League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Changes to make the game better (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=257249)

Pimp With A Limp 09-21-2010 04:39 AM

Changes to make the game better

Here are some changes that I think would be nice to see in the game.

1: People who leave games for what ever reason.

Have a scaling punishment system . If you leave a game a 1 hour ban .Leave a second time have a 6 hour ban. Add 3 hours for every other time the person leaves. For every 10 games you play with out leaving you build a 3 hour reduction in you penalty time for the next time you get a ban.

2: Free Champion rotation.

I would like to see ALL Champions be available in PRACTICE games. When it comes to playing games players should only have access to Champions they own. I think this will prevent people from playing Champions they have no clue how to play or build and making the game miserable for their team mates.

3:Camera angel.

I think everyone will agree that being on the purple team puts you at a disadvantage. It is much harder to avoid skill shots as well as execute a skill shot. Allowing people to have an over head view of the same area that someone playing on the team has would balance things out somewhat .

Just my thoughts I am sure some will agree and some will disagree.

Notmiefault 09-21-2010 04:46 AM

1. Meh, I think the system we have now works fine, but whatever.

2. The reason they don't do this is to give players an incentive to keep coming back. If you could always play every champion, you could lose interest. Besides, that system encourages people to play more practice games, which are really more intended for really new players and specialty gametypes.

3. I have never noticed a disadvantage.

Whist 09-21-2010 04:48 AM

Only disadvantage is being top lane purple trying to run back and accidentally clicking your map.

Devil May LOL 09-21-2010 04:51 AM

1/Harsher punishment is always welcome.

2/No. It hurts riot's income.

3/Just you.

D0llSlght 09-21-2010 04:55 AM

1: Agreed...
2: no....who is gonne play normal/ranked now.
3: sry, just u

Quillheart 09-21-2010 05:02 AM

1) What about those who unintentionally leave? Seems a bit harsh considering that something unexpected like a power outage or a random lag spike could happen. Now, for voluntary leaving/q dodging, that's another story...

2) I honestly don't see the reasoning behind why this isn't implemented. I mean, would it not make more sense to be able to try out any champion at any given time in Practice, BEFORE you spend RP/IP on them? That would leave more RP for people to buy skins on said champions if they wind up enjoying them as opposed to wasting it on champs they'll never touch again. Besides, there's already a 6 game per 24 hours rule in effect(after what was it, level 15?), so they wouldn't be losing *too* much profit. There's a great multitude of ways that it could be done. Stressing of course that it would only be allowed in PRACTICE games, nowhere else.

3) I disagree. While it's definitely disorienting at first, it doesn't really impact gameplay that much.

Mellow X 09-21-2010 05:06 AM

1. dear god yes **** over leavers hardcore. I wish they'd do a 24-hour ban for the first leave. Not Q-dodge. Leave. You leave and you don't play for the rest of the day. I bet you 300$ that stops most leavers dead in their tracks. And people will think seven or eight times before leaving.

2. if all champs were availible in practice mode no one would play normal mode and less would play ranked. Less playing those 2 = less buying champs = less money for riot = never gunna happen

3. what?

GhostChili 09-21-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

1: People who leave games for what ever reason.

Have a scaling punishment system . If you leave a game a 1 hour ban .leave a second time have a 6 hour ban. Add 3 hours for every other time the person leaves. For every 10 games you play with out leaving you build a 3 hour reduction in you penalty time for the next time you get a ban.

this