier to clear and there are more of them so your E return mana is a bit higher, not to mention bluebuff is OP (assuming of course you don't have a caster that needs it, but if you did, why would you ever pick a champion like Malzahar?)

Discount Legend 09-15-2012 10:23 AM

Wrong sub-forum. Go to the SR for an SR-based question. Just letting you know...

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R 09-15-2012 10:27 AM

I had a friend that tried it. He said it did a lot of damage but the voidlings attacked the wrong stuff in teamfights so it wasn't useful. But that was before they improved voidling AI.

Phourc 09-16-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDru (Hozzászólás 29285542)

This. Tear + Dom Aura and I'm pretty much always OOM until ~ level 10. That's what, first 20 minutes of an SR game? ):

Warrrrax 09-17-2012 08:14 AM

AD Mal tends to start with boots/Tear and spam to push his lane really heavily to spawn the minions then work on Manamune and tons of defense.

How do you think this would translate to SR top? First, he cant start with Tear so mana is a huge problem. He'd need Tear and Chalice to be able to keep up an acceptable mana rate.
Second, pushing isn't exactly good in SR. he would get ganked repeatedly and he has no escapes at all. He would be constantly jungle-ganked. Even with ward coverage, he likely wouldn't be able to get from their tower back to his in time.
Third, without minions constantly up, he would have little defense against the bruisers. They would just gapclose on him and beat him down easily. He wouldnt have 2 voids at all times and his own minions to defend himself Nor would he have his Ult to ensure meleeing his is a bad plan. In Dom, he hits 6 within a few minutes. In SR, its 10 minutes or so out of total defenselessness vs bruisers. Not good.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R 09-17-2012 10:12 AM

AD Malzh can go mid. He doesn't have to be top.