New To Dominion? Here's Some Help.
It seems every day we have some new people venturing into the forum asking for advice. Generally people link them to the same guides/information each time so I figured it would be easier if we had a post compiled of all the helpful information.
Newbies Guide To Everything Dominion by Nekrogen
Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0
Good habits, bad habits & other wonderful tips & tricks on Dominion by Elalya
Competitive Play (NA)
DominateDominion Weekly Tournaments
Elalya + Talith PA's
-Sometimes it only takes 1 person to cap a turret, don't be greedy for the points.
-The tab button and mini-map are your friends. Keep an eye on enemy location and death timers.
-If you are at the bottom tower, the fastest route top is through the middle speed shrine. Running through the bot speed shrine and then up is slower.
-12% Armor penetration.
-5% Magic penetration.
-20% healing reduction.
-Mana regeneration bonus.
-Fixed experience gain over time.
-Game begins at 1 minute & 20 seconds.
-Champions start at level 3 with 1375 gold.
-You gain 26 gold per 5 seconds.
-It takes 2 seconds for your capture to start.
-It takes 10 seconds to capture a neutralized point (if 1 person is capturing).
-It takes 19 seconds to capture from full (if 1 person is capturing).
-It takes 5 seconds to capture the storm shield.
-The storm shield last 48 seconds.
-Health and mana shrines spawn at the 2 minute mark.
-Health and mana shrines re spawn after 30 seconds.
-Try having the champion with the least amount of poke cap the middle point. This allows for the most harass top prior to any engages by either team. However, this can be detrimental if*the person capping middle has low movement speed and can't help with the first fight.
-The tri-bush above the storm relic is ONE bush.*
-Know where the fog of war is, and use it wisely (this includes ganking).
If you have a guide or a quick tip you think every new Dominion player should know, post it and i'll get it added.
Too bad Riot doesn't sticky threads!
I believe the mana regen aura is 2% increased mana regen per 1% mana missing?
Actually I fully endorse this guide. tried it several times even mixing in my own strats and item sequences but his almost always come out as the best.
Quick tip options:
- try having the champion with the least amount of poke cap mid. This allows for the most harass top prior to any engages by either team.
- It is (almost) always fastest to go through the speed shrines.
- towers regen over time, but it is very slow. keep an eye out for towers that have been brought low, as they are easier to neutralize.
- the bush above the storm relic is ONE bush.
- look and see where the fog of war is, and know where the points allow for visibility. when ganking or just moving around the map, try to avoid those areas.
- On bot lane, the fog of war by the health relic is better than the bushes, because the enemy will see you walk into them. Also, control over the health relic is a huge factor in bot lane.
- Always fight on point if at all possible when that time comes, BUT don't hang out on the points until they are being actively pressured. Fog is your friend.
- Revive is OP (with the mastery. without its just ok).
Also, I thought there were more streamers for dominion, and that there was a thread for them a while back, but I don't know where that is. Besides, it's too late for me to be searching around for it right now.
Other than that, excellent job compiling things, Feedski. ^^
I would be asking for information on health shrine and towers for ages, never got them. If someone can provide that information, it would be nice.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:05 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc