League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Is Nidalee viable for Dominion? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2576003)

Baracuda 09-14-2012 05:15 PM

Is Nidalee viable for Dominion?

Nidalee is actually quite a common champion I have seen on Dominion (Obviosuly not as common as say lee sin, Darius, jax, etc), but the problem is, is that I don't see her as viable as many other potential champions. She has no AoE, very little cc, is squishy, and cannot sustain to a standard AD Bruiser such as Darius or Jax. The reason I see her for viable: is her spear to harrass, being able to heal, and a short burst. Is there something I'm missing? Or is it that Nidalee is just not that viable at dominion?

Infirc 09-14-2012 05:22 PM

that Poke can melt the Enemy team before an engage giving your thing an edge when they Rawr charge instead of your whole team Rawr dying because of the lack of Poke potential, i wouldn't Say Top Pick, nor must bans like Jax or Darius (seriously who made those two?!!! ), but can definitely be played with success., also Cougar form exists if they close the gap ffs!!!.

Demonite10 09-14-2012 05:53 PM

There are only a handful of ways to effectively push enemies off of a node - Somebody with Garrison and a tank with badass initiate(you'll have to be able to win the fight)...and badass poke to slowly harass enemies off of the node. Nidalee works great in any sort of poke comp, but in Dom, you have to keep in mind that kitty form can be utilized too, and she does more than just poke. Consider her support

AlphaFerric 09-14-2012 06:26 PM

So this is why I saw two nids in the same game today (or maybe, they keep spurring up out of nowhere).

I've seen AP nid be extremely useful for poke and knowing when to jump in as cougar for a nice aoe spurt of damage. Her AS boost is awesome for ezreal players in team fights (who needs PD really).

I've also seen one mean bruiser nid that built a late void staff for poke. Keep in mind that before 6 you are kind of a meh autoattacker with no cc and are basically around for hucking spears. But once you hit 6, cougar form becomes a pain in the ass to deal with. Also, bruiser nid's lategame q hits like a truck on weak targets http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...stial_Huntress

Psi21 09-14-2012 08:00 PM

"Huck a spear all day never team play" is freaken useless to your team.

Every six seconds throwing a ridiculously wasteful, slow and dodge able spear is stupid.

Never in range to heal her teammates because of the whole max range **** they look for.

Did I say incredibly selfish champ?

What is worse is if there are two guarding a node she stupidly continues throw spears never getting a clue she is getting no where before another just shows up.

Or worse a nidalee trying to defend that she is worth it to her group for her traps which offer no site until you walk over them compared to Teemo shrooms or Shaco traps which provide site just sitting there.

And nidalee traps offer absolutely no CC distruption at much needed speed ramps.

Funny how this post pops up just after dodge penalty is reintroduced to dominion. Because any other time that b*tch be dodged.

Hell you could say you see more Eves too because of the stupid dodge penalty now.

Wee

Nope AP Nidalee worthless in dominion thanks.

jremmons 09-14-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi21 (Hozzászólás 29269150)
"Huck a spear all day never team play" is freaken useless to your team.
Nope AP Nidalee worthless in dominion thanks.

Aparkhurst may have something to say about that.

Aparkhurst 09-14-2012 08:36 PM

Nidalee is just the worst -ssonp

Wawix 09-14-2012 08:47 PM

Nid has a strong poke, map control (which reduces a ****ton of mres/ar), heal, burst and is jumpy. She is awesome in dominion.
Too bad I still haven't seen a good one, even at high elo ):

lbgsloan 09-14-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jremmons (Hozzászólás 29269928)
Aparkhurst may have something to say about that.

Aparkhurst is an insanely good player, and is one of the few people with the skill to make Nid work on Dominion. Aside from that I have seen maybe one or two decent Nid players. With an average player controlling her, she's ususally a liability to the team beyond the initial windmill fight.

FDru 09-14-2012 09:35 PM

She is great but can definitely be played poorly. AP Nids who only throw spears are just about completely useless. Nids that sit in a lane farming instead of trapping up the jungle make me want to murder small animals.