League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Does a Good/Bad Support Make or Break your ADC? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2550897)

Aureline 09-06-2012 03:02 AM

Does a Good/Bad Support Make or Break your ADC?

Hey there, Summoners! Aureline here with a pretty short question.

I'll get right to it. If you have a bad support in bot lane, does that ruin your as an AD carry?

They don't ward. They have zero presence in the lane. They aren't trying to take your farm, but they don't seem particularly interested in letting you have it, either. Oh, and above all, they keep dying to the enemy carry. By the 10-minute mark, you're way behind in farm, and they have no GP-5s.

Does this mean your career as a take-no-prisoners adc is over?

We've all seen those kick-ass supports so work their hardest to make sure their carry is fed. So this question is exploring if the opposite is true.

Thanks very much!

Feel free to add me in-game. Only been playing for about a year, but glad to be a part of this community. Cheers.

-Aure

Calibration 09-06-2012 03:29 AM

It doesn't mean that's it's a sure thing your going to loose but it does mean your going to have a harder time getting the items you need and your going to have to play more defensively

SentinelOfPain 09-06-2012 03:51 AM

My favorite adc is Kog'Maw. Now as many of us know, Kog is the exemplar of squishiness. You don't get much squisher and he has no escape other than his void ooze and that can be avoided. Even if it isn't avoided, it's simply a slow and doesn't do the best job of keeping people off of you.

Why am I mentioning this? Simple. If my support hasn't warded and I'm in the middle of bot lane, I am overextended. That's ridiculous, that shouldn't be overextended, that should be ALMOST overextended with more than enough time to back off should the enemy jungler decide to gank. But not with kog, and without wards up you are going to die if you are even that far out.

Now continuing with kog, say the other team is an ali-vayne combo. You will be cc'ed to death and nailed into the wall faster than you can blink and death is assured if your flash is down. Even if it isn't, you're still dead unless your support can heal you or stun one of the others, a bad support will more than likely do neither. This means fighting back is almost if not completely impossible.

Now that you know you can't fight back or even farm properly, the enemy bot lane is going to bully you and zone you for being even slightly outside of your turret. Even if you could farm, I'm sure the subpar support would be taking it anyway, so there's no way in Hell you're getting that farm.

More than once I've failed due to bad supports as multiple adcs. Without a good support a adc like Kog is stuck tower hugging, losing farm to a turret and incompetent support while the enemy adc is free to feed off of minions and support kills.

To answer your question, yes, terrible supports are more than capable of destroying an adc's game. However some adcs like Caitlyn or Trist will be able to farm with their ridiculous range and escapes anyway. Still, with a good support they could have done so much more.

Jeanschyso 09-06-2012 08:03 AM

A good support with a good ADC will make a good ADC. A good support with a bad ADC will make a bad ADC. A bad support with a good ADC will make a bad ADC, and a bad of both will make a terrible ADC.

Quick Rawr 09-06-2012 08:17 AM

A bad support can lose the game for your whole team.

drocker 09-06-2012 11:00 AM

Definetly. Iv had games where my support was so bad that i couldnt leave the turret. Support warding is key and if the support is doing next to nothing then not only is bot lane lost, its almost a 5v4 game.

Thunder kitsune 09-06-2012 11:11 AM

Alternately, a bad ADC makes or breaks your support. Sure, I have gp5. I've been warding. I've been healing/stunning. But if you don't watch where I ward, or if you run away at full hp and mana while I'm setting you up a kill; alternately you go all in while I'm the one out of mp and trying to back off, or you think it's ok to eat all the poke you can since you have a support with you, or you just sit back all game long.... I really see no reason to NOT take your cs and at least hope to help the rest of the team once laning is over.

I Love Slurpees 09-06-2012 01:04 PM

Bad support = Almost always an instaloss for adc, which is why I try not to play support because I'm down right god awful at it. A bad jungler can also mean an instaloss if he doesn't put pressure on lane though. So your jungler should be protecting your lane if you have no help from the support

IKorey 09-06-2012 01:15 PM

If the support stays in the bush and doesn't take cs as well as doesn't die. Then the lane should be fine, if the adc is good then there is not really any need for wards unless you are blue side, in which case the adc can buy 1 ward for tri-bush. The support doesn't make that big of a difference, if the adc is good the lane should be able to hold out until later on. But with this said 1 person can ruin the game for an entire team.

Xenfurion 09-06-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder kitsune (Hozzászólás 29017494)
Alternately, a bad ADC makes or breaks your support. Sure, I have gp5. I've been warding. I've been healing/stunning. But if you don't watch where I ward, or if you run away at full hp and mana while I'm setting you up a kill; alternately you go all in while I'm the one out of mp and trying to back off, or you think it's ok to eat all the poke you can since you have a support with you, or you just sit back all game long.... I really see no reason to NOT take your cs and at least hope to help the rest of the team once laning is over.

Agreed, while a bad support can just mean a slight disadvantage, a bad adc generally means a loss. This is why i don't like playing support, every time my adc DC'S or is just really bad and doesnt take any of the initiations i try it generally ends in my death and shortly after, the death of the adc. For example, i was playing jana one game, and continually saved my teamates from death, flash in and ult just in time to break off their chase and run like hell, yet we lost because the adc and top wouldnt stop wandering off alone into enemy territory.