League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Syndra Discussion Thread (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2571652)

DG TheFeedski 09-13-2012 02:25 PM

Syndra Discussion Thread

Hey everyone,

I just bought Syndra, have only played a couple of games so far, but she is TONS of fun. I have messed with the heavy AP build and a more tankier build with glacial to provide more cc. I really liked the tankier build but still need to do some experimenting. I figured there are a lot of people curious about the new champion so I thought a discussion thread for her would be a good idea. How do you guys think she is?

Evelynn Butt 09-13-2012 02:56 PM

I've only gotten a single game in on her so far but my initial assessment was that she seems fairly mana-hungry. My gut tells me that a tankier build is going to be best for her in the long run.

Redeemed In Fire 09-13-2012 03:01 PM

Ive tried her on PBE and she looks fun. I didn't end up getting her because the Justicar skin effects didn't look as good as I hoped (and i really didnt like the semi-stripper default skin). I feel like she'd do well with the same build I run on Orianna: Start boots/chalice, get mercs, then grail and rylais into frozen heart. From there, more defensive AP items (abyssal is the only one that comes to mind offhand)

Orphane 09-13-2012 03:02 PM

She's going to need CDR because every bruiser's gapclose combo is less than her E cd. Also more CDR equals more sustained power and easier ult setups. Rushing AP is just not going to work when she is dependent on her setups.

ShawNuff 09-13-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl Man (Hozzászólás 29223583)
I've only gotten a single game in on her so far but my initial assessment was that she seems fairly mana-hungry. My gut tells me that a tankier build is going to be best for her in the long run.

On PBE, I could easily run OOM even with bluebuff. CDR seems very important, as well as enough manaregen or manapool so that when you go into a fight you don't just run out of mana and become useless. She does seem to have decent ranged waveclearing, so I'm interested in hearing if anyone has run her bot successfully.

Cauldrath 09-13-2012 03:12 PM

From my experience on PBE, you absolutely must either buy a tear or rush RoA or you will constantly be out of mana. P Ring + Athene's + Frozen Heart is nowhere close to enough, even with the aura, which I think is pretty crazy.

Personally, I think she's just going to be another Xerath - does decent burst with her ult, but does little damage otherwise and gets hard countered by a Ruby Crystal.

Fabs457 09-13-2012 03:14 PM

Would building her tanky give her enough dmg output? I dunno. She looks like a lot of fun to play, but I'm uncertain how well she's fit for dom. as opposed to classic.

Argodis 09-13-2012 03:25 PM

She does as well as Orianna. You really have to build correctly because she doesn't have the base damage or ratios to allow her to excel with none optimal builds.

And what, are you guys casting spells every second? I never have mana issues after Athene's.

MMKH 09-13-2012 03:36 PM

Do her spheres grant vision BTW? Also, try building her MPen or DFG/Lich Bane.

Argodis 09-13-2012 03:44 PM

No vision on spheres.