League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Spotlight Poll Week 42! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2566691)

Phourc 09-11-2012 11:18 PM

Dominion Spotlight Poll Week 42!

For those of you wondering what happened to last week's spotlight winner - well, I messed with Sejuani quite a bit but never got her to the point where I could play her in a spotlight-worthy way. Since a good chunk of my plan was to provide players with some direction in picking up one of the week's free champions - as it got towards the end of the week it became clear that I'd never have a good spotlight out while Sejuani was still free.

I'll likely revisit her when she next comes around the rotation :D

ANYWAY!

I'm going to give this another go, as I'm afraid if I don't get back on the 'making spotlights' train I'll completely forget that was something I wanted to do. xP

This time I'm at least starting at the beginning of the free week, if all goes according to plan (but why would it ever do that?), I should have a spotlight up by the weekend. Neat!

Edit: I should clarify that for this poll, I enabled voting for multiple champions - was curious how that'd change things, but looking at it it's not super obvious. So, now you know!

Westlin 09-12-2012 12:22 AM

I vote Mordekaiser cuz he is also pretty difficult on dominion. Btw where are your spotlights posted at?

Aetherion1234567 09-12-2012 05:22 AM

I'm gonna post just to cheer for Mundo! I love playing that guy! Annie would be my second choice, if I had one.

Phourc 09-12-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlin (Hozzászólás 29172591)
I vote Mordekaiser cuz he is also pretty difficult on dominion. Btw where are your spotlights posted at?

Just one, currently, and they're on my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DominionSpotlights

Lindre 09-12-2012 09:12 AM

I voted for Riven, but I'd personally really like to see either Riven or J4.

Infirc 09-12-2012 10:30 AM

I'll be Honest here, i do Like the effort and the good will you put on it, it's actually pretty cool and the first spotlight was excellent but i'll say that 8 games aren't really something to get you a hang of the champion(specially since you tried a Manatank for the first 6 and then only two with a Mpen build, then got fed up wth Sejuani and spammed brand :3) more or less you are starting to understand him/her/it by that time but it's still a long way to go, that's why i said it wasn't the greatest of the idea doing the Spotlight based on champions free week, since things like Real life issues and other things can mess up with your plans, and it was much better to just pick whoever you like :), also the Dominon community is a lot more Relaxed than the Sr one and uyou'll probably get trolled into playing Ad Annie this week xD, and will probably get trolled into playing fiddlesticks once he comes on rotation.

However if you are keeping the model, why not use: I voted for Janna and JarvanIV, the first one because it would showcase a general Idea of the differences between supports on different maps and the second one cuz i like it when i have one of my team but don't see that many :(.

Phourc 09-12-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infirc (Hozzászólás 29180590)
I'll be Honest here and say that 8 games aren't really something to get you a hang of the champion(specially since you tried a Manatank for the first 6 and then only two with a Mpen build, then got fed up wth Sejuani and spammed brand :3) more or less you are starting to understand him/her/it by that time but it's still a long way to go, that's why i said it wasn't the greatest of the idea doing the Spotlight based on champions free week, since things like Real life issues and other things can mess up with your plans, and it was much better to just pick whoever you like :), also the Dominon community is a lot more Relaxed than the Sr one and uyou'll probably get trolled into playing Ad Annie this week xD, and probably get trolled into playing fiddlesticks once he comes on rotation.

Haha, fair - and really the reason I gave up on Sejuani was I approached the end of the free week - I was doing decent damage with the 70 pen build - just wasn't feeling super useful when my ult was down.

Plus, she's probably THE most challenging character to fit into Dominion, and I didn't complete the challenge in time ):

Like I said I wouldn't mind revisiting her next time she comes around. (I do refuse to buy her, though xP)

The other reason I'm still trying it this way is because I DO want to mess around with some of the weirder champs, so go ahead and vote for all the Sejuanis you want - though I think I could do pretty well with most any of the free champs this week.

Kiddalee 09-12-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phourc (Hozzászólás 29171798)
For those of you wondering what happened to last week's spotlight winner - well, I messed with Sejuani quite a bit but never got her to the point where I could play her in a spotlight-worthy way. Since a good chunk of my plan was to provide players with some direction in picking up one of the week's free champions - as it got towards the end of the week it became clear that I'd never have a good spotlight out while Sejuani was still free.

I'll likely revisit her when she next comes around the rotation :D

ANYWAY!

I'm going to give this another go, as I'm afraid if I don't get back on the 'making spotlights' train I'll completely forget that was something I wanted to do. xP

This time I'm at least starting at the beginning of the free week, if all goes according to plan (but why would it ever do that?), I should have a spotlight up by the weekend. Neat!

Edit: I should clarify that for this poll, I enabled voting for multiple champions - was curious how that'd change things, but looking at it it's not super obvious. So, now you know!

I think you should make videos of champions you know. I know it would be nice to get the spotlight out when the champ is free, but it's impossible to learn a champ and make a good spotlight in such a short time. Do what you can do well.

You can learn new champs on the side, taking as long as it takes. The easiest new champs to learn are often known for being powerful. More difficult champs to learn are often underrated. If you want to learn a new champ a bit faster (should still take longer than a week, though), maybe pick out a highly rated one. The voters want Jarvan, but he isn't exactly the derpiest champ on the list; he's somewhere between a bruiser and tank, and is utility-based. I would want you to give yourself more time to learn him.

SylianEUW 09-12-2012 12:20 PM

I voted for Corki because he's probably the most useful champion on that list. Jarvan IV or Riven could probably work as well. The other champs tend to be more situational or uncommon.

Infirc 09-12-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylianEUW (Hozzászólás 29183310)
I voted for Corki because he's probably the most useful champion on that list. Jarvan IV or Riven could probably work as well. The other champs tend to be more situational or uncommon.

Janna+Situational, does not compute....., the only time she becomes situational is when Lulu isn't avaliable, then you decide between her and Sona, otherwise Lulu+Janna are almost always seen (not at my Elo thankfully).